Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Magian staves

Character
    Rumblepakk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I have -5 augmented on two different pieces, and I have the rest for my pets attack/magic atk and I do more dmg than most smn i encountered (except the ones with Nirvana, obviously).. I do NOT use any staff for -perp
    (0)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    One of the biggest noob mistakes on SMN is focusing too much on perp...

There's 3 stats a SMN needs to cap:
    Perp
    BP Ability delay
    500 skill

I see random people and have LSmates who dropped millions of gil into getting a -5 perp on Hagondes Coat... And scoff at my magian staves and Caller's Doublet +2...
    And yet...
    Why is it that MY avatars rarely wiff.... If at all...
    Yet theirs can't hit the broad side of a lv115 barn?

Oh yeah....
    Because they gimped their avatars by loosing the +10 skill that Caller's has... All for all those "totes relevant and awesome" iLv stats...
    That are SOOOO helpful to the SMN....
    Cause...
    Dat STR just... REALLY makes it breaks a good SMN.
    0_0

SMN is a weird job.
    iLv stuff... Has, up to now with the RFs, been worthless outside of macros... (Hagondes' pet MAB... Even though anyone can tell you that for slots where you have +%BPdmg gear... Even for magic BPs... +25MAB is nowhere near as good as a hard +5%... Or 10% if we're talking about the body.)

I have a LSmate who can't understand how I never have to rest on SMN... But have "inferior" gear than him.
    Because my gear caps my BPtimer, perp AND +500 skill with little to no gear swapping.
    While his "way more refesh from Hagondes" isn't keeping his MP up...
    It's cause perp isn't the only thing SMNs need to max.

And that 500+ skill really makes or breaks SMN... Especially in AAs and WKRs.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2