Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Inafking View Post
    SE is DEFIANTLY not doing enough to make sure all jobs are playable.

Warrior
    Damage does not seem comparable to other DD jobs.
    this is not true Warrior's Damage is comparable to other DDs, it just lacks a safety net and versatility that monk has mantra, formless strikes etc etc.

Monk
    Requires special weapons that are impossible to obtain. Oatixur is the easiest but that would require leveling another job to get the KI/Plasm you would need to buy it or a position in a party where it has the possibility of dropping.
    This one imho needs some nerfing, excellent DD with lots of ways to avoid damage/or set up a safety net, too much versatility with formless strikes, mantra etc.
    just look at the base damage increas the hand to hand weapons got from lvl 75 to ilvl 119 compared to any other weapon... they gained the most % DPS wise. Either bumped their damage down or nerf their versatility/safety net.

White Mage
    Requires lots of hard (and some impossible) to get refresh/healing gear
    sorry but whm is one of the most easiest jobs to gear, lots of gear is basicly thrown at you, you can easy reach a cure potency cap with skirmish gear and some stave etc.
    Enhancing magic skill is easy to cap too
    debuff gear needs more work, but lol debuffs.

Black Mage
    Magic damage has been nerfed to the point of uselessness.
    I dont know in what world you live, while yes magic damage is not even near to melee DD, its by far not worthless like it was months ago. Magic damage has been catching up lately with all the adjustments they made and with the gear they release, its decent and far away from laughable, still no competition to fully decked melees, but its getting there

Red Mage
    Linkshells require cheating software to change gear and that's assuming you can get enough of it.
    wut, this sentence makes no sense

Thief
    TH dagger has been ignored since lv75 cap. Only 1 dagger can keep up with current damage standards.
    Thief needs a little bit help yes, but its not that bad

Paladin
    Requires impossible to get shields
    actually it doesnt, killedar shield does a very good job, you just need to gear correctly for it. while yes brochain and aegis make it really easy. a good player should be ably to tank everything (even hardmode) without any of them, just need to gear differently and have different buffs.

Dark Knight
    Very squishy and once again, does not live up to current DD standards
    same problem as WAR look above (monk is the reason)

Beastmaster
    Jugs are a money hole and still won't get you party invites.
    Charm is nowhere near effective enough to be useful.
    i played BST extensivly at lvl 75, i have frankly no idea where it stands now powerwise, BUT just allowing brd/cor/geo buffs to apply to pets would prolly balance the job. Because in unbuffed situations its not bad compared to other melees, the problem is when buffs come into play that their pets cant benefit from.

Bard
    Requires impossible to get instruments
    does not, a 2 brd song is still very good, of course not as good as a 3 or 4 song brd, but still very good and can do its job, the problem is the playerbase NOT the job itself.

Ranger
    Ammo is a money hole and the weapons are difficult to obtain.
    NOT true at all, ammo is nowhere a money hole with the new recycle, you dont need that much anymore and the weapons are somewhat decent to obtain, unless we are talking about relic. and even those arent THAT hard to obtain. you can get them solo via gil farming

Samurai
    Very few GKs can keep up with current DD standards.
    again not true, see above like war and drk

Ninja
    Too many abilities take away all shadows and tanking has virtually been eliminated as a mechanic. 0 focus on helping NIN DD.
    Nin is still very strong in lowman situations, some strategy beating Verydifficult AAs involve NIN NIN THF BRD COR WHM. Shadows have made a comeback with AAs actually, but the job needs a tiny bit something, maybe reworking yonnin/innin not to scale overtime would help a great deal.

Dragoon
    Only 1 polearm can keep up with current DD standards.
    DRG needs some help yes, mostly because its damage is so subjob dependend.

Summoner
    WAY too much specialized gear required to be useful. Including impossible to get staff from ToAU.
    what are you talking about, did you look at any of the easy to get ilvl staffs for smn? its like YOU HAVENT played this game in years.

Blue Mage
    Subject to magic nerf and adjustments that are so frequent trying to plan out a long term gear set is impossible.
    again wut? wut? BLU is very decent and can rack out damage if wanted, the only thing it lacks is a tiny bit more power in blu spells and more spellset points to set more spells and traits thats it

Corsair
    Same ammo issue as RNG but with added gear problems for rolls.
    AGAIN recycle update fixed ammo issue, and there is no gear problems for roll. like seriously, WHEN was the LAST time you played, you trolling? very good buffer

Puppetmaster
    WAY too much item collection between gear and parts. Can't even use the job until you have a majority.
    the only thing holding PUP back ist dumb JA-delay that destroys their DPS

Dancer
    Only 1 dagger can live up to DD standards and even with current adjustments can't be main or backup healer.
    see PUP

Scholar
    same as RDM
    ok I have to stop laughing hahahaha, you have no idea of sch it seems

Rune Fencer
    Still not able to DD or tank in a party.
    This is actualyl the only one i agree with you

Geomancer
    same as RDM, SCH, and BLM
    oh lord of heaven... Geo is like the strongest debuffer for ANY ally content, the job just has a problem fitting into 6 man setups because they are usually not static but more mobile, which isnt GEOs streanght, but in static Alliance content it destroys cor and brd with its debuff that benefit the whole alliance.

I am sorry to say this, but you sound like you havent played FFXI for like years
    (8)

Player
    Lol Damane, that's the exact impression I got of him, and I agreed with you 99%, as you can tell our posts are pretty similar.
    (2)

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    New troll added.
    (0)
    The Original Blue Mage

Player
    You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.
    (6)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.
    Troll = anyone who disagrees with Inafking. I'm pretty sure that at this point he has at least half the forum's members on his ignore list. I had him on there too for some reason, then I took him off because I forgot that reason, and I think it's time to put the guy back on.
    (5)

inafking:

spoilered because wall of text.
    how is the issue that "SE isn't doing enough to keep all the jobs playable" when according to you, EVERY job is unplayable?

maybe the issue here isn't the jobs man... i mean you are at the very LEAST, blatently misinformed.

corsair: gear issues for rolls? you need literally 6 items to function as a corsair: gun, bullet, trump cards, luzaf ring, relic hat, emp hands. the rest of the slots could be empty and it wouldn't matter so long as you actually played competently. i've beaten delve with that corsair in my pt. i've beaten VD AA with that corsair in my pt. MOST of the players i know HAVE that corsair because it's just THAT easy.

paladin: admittedly aegis and ochain are greatly favored, but to give an example: i have personally tanked VD AAMR without an aegis. right on through cloudsplitter. without dieing. any paladin running an aegis against cloudsplitter must be able to survive rampage without his ochain, because once MR starts cloudsplitter, she doesn't EXCLUSIVELY use cloudsplitter. therefore, you can survive cloudsplitter without aegis, and you can survive rampage without ochain. if you and your party are on their game, it should be completely doable without a relic/emp shield, and that's one of the meanest examples i can think of. (and again, ochain/aegis are not HARD. any idiot can walk into abyssea/dynamis and come out with souls/currency. now whether he's willing to do it a few hundred times is another matter entirely)

beastmaster: prints money for any aware player. farm dynamis, make bank. it is sub-par in a party situation, but it's beastmaster. it's always been the solo job. poor BST, i didn't see any warriors soloing literally everything in abyssea back at the 90 cap?

BLM: magic damage is better than it has ever been. it still has the issues of not benefiting from haste and eventually running out. but to say it's been NERFED lately? that is just factually incorrect.

SMN and PUP: wow, unique jobs require unique gear. also, there's probably about 10-20 SMN mythics in existence, ever. and probably only 1-2 on carbuncle. how did this become your idea of the required standard?

blu: again, magic wasn't nerfed, but magic damage hasn't been blu's focus for a long time now. you bring blu because you need requiescat. the spells are just utility gravy. if you're gearing your blu for all out nuking, you're generally just wrong. and it's been that way since at LEAST abyssea. not at all "so frequent trying to plan out a long term gear set is impossible."

ninja: is situational at best in current endgame, but creative people who actually want to make the job work have found ways to make it work, AAGK for example is very shadow-able. not to mention that it just about runs lower tier content.

RNG: recycle exists, and the best ammos come from plasm anyway. if you don't wanna play ranger then don't play ranger, i don't. but the cost of ammo is a non-factor.

every other melee DPS job: one of them is best now. but a year ago a different one of them was best. and 6 months before that that other one was best. and so on into the entire history of FFXI. i can't wait until DRG is the best DD again, it's been the longest since it's last turn.

white mage: same as cor, fairly easy to gear. nobody resists or evades a cure. emp +2 legs, emp +2 body, skirmish gear and even a ToTM stave to cap cure potency. then start picking up fast cast or cure casting time.

SCH, RDM and GEO: this simply comes off as petty "anyone trying harder than me must be cheating" i've been swapping gear since the dunes, on my playstation 2. other players have been not swapping gear for just as long regardless of what system they're on. if they don't care enough to try, that's their problem. it is true RDM needs a lot of gear, but it comes with the territory. the job that tries to be 3 other jobs needs lots of gear. if you didn't see that coming whose fault is it really?

sorry man, but making such outlandish statements with the expectation of the game being changed to fix what you PERCEIVE to be wrong with it, when your perception is so demonstrably flawed, would be dangerous if nobody spoke up against it. silence could imply consent.

this post got really long and really messy but i hope it helps, i really do. you seem stuck man. like you've given up trying and now you want it to be the games fault. with any luck this will put the games "requirements" in perspective.

to be fair here i understand that most players will attempt to bring the best, but that is hardly their fault when they can get it.

and you can hardly fault SE when the players who cannot get the best, can simply turn down the difficulty of the game.

do some skirmish, do some dynamis, pick up those key emp pieces or sets, get some bayld and some sparks, tag along on some wildskeepers, do some less than VD AAs, sit down one night and write up some macros, then organize them and practice them so you can go through them quickly. none of that stuff is hard, anybody CAN do it, you just have to want to.

and if you really don't want to, what DO you want to do? cuz it sounds like you just wanna leapfrog to the hardest endgame stuff as though you were somehow OWED an invite?

and before you say it, NONE of that was me trolling. don't stick your fingers in your ears and yell troll just because someone disagrees with you. it doesn't make you right, it just makes you alone.

blech... this is a wall of text...
    (1)

Character
    Archenemyx
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Well i think the issue isn't the jobs but the players are unwilling to try newer tactics. If you think about it once all the brd and pld on the server get all the gear from AA and SKCNM then that content will die.
    (1)
    Those are nice some nice powers mind if i barrow them

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3