Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Colorless Souls are camped 24/7 on Shiva by multiple groups. It might not be so bad on lower population servers, or ones with less Japanese players (for nighttime farming), but it's awful here.

The entire VNM system is garbage. It was never a good idea. Not only do you need 75, which is more than the usual 50 for the 2nd Empy upgrade, but the respawn times, methods of popping, and competition are all harsh.
    (13)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    SE is DEFIANTLY not doing enough to make sure all jobs are playable.

Warrior
    Damage does not seem comparable to other DD jobs.

Monk
    Requires special weapons that are impossible to obtain. Oatixur is the easiest but that would require leveling another job to get the KI/Plasm you would need to buy it or a position in a party where it has the possibility of dropping.

White Mage
    Requires lots of hard (and some impossible) to get refresh/healing gear

Black Mage
    Magic damage has been nerfed to the point of uselessness.

Red Mage
    Linkshells require cheating software to change gear and that's assuming you can get enough of it.

Thief
    TH dagger has been ignored since lv75 cap. Only 1 dagger can keep up with current damage standards.

Paladin
    Requires impossible to get shields

Dark Knight
    Very squishy and once again, does not live up to current DD standards

Beastmaster
    Jugs are a money hole and still won't get you party invites.
    Charm is nowhere near effective enough to be useful.

Bard
    Requires impossible to get instruments

Ranger
    Ammo is a money hole and the weapons are difficult to obtain.

Samurai
    Very few GKs can keep up with current DD standards.

Ninja
    Too many abilities take away all shadows and tanking has virtually been eliminated as a mechanic. 0 focus on helping NIN DD.

Dragoon
    Only 1 polearm can keep up with current DD standards.

Summoner
    WAY too much specialized gear required to be useful. Including impossible to get staff from ToAU.

Blue Mage
    Subject to magic nerf and adjustments that are so frequent trying to plan out a long term gear set is impossible.

Corsair
    Same ammo issue as RNG but with added gear problems for rolls.

Puppetmaster
    WAY too much item collection between gear and parts. Can't even use the job until you have a majority.

Dancer
    Only 1 dagger can live up to DD standards and even with current adjustments can't be main or backup healer.

Scholar
    same as RDM

Rune Fencer
    Still not able to DD or tank in a party.

Geomancer
    same as RDM, SCH, and BLM
    (0)
    The Original Blue Mage

Player
    While I agree SE is not doing enough to make all jobs playable, I have some agreements and some very different opinions on some jobs.

Warrior - Damage is fine, isn't used in AA as much as others because it doesn't have Enmity Mitigation or as much HP as Mnk, but it's passable and I see it used often enough.

Monk - Totally fine, use Eminent Bagnaks until you have Skirmish+2, then Get Oats, the gap has been bridged as of this patch.

White Mage - Useful in everything, only problem I see here is a lack of refresh on iLevel gear, so we're idling in old crap.

Black Mage - Great in WKR, okay in Skirmish, marginal Elsewhere, could use something probably.

Red Mage - I have no idea what you're talking about, no matter what 3rd party tools you're using, nobody wants a RDM, they had a BRIEF heyday of one-of as a debuffer in delve, until gear improved and Geos became industry standard so that everyone can debuff, now they're useful for absoloutely nothing.

Thief - TH is all they have, it's a sad state of affairs, I recently said they need something to make them worthwhile other than farming drops solo.

Paladin - Requires impossible to get shields.... I'll agree with you here, I just finished my Ochain, it was brutal, and I'm still gimp because I don't have an Aegis.

Dark Knight - Is alright with an Apoc119, but even then, kinda meh, same issue as War.

Beastmaster - I agree, they shine in 0 content, charm is usless but I like the jug pet paradigm better anyway... too bad they're useless no matter what jug pet they use.

Bard - Doesn't require impossible to get instruments, people will accept a 2-song bard, but it's rough....admittedly, they've said they plan to bridge this gap as well though, we'll see.

Ranger - Ammo is a money hole and the weapons are difficult to obtain, I agree, but right now Rng is pretty popular and good.

Samurai - Sam's DD is fine, they suffer from the same issues War does, no hate control or giant HP pool to put them over the top in the DD department.

Ninja - I recently was in a Very difficult orb fight with a ninja who had -amazing, amazing- gear, was before this patch, he had all 119 AF, swapped it out with boss gear, 119Relic, offhanding Pamun+1... I mean, just amazing gear and properly swapped... and his damage was horribly behind all the very average Monks in the group, that's a travesty.

Dragoon - Ryunohige, Gugnir (as of this patch) or the Delve Polearm are all acceptible for AAs, Drg has a little use in AA fights due to their hate clear and accuracy bonus, and people like having one in delve for Angon, they're actually doing kinda alright, but they do suffer in the DD department (other than Ryunohige owners).

Summoner - While it's true, it's a pain to get their very specialized niche gear tuned, as of the last update... they are actually pretty respectable damage and have pretty decent support with EA and cures.

Blue Mage - Falls behind other DDs, has utility but not enough to make it worthwhile generally, could use a few things to catch up.

Corsair - Not a DD job, but that's fine really, Dia+Light Shot x2 and Rolls make them fine, if you want to add some more DD to them, that would be neat /shrug, but I don't think it's needed, I think Cor is pretty healthy.

Puppetmaster - Labor of love, but pretty darn good when you have it all set up, falls behind monk a small bit on damage and HP but makes up for it with excellent utility of enmity clearing and tons of free healing, problem is public perception.

Dancer - Can't be an anything except a mediocre soloist, even with really good stuff, the patch did help them though, doubt it'll be enough, reallllllly need to lower JA-Auto Attack delay to make them not suck.

Scholar - Stunbot4000, good for Zergs, they're actually pretty good in any alliance content, but people are having trouble finding room for them in 6man content.

Rune Fencer - Still not able to DD or tank in a party. Yep, their only use is being good at soloing old content like WoE and Aby NMs that have annoying debuffs/Magic damage with relative ease and speed, could definitely use more help.

Geomancer - Same problem as Sch, great in an alliance setting where you're fighting stationary NMs, but with the new 6man delve, and in skirmish, hard to find room for them.

The current popular jobs are: Whm, Pld, Mnk, Rng, Cor, Brd, anyone else could probably use some help.
    (1)

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    While I agree SE is not doing enough to make all jobs playable, I have some agreements and some very different opinions on some jobs.
    What I have to say is not opinion. It's fact based on having all jobs 99. Lots of people forget what it takes to get their jobs in shape. But as a person who has been without consistent help from a linkshell in over 4 years and for the majority of his 9 years in the game, I can tell you for sure people quit because only the cool kids get invites and it's tough to become one of the cool kids.
    (2)
    The Original Blue Mage

Player
    Well I have all jobs 99 as well (who doesn't, these days) and do all current endgame content, frequently, with both friends and random shouts, and yet, what I offer is as much an opinion as yours, though I would argue a more informed one.
    (6)

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    Well I have all jobs 99 as well (who doesn't, these days) and do all current endgame content, frequently, with both friends and random shouts, and yet, what I offer is as much an opinion as yours, though I would argue a more informed one.
    Most people don't have all of that. Saying that proves you live in a bubble unqualified to speak to what it takes to get going.
    (2)
    The Original Blue Mage

Player
    Not really, I shout and join shouts on a daily basis with people I don't know, as well as am a frequenter of FFXIAH forums and these official forums as well as helping many friends get through the process of getting started --> getting in to endgame FFXI, I hardly live in any bubble.
    (6)
    Last edited by Selindrile; 02-18-2014 at 11:34 PM.

Character
    Archenemyx
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    lmfao I spent 9 hours last night farming colorless souls i got 3 my tier 2 refused to change after the 2nd hour. Now I would hire people for there tier 3 pops but demand has gone up and instead of buying the pop they wanna charge you for the souls it self. Even if they have nothing to contribute. I swear I need to level another mule that is just a thief but I prefer not to Tri box
    (1)
    Those are nice some nice powers mind if i barrow them

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...xt-Tier-Please!

Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    We understand that the system is difficult but the rewards such as Ochain and Daurdabla are on an equal level. In a previous version update, we did increase the rate at which Abyssite upgrades and there are no further plans to adjust this system.
    (0)

Character
    Aoikaminari
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    I agree that a huge chunk of this issue is still mostly public perception. For example, Rune Fencer just got a ton of really useful updates. People want the best for their group or nothing at all. They want a tank so it HAS to be an Ochain Paladin instead of the available Rune Fencer with ilvl 119 gear. They want a DD so it HAS to be a ranger, or monk even though there are plenty of other DDs looking for groups like the Puppetmaster or Beastmaster.

Sure the jobs aren't 100% balanced but they'll never be. Some jobs aren't nearly as bad as people perceive them to be. There aren't only 5 jobs in the game, but a lot of players sure do act that way.

My mains are Rune Fencer and Puppetmaster if you haven't guessed.. *wimper*
    (2)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast