Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Quadratic Continuum

With all the nerfs to magic, I haven't used BLU for anything in recent content except for a ridiculous Requiescat spam build. Is Quadratic Continuum still the go to spell? Is there anything I can do to put the mage back in blue mage?
    (0)
    The Original Blue Mage

Player
    Stone/Thunder is actually Blu's go-to spell for magic damage, /Sch, Set magic Attack, wear all Hagondes, Dual Wield Anahera Saber + Tamaxchi, and spam Stone1 for 1k damage just like the Blms.

Charged Whisker is alright, but, not worth the cast time compared to Stone/Thunder.

You're better off meleeing though unless you need the magic damage.
    If you need the range but physical damage is better spam Glutinous Dart and use a Str/Blu Skill/Acc setup.
    (0)

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    Stone/Thunder is actually Blu's go-to spell for magic damage, /Sch, Set magic Attack, wear all Hagondes, Dual Wield Anahera Saber + Tamaxchi, and spam Stone1 for 1k damage just like the Blms.

Charged Whisker is alright, but, not worth the cast time compared to Stone/Thunder.

You're better off meleeing though unless you need the magic damage.
    If you need the range but physical damage is better spam Glutinous Dart and use a Str/Blu Skill/Acc setup.
    Thanks. I guess I'm just disappointed because this is what I've always wanted for RDM. I always saw my BLU as a magic user.
    (0)
    The Original Blue Mage

Player
    Rdm can do the exact same thing, and slightly better due to more fastcast and having a better Phalanx, with the exception that they can't transition to physical damage as well, and they can't do it at range.
    (0)
    Last edited by Selindrile; 02-18-2014 at 11:24 PM.

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    RDM's mele build is nowhere near as good as BLU. You might be doing yours wrong. I can post a configuration if you want some help.
    (0)
    The Original Blue Mage

Player
    I believe you misread, I said except Rdm can't transition to physical damage as well, meaning Rdm cannot melee as well as Blu.

Thanks for the offer but I believe my Blu melees quite well, though I do fall behind the 119Tizona Blus that I keep partying with lol.
    (0)

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I just looked in to what you said. It's retarded and I'm upset I even considered looking in to it, welcome to the blacklist for being a trolling idiot.
    (0)
    Last edited by Inafking; 02-23-2014 at 12:03 AM.
    The Original Blue Mage

Why? Do you nuke stronger with blu spells?
    (0)