Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Tetsujin
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Reforged Relic Armor discussion thread.

I was quite ecstatic to see the new ultra, super-hyped reforged relic armor....

And to my disappointment I found that I wanted very little to do with upgrading the relics.

I expected Skirmish II to outperform Relics in their own way and I'm fine with that. What I'm ultimately upset about is that even Sparks gear, which took little to no effort to obtain, outshines many of the Relic pieces.

Why get a reforged relic piece when Espial Doodads give me 30 more defense, an extra 10 to each stat, and twice as much of all the other item level happy stats like magic evasion and MDB?

I fully hoped that Relic armor would *at least* be a side-grade from the RoE sets.
    (2)

Character
    Dragomair
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Agreed. I only see 1 piece of relic reforged that I'd consider getting. (Not likely considering it's a few million gil to upgrade to +2 and then more to get it to 109, never mind getting 119.)
    (0)

Character
    Artharian
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I see, some pieces at least, being great - the Relic and Artifact head pieces for SAM, for example, outstrip Outrider in stats and benefit the job specialities (Store TP for Relic and Meditate for Artifact)...I'm sure many other pieces will follow this pattern (I haven't fully investigate...I feel a spread sheet coming on!)

Art.
    (0)

Character
    Calipso
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Most of them are pretty meh and it's just a nice boost to not have to do dyna trials for new jobs :/
    (0)
    Playing since 2004: ★☆ GreenGrumpyShieldBardClub ☆★ Lv119: Carnwenhan, Yagrush(X2), Vajra, Glanzfaust, Kannagi, Mandau, Spharai, Mjollnir, Yoichi. Lv 99: Gjallarhorn (X2), Daurdabla.

Character
    Dragomair
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Extremely underwhelming especially considering the negative effects of adding reforged relic. (Overcamped dynamis, more expensive relic, etc.)
    (3)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It really depends on the jobs you're talking about...
    PLD? Well they made out like a bandit... that body and those feet are just... to die for.
    THF and SMN now have their "if you're not using this what's wrong with you" hand slots iLv'd... And SMN's relic horn is pretty good for a macro piece... especially.... for.... 2hr.... BPs.... lol

Um.... DNC got those store-TP+19 shoes? That's pretty good...

But it's not the crazy overhaul like the RF1 sets... cause those were coming from the 75 era... while at least relics had lv90 base versions... (though this also heavily implies that the only thing iLv empy gear is gonna have is the stat bloat... no new gimmicks.... no new mechanics... just the same empy gear with more stats.... And here I was hoping for a static translation of the set-bonus procs... to fit in better with the "mix and match all three AFs" vision Matsui laid out... but if they follow the suit of the relic update.... AND it's gonna be sinful how pisseasy RUN and GEO's fake-empy set is gonna be. I'm calling it now: "wear your full relic set, watch 2 CSs, trade some easily obtainable synth items from the AH for <300k total and have your full set of 109 "empy" armor...")
    (1)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Hmmm. In PLD's case, I'd say the best piece added so far was the hands.

The body NQ is a weaker clone of Reverence+1, the only reason to carry it is still the fealty enhancement. Now, when the +1 comes out, I'd expect it to surpass Reverence+1 body.

The +1 feet are much the same. Still less enmity/haste than Creed+2. And more 5% more PDT on sentinel is as underwhelming as ever.(this being an untested assumption I admit. But it's a reasonable assumption considering the old relic enhancement.)

Hands +1 matched the enmity/haste of enif, letting me store enif. Inv+1! And I was already carrying Valor gantlets+2 for the chivalry enhancement. They also gain 23 MND over valor. A notable boost to chivalry. Last, they have +104 HP, making them the highest HP hands. Good for weakness sets, or just all purpose High HP tanking. It's just too bad no PDT...

Head is as pointless as ever. It does have 2 more enmity and the same haste as Cizin. But the loss of 5% fastcast makes it not worth casting enmity spells in.

Legs are in almost the same place as body. They do have the same PDT, and 1 more enmity than Rev+1 legs. But they lose a substantial amount of DEF and ilvl stats. the HQ will likely surpass Rev.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I feel compelled to collect all of them for my MNK, even though they're not all that great and kinda redundant since I have Anchorite's +1 set.

Hesychat's Gloves +1 is, like Melee Gloves, a great piece to macro in for Chakra and it gives a nice accuracy boost.
    Hesychat's Gloves +1 is almost identical to Anchorite's +1 except it gives 3 less strength, doesn't enhance Focus, and gives Enmity -6 and Subtle Blow +10. I think that's the winner over Anchorite's +1.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    I feel compelled to collect all of them for my MNK, even though they're not all that great and kinda redundant since I have Anchorite's +1 set.

Hesychat's Gloves +1 is, like Melee Gloves, a great piece to macro in for Chakra and it gives a nice accuracy boost.
    Hesychat's Gloves +1 is almost identical to Anchorite's +1 except it gives 3 less strength, doesn't enhance Focus, and gives Enmity -6 and Subtle Blow +10. I think that's the winner over Anchorite's +1.
    You're thinking of the head peice for Focus.

DEF:88 HP+40 STR+18 DEX+34 VIT+28 AGI+6 INT+10 MND+28 CHR+16 Evasion+22 Magic Evasion+26 Haste+5% "Magic Def. Bonus"+1 "Subtle Blow"+5 "Boost"+68

DEF:76 HP+60 STR+10 DEX+34 VIT+28 AGI+6 INT+10 MND+28 CHR+16 Accuracy+23 Attack+23 Evasion+22 Magic Evasion+26 "Magic Def. Bonus"+1 Haste+4% "Subtle Blow"+8 "Chakra III"+45

Actual Difference for wearing Hesychat's VS Anchorites:

-12 Def, +20HP, -8Str, +23 Acc, +23 Atk, -1% Haste, +3 "Subtle Blow", -Boost, +Chakra.

Any time the Acc and Atk would help you and the 1 haste doesn't uncap you Hsychat's wins, content like AAs and 6Man delve, in 18Man you're probably capped on Acc/Atk due to the extra buffs a good portion of the time, would be nice to have both, but I'm only +1'ing Hesychat's myself, I'd call that a winner, as I'd rather TP in Otronif for content where I'm acc/atk capped due to the augs, though it would be nice to have Anchorite's for WS on Acc/Atk capped situations, but I'll live without them.
    (0)
    Last edited by Selindrile; 03-02-2014 at 08:50 AM.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Why are you comparing iLevel 117/119 pieces to iLevel 109 pieces? The NQ iLevel Relic is all 109 and is pretty weak compared to the bigger / better stuff. HQ is what we should be comparing and most jobs got 1~3 pieces that are really good.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast