To answer the OP......"No"
    (3)

Character
    Ipmann
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    I prefer FFXI as it is now, i had alot of fun back in those times but tanaka's concepts for events were just too encumbering, time vs. reward is a sensitive subject but i prefer it be quicker than slower for most things, maybe beside r/m/e style weapons. As far a FFXIV i got a maxed character from when the retail release launched til patch 1.23 and i miss the patch 1.23 days, liked the battle system very much and enjoyed the game more then despite the fundamental flaws then i ever will with the generic spam-actions battlesystem they have today, only way i'd play FFXIV again is if they made another version with an auto-attack battlesystem similar but much improved from the one FFXI is got right now, maybe like the one they had in FFXIV patch 1.23 but updated.
    (0)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xantavia View Post
    For some reason, I never seemed to suffer the waiting game in Jeuno (started about 6 months before WotG). Sure I didn't get parties everyday, but I found other stuff to do while LFP. I'd set a seacom and go farm somewhere or kill some easy prey for 20-30 xp a kill. And its not like people were waiting for a BLU to come along and complete the group. Even when I took up BST as my second job, I would get invites on occasion. If your only goal at the time was to level and you stood around doing nothing until a tell came along, I guess I can see the frustration. I just made sure there was other stuff I wanted to accomplish so there were multiple activities I could fill an evening with.

Years later, magian weapons were a godsend. With 95% of missions knocked out of the way and collecting most of gear that caught my eye, it opened up a whole slew of stuff to do. Every time I decided to level a new job, I'd grab a trial and go xp in an appropriate zone to upgrade a weapon. Even with sparks gear awaiting me now at 99, I recently decided to make a set of h2h for mnk. I even switched over to merit mode so I wouldn't level too fast to outdate them.
    But that's not how it always was. At one point in time if you weren't a rng, whm, or a tank, and you wanted a party, you ass had better be standing in Jueno with your flag up because there wasn't an option to look for people lfg, you had to search by level and area. So when people say standing around with their flag up in jueno, that's exactly what they meant
    (0)

Character
    Pikachuninetail
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I would. The only problem is that I don't think it would take off at all. Too many of us have been spoiled by abby's easy leveling. to be forced to go back to old fashioned leveling now that we KNOW there's an easy way out there would be like saying"hey kids! there's two version of the cop bahamut battle now! This version lets you kill him in 3 hits solo while the other requires 20 players and a detailed strategy to beat!" Three guesses the and the first two don't count as to which they would choose 99% of the time.

If they had done abby differently, such as restrict level entry to 75, then things would most likely have turned out better.
    (1)

Character
    Mcdavid
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by predatory View Post
    But that's not how it always was. At one point in time if you weren't a rng, whm, or a tank, and you wanted a party, you ass had better be standing in Jueno with your flag up because there wasn't an option to look for people lfg, you had to search by level and area. So when people say standing around with their flag up in jueno, that's exactly what they meant
    That is incorrect. /sea all inv - was in the game from the day I started in January 2004. That would show everyone with their flag up worldwide. You could add level parameters to narrow the search.
    (1)
    Last edited by Rpro; 04-23-2014 at 12:52 PM.

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by predatory View Post
    Sorry but in the whole time I have been playing(since 2004) you have been able to search by level over all areas, who ever had their flag up showed up no matter where they were. All standing in town meant was you where closer to a choco, airship or to shout up a tele.

Again people like Krystal seem to think people would had level all the jobs they have now under the old system. Sadly it's simply not true the only reason people level those jobs was because of the ease of leveling and more then likely wouldn't had taken them past subjob level. I had 3 jobs at 75 before aby and one of those I had almost completely soloed 37 to 75 and I was not going to level another job no matter how much it would help me progress in game.
    (0)

Most of the people that would love to see FFXI return to the party leveling system have long since quit, so asking this here is..kinda silly.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Castanica View Post
    Most of the people that would love to see FFXI return to the party leveling system have long since quit, so asking this here is..kinda silly.
    some still come back, like me tough... (: a revamp of some Kind would be nice but i dont think SE is intrested in it so best u can so is to look for likeminded People and make some Kind of Events out of it!

btw most mmorpgs on the market are crap compared to this one!
    (0)

Character
    Spooky
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Castanica View Post
    I agree with this. Like, as is its too late for XI to go back imo. The funny part is I feel with the changes they are making to XI they are catering to the same people who enjoy XIV, so in the end those of us who liked XI for what it was (even though of course there were things I wanted changed) get nothing in the end. Now it doesn't really matter anymore, but it does make me a bit sad. The positive thing is at least there are other companies that realize people are tired of not having any options on the MMO market so unlike the last ten years we will "soon" be able to play new games that cater somewhat to us but with a new take on it instead of being forced to cling to old games only.

Just to be clear I am not saying they did anything wrong, I am only saying they have done the wrong moves for my taste, that does not mean I think it was the wrong move overall.
    (0)

Character
    Blackgalkanight
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Id Pay Quadruple the price to get on a server of the old game.

ive been soloing my characters 1-99 with help of trust system, feels a bit like it used to but there not much of conversation starters.

abbysea power leveling killed the old ffxi so doubt there will be many hard core players still around.
    someone should just make some hard core linkshells. or one server would be nice so no abby burns.

ha summoner burns were hard core compared to abbysea
    (1)
    Last edited by Nobuo_Uematsu; 04-29-2014 at 10:35 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast