Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

character transfer

I know it seems I'm posting a lot but I'm just trying to get the ideas out there while there's time. This one is about letting us players transfer our characters back and forth between accounts. That is from pc to pc, Xbox 360 to Xbox 360, PS2 to PS2, pc to Xbox 360, PS2 to pc and finally PS2 to Xbox 360. If this is already possible in some way let me know but if not please try to provide it and just have it like the world transfer service.
    (0)

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Afaik, they didn't want to due to rmt concerns.
    (0)

Yeah but it should be a non-issue now that most are gone and they aren't even punishing rmts all that severely now. Or it sure doesn't seem like it. Wait that isn't fair to say, truth be told I have only gotten 1 rmt tell in 3 weeks or so, they most obviously moved on so that can't be the reason they'd not do it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Blah; 02-25-2014 at 05:55 PM. Reason: unfair poke

Kick kick kick
    (0)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Bump kick bump.
    (0)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

I don't think simply bumping is really helpful (and I could easily see them considering it to be spam when you're adding nothing else to it).

Posting on the appropriate forums, however, might help (this is for website feedback, after all). ^^;

Anyblue, I will ask this: what is it that you are actually asking for?

I'm not entirely sure if it is to be able to trade/sell characters with other players? That is indeed called RMT in short.

I'm pretty sure that will not happen, and I would personally not support. I would say no even if it was just to be trading between friends for fun; I never was a fan of account trading/sharing in any game such as this.

If, however, you're asking to be able to play your PS2-character on your PC, that is entirely possible, since the accounts are not tied to any one platform.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    I don't think simply bumping is really helpful (and I could easily see them considering it to be spam when you're adding nothing else to it).

Posting on the appropriate forums, however, might help (this is for website feedback, after all). ^^;

Anyblue, I will ask this: what is it that you are actually asking for?

I'm not entirely sure if it is to be able to trade/sell characters with other players? That is indeed called RMT in short.

I'm pretty sure that will not happen, and I would personally not support. I would say no even if it was just to be trading between friends for fun; I never was a fan of account trading/sharing in any game such as this.

If, however, you're asking to be able to play your PS2-character on your PC, that is entirely possible, since the accounts are not tied to any one platform.
    Ah I actually specified that very thing in the 1st post, which is why I haven't added anything to it. But if you insist I kinda thought way back when they made us transfer our accounts that this was (maybe?) what they were gearing up for, a more secure account management system so that a character transfer service can be implemented. And we could pay for then move a character from pc account to PS2 or Xbox and vice versa. But of course (and I'll still never understand what happened) things actually became less secure, to the point they had to keep posting that warning every time we log in. But it's been awhile and like I think I said earlier I haven't been getting hardly any rmt tells so...maybe now?
    (0)

Oh and since most likely it would have to be done on the website, this should be the correct place for this thread?
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Blah View Post
    Ah I actually specified that very thing in the 1st post, which is why I haven't added anything to it. But if you insist I kinda thought way back when they made us transfer our accounts that this was (maybe?) what they were gearing up for, a more secure account management system so that a character transfer service can be implemented.
    The transfer to SQURE ENIX account was probably mainly to cut costs, and to have all their services under one roof, so to speak. There's a lot more than FFXI and FFX|V that make use of it, titles such as the latest incarnation of Thief, for example, which almost requires users to link their Sony Entertainment Network account to a SqEX account (I don't think I would consider that... thing... to belong to that series though, they should have named it something completely unrelated, but I digress).

It was likely easier to manage payment methods as well as they got away from the PlayOnline viewer that way.

Is it more secure? Well, I'm no expert, but extra layers often mean more layers for security-holes to exist. In other words, they can indeed make things less secure.

And we could pay for then move a character from pc account to PS2 or Xbox and vice versa.
    As I mentioned previously, the accounts are not tied to any one platform, meaning that you can play on your account by using a PC, PS2, or an Xbox.

But of course (and I'll still never understand what happened) things actually became less secure, to the point they had to keep posting that warning every time we log in.
    That may or may not be related. I wonder if they'll ever bother removing/changing it. ^^;

But it's been awhile and like I think I said earlier I haven't been getting hardly any rmt tells so...maybe now?
    They still happen, but also possibly very much unrelated as to why it should not be possible to transfer characters between accounts.

Again, just to make sure, is it that you want to transfer a character from a PC account to a PS2 account (as an example)? I don't see a reason for that as they are not platform-specific.

Perhaps the only valid request I could see would be being able to transfer a character from PlayOnline account to another, provided they exist within the same SqEX account (and thus, should only be accessible by one, single user). That would mean that players could keep accessing a character without paying full fees for another service account.

Oh and since most likely it would have to be done on the website, this should be the correct place for this thread?
    While yes, it would probably be something done via a website, it's not a suggestion like, for example, asking for the default colour of this page to be changed. Your suggestion is related to the account management system, I think, and as such, it is not about the website(s), nor in-game content, so the general discussion forum might be the best fit.

Even better might be the feedback form at the Support Centre, or so I first thought. It seems that, while for the EU-site it still exists, I just noticed that the NA-site redirects users to the forums. Funny that.

In any case, it's not that important. The moderators will move topics when/if they feel like it. I'm not trying to make it seem more serious than it should be, even though one can oft observe me pointing it out. ^^

Just my thoughts, as usual.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I know it seems I'm posting a lot but I'm just trying to get the ideas out there while there's time. This one is about letting us players transfer our characters back and forth between accounts. That is from pc to pc, Xbox 360 to Xbox 360, PS2 to PS2, pc to Xbox 360, PS2 to pc and finally PS2 to Xbox 360. If this is already possible in some way let me know but if not please try to provide it and just have it like the world transfer service.
    I just wanted to make sure I understands your question here. Are you trying to play the account/char on separated platform? Say, when you're traveling you want to be able to play on your notebook, when you're home you want to play on your xbox or ps2? Because you can already play your char on every platform as long as you have installation (pc) and/or media (ps2/xbox360).

Or are you truely asking can you transfer a char out of your main acct to say a friend's main acct?
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast