Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Tohihroyu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I tried to change title and rewatch "the chains fall free" but still nothing...i'm about to give up... i'm going to just get Gadalar cause this is maddening (I got Iron Eater fine) but whats bugging me is I got Prishe & Ulmia on my main fine...but I can't on my alt
    (0)

Character
    Infamousaztek
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I don't think you need Apocalypse Nigh, my brother did none of rise of the zilart and just finished CoP, got the final cs and then went back to examine to the door and got Prishe. I'm almost positive this is a bug.
    (0)

Character
    Bellincion
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I am having the same issues completed the chains fall quest years ago and trying to do any quest I can find with price like X marks the spot. ulmia i have but it seems random who is having problems with prishe, it is not a consistent issue
    (0)

Character
    Infamousaztek
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    well after the emergency maintenance nothing new. still get the "the door is locked tight." message. I also spoke with another player who said they pretty much told him/her "tough luck." when contacting SE about the issue.
    (0)

Character
    Alphadeus
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    UPDATE: I'm looking at the Japanese version of the trust page, and it has more information. I used Google Translate, so I don't know what exactly is being referred to, but this is what I gathered:

In regards to Ulmia:

have complete the mission "dawn"
    ※ While if you have received an offer the quest "Hinowawoninaite", from the event after the occurrence of at Mizareo Coast, until the end of the BF game in Rivu~enu rock mass group site B01, it can not be performed acquisition of the face. (Postscript 19 February 2014)

I don't know what Hinowawoninaite is, but since they're referencing Riverne B01, I have to assume that if you flag Storms of Fate, you have to complete it before being able to get Ulmia.

In regards to Prishe:

You have finished the scene of events and "When unravel curse" mission you have a complete and "When unravel curse" mission, occurring in the field Lufaise
    ※ I have received an offer of any quest "Hinowawoninaite" and "Shadows of the Dead".
    Or, while if you have received an offer, "What are you? Whether I think it is lies in the world" and, of until the end of the event scene in the den of the sea lion, it can not be performed acquisition of the face. (Postscript 19 February 2014)

So it seems that Storms of Fate is possibly the first road block (for Ulmia), and Shadows of the Departed is the second roadblock. I also do not know what "What are you? Whether I think it is lies in the world" refers to. It mentions Sea Lion Den, though.

With that said, do not attempt to do the quests I suggested below, unless "What are you?..." is one of them, or possibly another quest altogether.

ORIGINAL POST

The update notes for today:

[Details]
    Changes have been made to the amount of time players are required to wait before activating the quests below.

- Quest “Shadows of the Departed”
    Before Update: Until after the next conquest tally After Update: One Vana'diel day

- Quest “Apocalypse Nigh”
    Before Update: One Earth day
    After Update: One Vana'diel day

* As a result of this update, the time period required to obtain the alter ego "Prishe" has also been shortened.

This pretty much suggests that Apocalypse Nigh needs to be completed in order to get Prishe (since shortening the time for Shadows of the Departed and Apocalypse Nigh are referenced "as a result of this update"). Like I said, I didn't get her until after I cleared the Apocalypse Nigh battlefield (and before next earth day to collect the earring reward).

There "may" be other factors. If you completed Apocalypse Nigh, but can't get her, it might be one of the various quests I referred to. You might only need to do 1 of them, so I recommend maybe doing the fishing one (or any of the ones you haven't done yet). Honestly, as annoying as it might sound, you might need to look to see which quest hasn't been done, and then do each one until hopefully you get her. Since I did all of the quests before doing the Apocalypse Nigh battle, I honestly cannot tell you which one (if any) are required.

And for those that got Prishe by completing CoP, but not Zilart, I'm curious if Shadows of the Departed is presenting as a road block to getting Prishe.

I didn't get her until after Apocalypse Nigh. If you completed Apocalypse Nigh, then knock out the following quests 1 by 1 (in any order you feel comfortable with, since I'm not sure which would prevent you from getting the trust) to see if it helps:

Recommended:
    - Hook, Line, and Sinker : Omer - Lower Jeuno (G-10) - Fish up Sea Bishops and Krakens to get the Egret Fishing Rod. You do not need fishing skill to reel in monsters. I used little worm as bait, and a rod for large fish (I think Mithran?). Monster bites are noted as something biting ferociously. If something pulls on the line, it's most likely a rusty item that could probably break your rod. You can cancel out of those.
    - In the Mood for Love : Odasel - Lower Jeuno (H-9) - Kill Gigas in Lufaise Meadows to get the Chameleon Diamond.
    - A Chocobo's Tale : Nevela - Upper Jeuno (G-7) - I put this one last because it was the most frustrating for me. You need 3 Warding Oils from Emerald Quadavs. They spawn in Beadeaux and Castle Zvahl Baileys. I used Beadeaux, but it took a few hours to get the 3 I needed.

Possible requirements:
    - X Marks the Spot : Despachiaire - Tavnazian Safehold (K-10) - Apparently some people said doing this quest let them get Prishe. It was one of the first that I did because I thought it was the quest to get her. I tried to not use any research since it was a brand new event, but when I reached the aqueducts, I decided to check a wiki, and realized it was an old quest. I did it anyway because I needed the map, and as mentioned, I was able to do Secrets of Ovens Lost, which I doubt is a requirement, but if you've done all of the above, it might be worth considering.

With all that said, if you completed Apocalypse Nigh, did the 3 recommended quests, and X Marks the Spot (and "possibly" Secrets of Ovens Lost), and still can't get Prishe, then unfortunately I'm not sure what else to say.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alphadeus; 02-20-2014 at 04:35 AM.

Character
    Nija
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 11
    You can't do Shadows of the Departed without finishing ZMs. So if people were able to get Prishe with just PMs done then it's a bug they don't know how to fix properly instead they gave us another way to obtain Prishe.
    (0)

Character
    Infamousaztek
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Ok I can confirm that beating Apocalypse Nigh and then talking to the door will give you Prishe.
    (1)

8. 02-20-2014 09:26 AM

Character
    Darienchiba
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    well i'm on with a GM right now and they are saying that Apoc nigh isn't required to obtain her.
    (0)

Character
    Alphadeus
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Well, I can confirm that I only got Prishe after doing Apocalypse Nigh. I checked the Walnut Door before heading to the battlefield, didn't get her. I went back after clearing the battlefield, and got her.

If you completed Apocalypse Nigh and still haven't gotten her, then there is obviously another issue. Based on what I've seen and gathered, if you finish Dawn (get the song cutscene), and don't flag Storms of Fate, you would most likely get both. If you started Storms of Fate, you won't be able to get either Ulmia or Prishe until you complete it, in which case, you should be able to get Ulmia.

The issue seems to start at Storms of Fate. I think having it flagged means having to go all the way to Apocalypse Nigh to get Prishe. I did everything I possibly could think of, including quests that might not have been needed. I checked the door after every quest, with no luck.

Bottom line, I got Prishe yesterday, and it was only after completing the Apocalypse Nigh battle. I didn't even have to wait til next day to get my earring reward. As soon as I did the battlefield, and went to check the door, I got the cutscene.

So take that how you will. I spent all of my time doing the quests and missions just to get Prishe. The only divide I see is regarding Storms of Fate, which seems to interfere with getting Ulmia and Prishe.

I'm going to say it one more time. If you flagged Storms of Fate but never finished it, unless they patch it (or there are other factors such as quests), you most likely need to complete Apocalypse Nigh. Based on my own experience, I had to beat Apocalypse Nigh.

It's not uncommon for quests and missions to interfere with other aspects, but unless you tell me you are on The Last Verse for Zilart and Promathia, and still can't get Prishe, I can only refer you to my experience.
    (1)

Character
    Aoikaminari
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    I think Alpha is right. If you finished Dawn and then started Storms of Fate, then you have to finish the whole shebang up through the fight in Apocalypse Nigh. I was flagged for Storms of Fate, but never got around to finishing it. I finally continued on to beat the bosses in Apoc. Nigh, and was finally able to get Prishe afterwards.

It's also worth mentioning that I didn't have to actually finish the Apocalypse Nigh quest though. Just needed to beat the bosses in order to get the rest of the (hilarious) cutscenes with Prishe. No need to wait for another J. Midnight before the final cutscenes.. As soon as the bosses were done, I just ran back to the Tav. Safehold, checked the door again, and the door opened!

Still not certain if this is a bug or not, but it's definitely not consistant with the requirements on the POL website. I'm curious to see what other people find out.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast