Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Vivacious Pulse

Character
    Nakts
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I think some testing is in order to see if there are any other hidden effects, or was that the only one mentioned?
    (0)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    I get about 380 per use or ~200 HP/MP for tenebre. Pretty good considering the ability is on a 60s timer. Honestly I wish all of them would restore HP/MP as that's probably the best use I've had for it.
    That's it exactly.
    It's pretty clear that the devs intended VP to be our "chivalry" JA...
    But the fact that you have to switch out all three runes (and thereby loose all their massive Meva buff... And possibly their element-Mdef...) to runes that probably aren't helping you in any way...
    Just to restore MP...
    AT LEAST they reduced the recast timer for runes... If they hadn't done that.. Then it would be nigh impossible to change out all three fast enough to not instadie.

Which is why I like what you mused on: wish all gave back MP.
    Cause if they all did, and dark just had a higher MP restoration... Then there wouldn't be such a gimping problem that there is now...
    Cause as it works now, it's as if a PLD had to unequip their shield and sword to use Chivalry,
    (4)

Greetings,

Vivacious Pulse was designed based on the concept that it would be an ability to aid the healers of your party, and it was not made to be an ability that self-heals to completely recover from the damage the rune fencer suffers.

Also, depending on which runes you are using when you activate Vivacious Pulse, the effect will increase depending on the stats you enhance. For example, if you use Ignis runes, by adding more STR the effect of Vivacious Pulse will increase.
    (8)
    Last edited by Camate; 03-26-2014 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Correction and clarification
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

Vivacious Pulse was designed based on the concept that it would be an ability to aid the healers of your party, and it was not made to be an ability that self-heals to completely recover from the damage the rune fencer suffers.

Some comments in this thread mention about the additional effect of Vivacious Pulse when using it with dark runes, but depending on which runes you are using Vivacious Pulse will enhance other stats. For example, if you use Ignis runes your STR will be boosted.
    Im sure I examined this and saw no str bonus in the menu but I will check it again.

Edit: Just checked it again and saw no stat increase, Camate could you tell us if its some sort of hidden stat raise?
    (0)
    Last edited by Cljader1; 03-26-2014 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cljader1 View Post
    Im sure I examined this and saw no str bonus in the menu but I will check it again.

Edit: Just checked it again and saw no stat increase, Camate could you tell us if its some sort of hidden stat raise?
    I checked into this again and there was a slight misunderstanding. I've corrected my original post to reflect the proper information, but I'll state it here for good measure as well.

Depending on the type of runes you are using when you activate Vivacious Pulse you are able to boost the effect with the corresponding stat. So for example, if you are using Ignis runes, by adding more STR you will be able to increase the effect of Vivacious Pulse. Sorry for the confusion!
    (4)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Soooo STR effects the cure potency?... I dunno, I still don't get what you're trying to say.
    (1)

Character
    Bepe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalabob View Post
    Soooo STR effects the cure potency?... I dunno, I still don't get what you're trying to say.
    The attributes are naturally aligned to the elemental wheel. Old school mage knowledge session here we go:

The Alignments are as follows:
    Fire - STR
    Ice - INT
    Water - MND
    Wind - AGL
    Earth - VIT
    Lightning - DEX
    Light - CHR
    Dark - Mana (this one is kinda iffy >.>)

So what behemoth man is saying, is that if you want to boost vivacious pulse, load up on the attribute that corresponds to the elemental runes you are using. I'm not sure what stat buffs Vivacious pulse with dark runes up. There is probably some research on this elsewhere, but I don't play that much anymore to keep up with it. Good luck with RUN!
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Dark doesn't really have an aligned stat, perhaps MP restored is based on your maximum MP? Say it's X% of your max per rune? If so, you'd want to stack MP gear for 3x Dark. Oh boy, this will be interesting though.

Edit: On that note, I wonder if mixed stats boosts the effect on multiple types of runes? Perhaps they're trying to hint at us using multiple types of runes combined with the stat vomit gear we have? Or is it that 3x of one type of rune and one stat is more powerful than multiple rune types + equal total stats? If anything.

If multiple runes are being encouraged, they could be more powerful for pulse, because base stats are ~100+ each (I'm not in-game so I don't have my stats up to check) which is a free 300 that you won't get stacking one stat. Wow, get in game and apparently I'm exaggerating a LOT. But anyway. Will definitely have to test this.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kensagaku; 03-26-2014 at 03:28 PM.
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'm still not getting what Camate was trying to say.
    Maybe it's because I do not have a clear knowledge of Vivacious Pulse. I mean, I know that loading up different runes before using Pulse brings up to different effects, but I don't know what exactely these effects are
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Pretty much, each element relates to a stat. By increasing the relevant stat, you increase the amount of HP healed. So if you have Ignis Runes up, more STR = More HP healed. This has proven a consistent formula for my testing of single runes, where 2 Stat = 1 HP healed.

Pretty much, the general formula I've discovered for Vivacious Pulse is HP Healed = Base Pulse Value + [(Relevant Stat/2) * Number of Runes]

This is for single rune types, of course. I have yet to test for multiple, but I am working on it.
    (2)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast