Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1

So um things on people's minds concerning the update.

So last night while doing some skirmish with my LS they were wondering as I haven't at least seen anything about what happens to the augments of the +2 versions of the relic gear if you go and reforge them. Also now with the skirmish update we will be getting +2 versions of the skirmish weapons I'm wondering if you will be able to use an augmented +1 when upgrading to a +2 or if you will have to reget a base skirmish, get the +1 ki and then upgrade it without augments and then once it is +2 augment it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Lithera; 02-14-2014 at 12:43 AM.

Character
    Vasche
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    After spending over 85m on V. Stones +2 to get DA+1/2, high mab, and other niche stats on all of my skirmish gear, I will straight up quit if that gets taken away with the next upgrade.

EDIT: Okay I won't quit but i'll be really really sad :<
    (6)
    Last edited by Vasch; 02-14-2014 at 01:48 AM.

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Yeah I don't think my LS wants to get trolled again by the rng if we have to get my husband another skirmish sword just so he can get a +2 after getting the augments he wanted on it for his blue. We did it so often that even the one person's mule has the dagger before it dropped. So many people augmented their relic gear so they could put it back on a slip and not take up space. Would be sad if you did all of that work and ended up losing the augment specially when for some gear the augment was the key factor in +2ing the piece in the 1st place.
    (0)

Character
    Arcto
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasch View Post
    After spending over 85m on V. Stones +2 to get DA+1/2, high mab, and other niche stats on all of my skirmish gear, I will straight up quit if that gets taken away with the next upgrade.

Guess you might as well ub-sub now. Augments are wiped with the upgrade as per dev post today.

I am in the same boat. 2% DA on full Otronif/-4% Song casting time (I doubt i'd upgrade those anyways since it's just precast) for Gende/Hagondes Hat/Legs only thing I really dumped stones onto for MAB.

I think at this point i'd just work piece by piece doing only Otronif legs/hands/feet and Hagondes head/legs ONLY if the difference in updated gear is more than just extra stat vomit or MEva.
    (0)

Character
    Vasche
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I think most of the problem with the last skirmish was that the NQ and +1 stones were virtually useless. I can't count the number of PDT only augments or augments that were just plain terrible.

Also, I didn't actually see anything in the dev post about old augments, unless the NA one is different from what was posted on the JP one.
    (1)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I think most of the problem with the last skirmish was that the NQ and +1 stones were virtually useless. I can't count the number of PDT only augments or augments that were just plain terrible.

Also, I didn't actually see anything in the dev post about old augments, unless the NA one is different from what was posted on the JP one.
    They weren't useless, they were great for Hagondes. Great is the wrong word though, less bad is probably more apt. What's the deal with 10 different possible augments for Hagondes? It made it far, far too difficult to get the augment you wanted.
    (0)

Greetings,

There was indeed an error with the English text and it has just been corrected.

As stated above, the augments will not carry over after enhancing equipment.
    (6)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    You must know Camate that there is a large majority of people who will be very angry about that. Will you be changing the manner in which we augment them at all? Will the augments be just as random as the previous set? If so, to be quite honest, I doubt I will bother with much of this gear, no matter how good it is the previous system was a complete pain that did nothing but anger people, by resetting the augments and making us do the same thing again you would be asking for nothing but trouble, so I really do hope you make the augments more similar to Delve or something such as that, as well as increase the Fragment obtainment rate.
    (11)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Delve had a great system for upgrading with mezzotinting, I was genuinely excited because I thought between that and static augments we were finally getting away from random augment systems. Can you relay to the team that there is a lot more people who dislike random augmentation than like it. This is exactly why previous systems like Synergy item etching (Ebon/Furia/etc) never took off. It doesn't prolong content by randomizing. Players who have the gil will spam to get the highest augments, most will settle with halfway decent augments and the rest just won't care. It'll die down exactly like Skirmish 2 gear did.

With Delve, the system lasted longer because players were given a static goal. Making the intricate system of different upgrade paths more likely to be used. Now if only max rank gear had a different name, you would have had Trial of the Magians all over again and players would redo for different upgrades to maximize gear.

I know for myself at least, I would spend more time and effort in content (prolonging the life of it) if there is a static way to get a perfect product. I would rather spend more time farming to grind augments than hoping this next stack of stones finally gives me something decent.
    (8)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

There was indeed an error with the English text and it has just been corrected.

As stated above, the augments will not carry over after enhancing equipment.
    This obviously sucks. You should make the augments carry over but increase the ranges on the higher tier gear. That way there's still a force driving the new stone market but people aren't quite so pissed.

Before the obvious "It's unpossible" reply, it's totally possible. It's possible for them to keep changing the range and increasing it up to 513 stat for everything. It's just a matter of doing it, and they should do it in this case.
    (13)

11. 02-14-2014 09:29 AM

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast