Character
    Ochretis
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

[Suggestion] Transcendent Jobs

Concept: I realize how out of the box and highly unlikely this idea is, but I think it's a cool idea nonetheless. Since everything is about endgame now and the levels of monsters and equipment continues to rise, I thought it'd be a neat idea that endgame players would be able to get the thrill of something that will give them a leg up in the end game but also bring in old experiences of leveling yet again. The idea behind this is that these jobs are combinations of previous jobs, and improved in that the capabilities and growth rate of these jobs exceed those of older ones. Each "Transcendent Job" would require certain jobs level 75 and some even crafts level 60, which would then unlock a quest line at specific areas. These jobs would receive abilities from both older jobs, as well as unique abilities and traits of their own. However none of the new jobs would be able to be support jobs. Since most jobs that would be introduced into the game at this point would just be replicates or combinations of previous jobs anyway, I thought this would be a neat way to do it, as well as maybe try and balance the job system in having fewer endgame jobs like these. These are a couple examples I came up with, though I haven't put time into designing a structure, just a vague concept.

Valkyrie (PLD + DRG 75): A lance user who specializes in heavy armor.
    Morph (BST + BLU 75): Capable of taking of forms of creatures.
    Templar (PLD + RUN 75): Ultimate tank in both defense and magical defense.
    Time Mage (RDM + SCH 75): Use of time to aid allies and hinder enemies.
    Necromancer (SMN + BLM 75 OR SMN + DRK 75): Summons the dead and specializes in dark magic.
    Choco Knight (DRG + BST 75): Using spears and their trusted ally the chocobo.
    Chemist (THF + SCH 75 + Alchemy 60): Use of potions to benefit allies and harm enemies.
    Engineer/Machinist (PUP + COR 75 + Goldsmithing 60): Focus on machines and guns.
    Shinobi (NIN + PUP 75): Ninja that utilizes ninjutsu to make clones that fight alongside them.
    Viking (WAR + SAM 75 or WAR + DRK 75): Strongest type of fighter, able to dual wield great weapons.
    Spirit Archer (RNG + RDM 75): Uses magically imbued arrows to take down their foes.
    Oracle (WHM + GEO 75): A healer that also specializes in unique buffs.
    Performer (BRD + DNC 75): Able to sing and dance boosting the morale of allies.
    Breaker (SAM + RUN 75): Heavy blade user with sword abilities to lower status of enemies.
    Hunter (RNG + BST 75): Ranger that has bonded with a specific pet that aids them.
    Buccaneer (COR + THF 75): A thief that is as good with a dagger as it is a gun.
    Capoeriast (MNK + WAR 75): A martial artist that specializes solely in kicks.
    (5)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    At this point in the game with all this uberness I don't see why we can't just have both main and sub at the same level and being able to equip any of the gear either could. That would lead to some interesting combos lol
    (0)

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Very interesting concept. I kinda like it.

However, I would prefer something along the lines of the original Final Fantasy. Do you recall having to obtain the Rat's Tail from the Castle of Ordeals and deliver it to Bahamut as a sign of your courage? The reward was your being able to transcend your limits and become something much more powerful.

The original Final Fantasy had this as their "transcendent jobs"

Warrior -> Knight
    Monk -> Master
    Thief -> Ninja
    Red Mage -> Red Wizard
    White Mage -> White Wizard
    Black Mage -> Black Wizard

Frankly, I don't see why the FFXI Development Team wouldn't be able to put something similar to this into the game. It keeps with Final Fantasy lore, and IMHO could be a lot of fun.
    (1)
    Last edited by Siviard; 02-14-2014 at 04:52 AM.

Character
    Jinzha
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    At this point in the game with all this uberness I don't see why we can't just have both main and sub at the same level and being able to equip any of the gear either could. That would lead to some interesting combos lol
    I agree. I have wanted to see main99/sub99 jobs since WoTG was introduced in 2007 (well 75/75 at the time). Every time I would see that TaruTaru Black Mage running around with Ifrit (BLM75/SMN75), or the CardianMaster that could cure himself (PUP99/WHM99), I would drool.

I don't think it's too farfetched for Square Enix to raise the support job cap to max level, but I do believe some combinations would be incredibly overpowered... PLD99/MNK99... Anything /PLD99 would be overpowered if you had Aegis/Ochain, but the armor pieces might not necessarily be cohesive with the job class if you're like PLD99/WHM99 that would have access to paper armor and heavy armor.
    (1)

Character
    Ochretis
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Well raising the subjob to 99 or 75 would be pretty ridiculous, imo. The concept here was to add new things as well as combine old, and while making it an overall stronger class it wouldn't be so broken as to allow something like a 99 WHM subjob, which would pretty much make healers useless. Also with the original concept it would be a way to have say 8 transcendent jobs that could be a good balance between each other so even though everyone would most likely be these new jobs endgame, at least it would be easier to balance rather than 22 jobs that seem to have gotten off balance or never balanced to begin with.
    (0)