Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Archenemyx
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Unrealistic Standards

I feel like i have to say this now because no one else will. Most player the have aegis&ocain and bards that have a Daurdabla have quit or gotten the gear they want and don't wanna play those jobs anymore. Even though we have more powerful weapons then before with empy WS. The problem is the time it take someone to get an Ocain & Daurdabla is crazy. I know people have been crying about colorless souls since it first came out. I think it would be better if you Tier 3 pop had a 75% chance of breaking then 100% or could be bought after defeating the tier 3. Then this would cause a problem over camping and selling of colorless souls. so lowering the pop time for tier 3 and 2 and adding another tier 2 & 3 on the map would be cool. We need more 3 song bard and Ocain paladin because no body wants a 2 song bard or a ocain less paladin
    (9)
    Those are nice some nice powers mind if i barrow them

Character
    Vasche
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I believe they said in a dev post a while back that they were looking into adding a new 3-song instrument as well as some more powerful shields.
    (1)

Character
    Rainehx
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Frankly its easier than ever before with such lower playercounts... so why change it?

Soloed my shield in 2 weeks recently and while by today's standard of obtaining items that maybe a long time in reality its not for an item
    that will last a long long time, SE said they will add items almost comparable but not better as these weapons are powerful enough.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Rainehx View Post
    Frankly its easier than ever before with such lower playercounts... so why change it?
    Because some steps still requires a sizable amount of people (for help if anything) or a sizable amount of currency/item that is in shorter supply and much more expensive because no one is doing the content.

With a tiny playerbase now, things need to change in general, especially in terms of Mythic/Empyrean lines. Relics aren't too bad, it's just a long long grind, but some stuff is still designed with large groups in mind.
    (6)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Also, content that requires these items is usually reserved for the harder end-game events. I've never seen a shout for an aegis/ochain pld or 3-4 song bard for skirmish, mission content or normal difficulty AA fights.
    (1)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    But also no other job than PLD and BRD has a requirement to own these to be competitive in difficult content. Other jobs have the option of having a R/M/E or other 119 related weapons. Regardless of them being easier to make then they were before, I agree that it should have never been a requirement to accomplish anything. R/M/E's from their inception was about being paramount to the dedication of the class and having that extra edge over non-users. I don't see the harm in having options for shields and instruments that come closer to Relic and Empyrean. If it was fine for all other jobs, I don't see why it has to be any different for Paladin and Bard.

I know they've classified Ochain as technically an item level 150 item but that's their own fault to re-balance. It shouldn't fall to a player to be expected to have such an item to participate in difficult content when most of the jobs aren't expected to own similar items.
    (1)

i also soloed my ochain, so i don't see what step requires a sizable amount of people.
    (1)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasch View Post
    I believe they said in a dev post a while back that they were looking into adding a new 3-song instrument as well as some more powerful shields.
    I just hope they do so in a timely fashion. No job should be made or broken based on one item that not everyone is supposed to even have. Certainly an Ochain should be an advantage, but not the deciding factor as to whether a person's PLD is usable or not. Sadly that's where we seem to be right now and it's going to take a lot more than a Killedar or beatific+1 to change things.
    (4)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    i also soloed my ochain, so i don't see what step requires a sizable amount of people.
    Sanity.

I duoed mine, we each got one, took a rediculous amount of time, I won't gripe at all if they nerf the requirements somehow, but while they're doing it, nerf the Plates stage of Empy too plz.
    (4)

Character
    Archenemyx
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    before the new brd weapon and shield drop i will have the empy at 90 but I have v smite and oatixars but shout typically need Whm, Pld, Brd. Once people figure out content pld fall off but brd and whm is constant but i prefer brd.
    (0)
    Those are nice some nice powers mind if i barrow them

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast