Thread: Minions

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Minions

DRK should get undead minion pet jugs and be able to charm undead.
    (0)
    The Original Blue Mage

I tried the undead creatures thing, got all kinds of mumbo jumbo about dead can't come out in the daytime, to which I said they could just have them bring out a different type, or maybe give them an aura to protect them. That IS an interesting point tho, why can't dark knight "do" anything to/with undead? Ah wait I know then Paladins will complain about not being able to do anything to/with divine monsters...wait are there any?
    (0)
    Last edited by Blah; 02-19-2014 at 12:59 AM. Reason: more thought to the subject
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Player
    That was when tanka was in charge with this new developer, necromancer could possibly be added to the game.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Brightshadow View Post
    That was when tanka was in charge with this new developer, necromancer could possibly be added to the game.
    No, no I mean when I said we should get necromancer the forum trolls said that. But what's even more interesting is that if they do go with transcending jobs (also an earlier topic) necromancer could be a transcendent of dark knight....with the ability to summon dark minions.
    (0)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I don't think anyone was trying to troll the thread that had Necromancer in it, I remember being in it. To troll would be deliberately saying something to provoke reader(s) into an emotional response or derail the thread from the OP. Reiterating why the development team said no in the past is a good way to re-evaluate. Allowing the idea to either be updated with a counter response from development team's reasoning or realize the answer previously given by the development team is good enough and discard it altogether.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf View Post
    I don't think anyone was trying to troll the thread that had Necromancer in it, I remember being in it. To troll would be deliberately saying something to provoke reader(s) into an emotional response or derail the thread from the OP. Reiterating why the development team said no in the past is a good way to re-evaluate. Allowing the idea to either be updated with a counter response from development team's reasoning or realize the answer previously given by the development team is good enough and discard it altogether.
    Ah I didn't mean it like troll, I meant like regular posters...probably should just have said that, and no developer actually answered yay or nay on any of the job suggestion threads. I'm going to keep checking though
    (0)

Character
    Kaiichi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I personally gave up on the undead thing when I was told that PUP was basically it. Can't remember where I read it, but it was a long while ago. But thinking back, would be cool to see Necromancer with a Cauldron in there ammo slot and synthesis using animal bones and an undead Dhalmel following you around. Corroded Cassy I'd call her.

But back to the subject, I'd actually rather see a Necromancer made on this idea rather than adding it to DRK. I feel it would also give another job to specialize in Summoning Magic with the added ability of Dark Magic.
    (0)
    Warning: You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be misunderstood, misworded, misquoted, and then used against you. For this is the law of the interwebs.

Yeah it's exactly why I had suggested it, but...well it wouldn't be quite fair to dark knight. They're essentially supposed to have SOMEthing like that too it would be too weird to have the necromancer summ-well maybe that's just me. It would be too weird to me to have such similar jobs...ah it's just me.
    (0)

OP posts seem very bad
    (3)

Character
    Tohihroyu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Troll? it was said years ago they where going to add Necromancer but Puppetmaster took its place. They *could* add it if the demand is high enough...on the jp side.

Plus the mannequin quest line was supposed to be the Necromancer AF, but again pup took priority and it was scrapped and made into what it is now.

I'd really like Necromancer, have my own pet zombie hordes to send after nasty things~! *maniacal laughter* FLY MY PRETTIES FLY!

but if they where "summoner like" wont that mean rather then mp perp it'd be hp perp? that'd be pretty tricky...and also with that how would you get your undead minions? jugs? casting? if the last there would not doubt be quests like summoner to get the tougher undead like Umbril, Corses, Doomed, Vampyrs & Naraka(one hour for that though) but what about lesser undead? skeletons (including Draugar type), Ghosts (including Bhoot type), and Hounds, I would think a Necromancer starter minion would be a Corpselight and I guess Doomed would fit more with lessers than the stronger ones.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast