Thread: Vivacious Pulse

Character
    Shibayama
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Vivacious Pulse

So... does anyone know how exactly the runes effect the potency of this ability? Because as it stands right now, it seems rather bad...

With 3 runes of the same type, I've gotten around 370-400 hp back, which on a minute timer really isn't all that spectacular.
    (0)

Player
    It's pretty nice for soloing, but it doesn't really help tanking things that are actually worthwhile.
    (1)

Character
    Shibayama
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I'm not sure if it changes rune by rune or is affected by the day or what - 3 fire runs on firesday had around 400 hp healed. 3 dark runes on lightsday had 176 healed.

I dunno, but if that's the limit, I'm not sure what the thought process behind "Hmm RUN needs some help - I know! A day-dependant cure 3 on a minute long timer!"

if it were 20 seconds it would be a different story seeing as how it's apparently free, but man I'm dissapointed if thats the extent of it.
    (2)

Player
    Free cure3 once a minute is alright, but I don't see how it remotely helps them "tank" anything, all it really does is reduce downtime or let you sub something that isn't dnc on content that doesn't do much damage, like say Dyna.... but then you have to sub Dnc there to proc anyway lol, guess it's nice in Aby when you're /Thf going after Souls... I finished mine already though.
    (0)

Character
    Shibayama
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    According to the developer interview, 3 dark runes cures for less because it also recovers MP - will have to test later but if that's the case that's pretty good if you're in a pinch and need to spam foil. I wonder if the other elemental runes have similar effects besides HP recovered, since for some reason it seems to function on the elemental heirarchy system (3 sulpor runes cures for the most)

Just tested out the Dark runes - weirdly enough it does not announce that you recovered MP in the chat log for some reason... but it recovered roughly 115 MP. Unsure of what the mods are for VP but as an MP recovery tool, its actually really nice.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shibayama; 02-22-2014 at 01:27 PM.

Player
    Maybe they should make it into a Cure V instead of a Cure III.
    (0)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    It's pretty nice for soloing, but it doesn't really help tanking things that are actually worthwhile.
    and thats why you have a healer, this is only a solo heal, emergency low-heal. RUN was never meant to be a cure machine to cure himself
    (0)

Player
    To be fair, if I have a healer, I'll probably be on Monk, not Run.
    (0)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    To be fair, if I have a healer, I'll probably be on Monk, not Run.
    well thats another problem, but not because of vivacious pulse lol
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I get about 380 per use or ~200 HP/MP for tenebre. Pretty good considering the ability is on a 60s timer. Honestly I wish all of them would restore HP/MP as that's probably the best use I've had for it.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast