Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Newbie Guide: Printing Money with RoE (Records of Eminence)

Hello everyone. There have been quite a few hot-and-heavy threads lately where plenty of veteran players were willing to bare their unabashed avarice for all to see.

Apparently it’s not enough that many veterans have a 5 to 10 year head start on returning and new players, they’d also like to make sure that you suffer just as much as they did coming up.

That means you are expected to get along just fine selling full stacks of crystals to veteran crafters for a fraction of what they used to go for.

Forget that! Let’s overheat this economy and watch stuff start to blow up.

That’s where you come in!

A few days ago I was having trouble affording 500 gil to warp myself around. Now I literally have millions of gil, and none of it required participating in the economy or relying on curmudgeonly iron-fisted tyrants to buy my measly crystals.

How?

It’s easy. As soon as you find yourself deprived of gil, simply convert some of your excess Sparks of Eminence into plentiful gil.

The Sparks cap at 50,000, and are mind numbingly easy to come by. You will have to spend them on something sooner rather than later, so you might as well line your pockets before these little beauties go to waste.

How does it work?

Sparks trade in at a 1:10 ration of Sparks:Gil.

This means that for every 1,000 Sparks you spend on an item, you can go sell it to an NPC merchant for 10,000 Gil.

High level players can produce Sparks at an extreme rate. But it’s still pretty quick even for a lower level player.

Using the repeating “Kill 200 enemies” and the repeating “Crystal acquisition” along with area specific objectives I find I can get between 5k and 10k sparks in an hour or so.

Just focus on completing Spark Reward dense activities and you will build a stockpile rather quickly.

From there, it’s time to cash in.

Are there any drawbacks?

It could take you longer in the long term to get a few important items you will need, but the difference will be negligible because the sparks are insanely easy to farm once you reach the point it could matter.

Additionally, you really need the gil now, regardless of whether the conversion might set you back a few hours once you reach 99.

It’s a few hours you’ll make up quickly with the time savings you reap by walking around with boatloads of gil.

Gausebit Grass for your chocobo quest, crystals for crafting, all the millioncorn your overstuffed pockets can hold…..the sky’s the limit for what you’ll do with all that gil.

Get started today!
    (6)

Character
    Bukota
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by OKOA View Post

How does it work?

Sparks trade in at a 1:10 ration of Sparks:Gil.

This means that for every 1,000 Sparks you spend on an item, you can go sell it to an NPC merchant for 10,000 Gil.

High level players can produce Sparks at an extreme rate. But it’s still pretty quick even for a lower level player.

Using the repeating “Kill 200 enemies” and the repeating “Crystal acquisition” along with area specific objectives I find I can get between 5k and 10k sparks in an hour or so.

Just focus on completing Spark Reward dense activities and you will build a stockpile rather quickly.

From there, it’s time to cash in.

Cool.

Traded in 50,000 sparks last night and NPC'd 500,000 worth of weapons. Only took about 15 minutes or so of trading.

Thank you for the heads up.
    (1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Well now you've tipped off SE and it'll go the way of cruor-to-gil conversion.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    http://thatsthejoke.net/
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    If they take as long as they took before fixing the cruor thing, we still have about two years of spark-converting before it gets axed.
    (0)

Character
    Bukota
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 95
    Any advice on what the most click-efficient way of converting is?

So far the best I have found is 1,200 Sparks per trade, but I haven't tried any of the Eminent stuff yet.
    (0)

The eminent weapons are extremely unlikely to NPC for 70k gil. Just forget about them right away.
    (0)

Scythe for ~1100 sparks is the best single item I can find.
    (1)

Character
    Bukota
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    Scythe for ~1100 sparks is the best single item I can find.
    Thanks.

I found:

Negoroshiki

1,200 sparks

NPC for 12,000
    (0)

LS members pointed out a better way on our server. Skillup tomes cost 2400 sparks a stack, and AH for at leasy 60k gil. Someone was shouting asking to buy Blue Magic tomes at 120k a stack. That's 25-50 gil per spark, which is much better than NPCing it. That also means they likely won't nerf the current exchange rate.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast