Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Vivacious Pulse

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    does lunge/swipe benefit from the day/wather bonus like nukes do?
    (0)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    does lunge/swipe benefit from the day/weather bonus like nukes do?
    Yes. You can use Obis with it.
    I was very careful in my testing to avoid any day/weather correlation.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    is all of his gear MP > HP gear? dark runes give you MP based on your max MP. If you only get 14 MP returned and have more MP than that to fill, then your friend is doing something wrong. Like only using 1 dark rune or something.
    Nope. Use up a couple hundred mp, tenebrae tenebrae, tenebrae, Vivacious pulse, get 14 mp back. I even tried to see if it was mage sub dependent like wyvern's healing breaths, but it's the same whether he subs BLU, WHM, SAM or NIN. I can't even imagine it's max MP+ gear, as all the item level stuff has some. I'm getting real tired of having to Radial Arcana/Devotion him constantly.

And it seems it's just freaking him, so either you have to have a piece of equipment he doesn't have for it to work, or there's some sort of bug with his specific merit set up or something equally as stupid. (Like when adding chocobo racing somehow broke Sneak Attack)

Also, on a Square Enix Forum, spell check thinks Chocobo is not a word, but Tuff is.
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Huh. Interesting that you're having the issue, but I don't know if it's a gear thing. I tested Tenebrae (one rune) with no gear on earlier in this thread, and I was getting 58 MP with a single rune. Jumping to full gear, I was at 62 MP with a single rune. Not sure what the stat was that improved it and I'm still testing it, but with the numbers I'm getting ~174 or so MP per usage.

It's possible that it got bugged somehow with the last update; I'll jump on and do some testing when I get some time.

Edit: Tested it, and I'm getting +60 MP with one rune, no gear. Odd, as that's higher than my value on another job combo (I think I was RUN/THF?) but maybe a hint towards what affects MP gained. Still, that shows there's no bug on this end; it might be something wrong with him.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kensagaku; 05-21-2014 at 05:49 AM.
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Orakio
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Vivacious Pulse MP recovery from Tenebrae is based on Divine Skill. Not sure exactly what the calculation is.

No gear i wore changed recovery value until i equipped runeist pants. Confirmed by /sch in light arts which resulted in massive boost (my divine is way underleveled )

So some basic #'s from testing.

100 skill = 40 mp recovered/3 runes
    115 skill (runeist legs) = 44 mp recovered/3 runes
    385 skill (/sch with runeist legs) = 152 mp recovered/3 runes.

Appears to be roughly 1 mp per 2.5 divine skill.

Food for though if anyone else wants to attempt to confirm #'s.
    (2)
    Last edited by orakio; 05-21-2014 at 11:42 AM.

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    So that's what was doing it... I'd confirmed that max MP had no effect, but I couldn't figure out what was causing the restored amount to drop when I stripped my gear. I idle in runeist's pants. lol.

Very nice discovery.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Yeah with 398 skill I got 78 with 1 rune... 156 with 3.

Based on your numbers and the quick one I did I'd say it is mp gained = floor(divine skill/10)*(1+number of Tenebrae)

Has anyone worked out the full hp healing formulas?
    (1)
    Last edited by dasva; 05-30-2014 at 04:40 PM.

Character
    Amaran
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by orakio View Post
    Vivacious Pulse MP recovery from Tenebrae is based on Divine Skill. Not sure exactly what the calculation is.

No gear i wore changed recovery value until i equipped runeist pants. Confirmed by /sch in light arts which resulted in massive boost (my divine is way underleveled )

So some basic #'s from testing.

100 skill = 40 mp recovered/3 runes
    115 skill (runeist legs) = 44 mp recovered/3 runes
    385 skill (/sch with runeist legs) = 152 mp recovered/3 runes.

Appears to be roughly 1 mp per 2.5 divine skill.

Food for though if anyone else wants to attempt to confirm #'s.
    Holly *** really? VP is based on divine skill? Thats sounds alot like how the effect or hate gain from "Flash" is based. However does divine skill also effect how much hp is recovered from vp as well? I'm kinds of curious if any +cure effect, obis or elemental accessories would work at increasing or enhancing VP effect.
    (0)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kote View Post
    Holly *** really? VP is based on divine skill? Thats sounds alot like how the effect or hate gain from "Flash" is based. However does divine skill also effect how much hp is recovered from vp as well? I'm kinds of curious if any +cure effect, obis or elemental accessories would work at increasing or enhancing VP effect.
    Ummm, what? The only known effect divine skill has on flash is on resist rate(landing/duration.) The enmity is static.
    (0)

Character
    Orakio
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kote View Post
    VP is based on different stats for each element, as previously identified in this post.

Only Tenebrae is based on Divine skill, and in its case both the HP and MP restored are affected by your divine skill. Dasva looks to have nailed down the MP formula, HP restored is slightly higher than MP as far as i can tell.
    (0)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5