Character
    Calipso
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Please let Relic WS become unlockable for any weapon!

See title.

Mythic weaponskills are unlockable for any weapon.

Recently, Empyrean weaponskills were made unlockable for any weapon, and I don't think there was any earth-cracking openening stuff happening from the crazy unblancednessed that was implied.

Please consider doing the same for Relics and their respective weaponskills.

(It'd be really cool, and the next time I accidentally /toss my Mandau I won't be as sad about it).
    (7)
    Playing since 2004: ★☆ GreenGrumpyShieldBardClub ☆★ Lv119: Carnwenhan, Yagrush(X2), Vajra, Glanzfaust, Kannagi, Mandau, Spharai, Mjollnir, Yoichi. Lv 99: Gjallarhorn (X2), Daurdabla.

Player
    I agree, it would be nice to see them unlockable.
    (1)

Character
    Demetrius
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I don't get it
    (1)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I would rather see Relic and Empyrean weapons be adjusted so that the newer jobs use them.

Especially cause why bother unlocking them off the weapon.... when only a marginal jobs will be able to use it afterward. (Cause just unlocking Scourge won't give it to your RUN.)
    (2)

Player
    Why not Zoidberg? I mean, both?
    (1)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    I would rather see Relic and Empyrean weapons be adjusted so that the newer jobs use them.

Especially cause why bother unlocking them off the weapon.... when only a marginal jobs will be able to use it afterward. (Cause just unlocking Scourge won't give it to your RUN.)
    I completely agree they need to add the newer jobs to relic and empyrean weapons. They gave this unvalid excuse that they weren't balanced for the newer jobs. If Rune Fencer can equip Tunglmyrkvi (the Great Sword from Ark Angel II) and use Resolution. There is nothing overpowered about 119 Ragnarok and Caladbolg in comparison. Even if Corsair was put on Annihilator, it doesn't usurp Ranger. They don't have near the same ammo choices and damage output as Ranger does.

It would be cool to unlock the WS as well. It's not as if they haven't already in a way with 1/13 relic ws use weapons from Abyssea, which have jobs that can't currently equip the relic.
    (0)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    How would they do it in such a way that doesn't break the relic WS weapons from Abyssea?
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!