Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Afterglow is an afterthought.

Having obtained relic afterglow, I would like to point out that I sincerely feel that Afterglow is merely an afterthought and should be improved upon. The augments are generic at best and very difficult to quantify.

In the case of Beastmasters, can Guttler Afterglow be improved to include Pets Attack?

In the case of Afterglow in general, the use cases for Relic Accuracy, Empyrean Crit-hit-Rate and Mythic Attack seem to be a very general augment. Can they be adjusted to match the relic weapon aftermath? The white glow of relic is actually difficult to see in most zones and armor sets. Can the character glow effect by increased as well?

Thank you.

Edit: 100% TP Relic WS = Accuracy +15 to party members. Very disappointed.
    (2)
    Last edited by ZoMBie343; 02-23-2014 at 09:04 PM.

Character
    Engelmond
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 17
    I'm fairly certain they never intended for Afterglow to be anything mega-useful. It was just an achievement (A stupidly expensive one, but I guess when you have nothing else to do...there you go).

Congratulations. I love my Guttler and I'll have to do that someday. >.>b
    (5)

Player
    I just wanted to share that Relic Afterglow just gave me party member +15 Acc.

I am disappointed and I really think this should be more significant ...or at least apply to pets!
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardus View Post
    I'm fairly certain they never intended for Afterglow to be anything mega-useful. It was just an achievement (A stupidly expensive one, but I guess when you have nothing else to do...there you go).

Congratulations. I love my Guttler and I'll have to do that someday. >.>b
    Leonardus, thank you for the kind words, but your comment is exactly why I posted here. Afterglow should be useful. Given the amount of time/effort/cost required, it should benefit others more than a single piece of armor (that provides Acc +15). I appreciate your post, but I really believe afterglow should have a more significant effect, even if that is not their original intention.
    (0)

Player
    Afterglow is not something that should be worthwhile. It is a trophy, a status, nothing more. It is something to go after when you have done everything else, not a meaningful goal to pursue in order to make yourself more powerful. You should have known this when you started an Afterglow, or addressed it when you started, not upgraded a weapon to a stage with next to no benefit then complained about how it sucks.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    Afterglow is not something that should be worthwhile. It is a trophy, a status, nothing more. It is something to go after when you have done everything else, not a meaningful goal to pursue in order to make yourself more powerful. You should have known this when you started an Afterglow, or addressed it when you started, not upgraded a weapon to a stage with next to no benefit then complained about how it sucks.
    I generally agree with you but I think the OP's suggestion that guttler's afterglow include the pet is really super fair. Pet jobs too often get shafted - with a major portion of their damage dealing missing out on buffs.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    When it comes to pets, I do agree as well, though it is still somewhat questionable as the Afterglow does not benefit the person using the weapon, and if the pet is under the control of that same person, it is benefiting only players who have an Afterglow for a pet job, while no other job can personally benefit from their own Afterglow.
    (1)

When it comes to pets, I do agree as well, though it is still somewhat questionable as the Afterglow does not benefit the person using the weapon, and if the pet is under the control of that same person, it is benefiting only players who have an Afterglow for a pet job, while no other job can personally benefit from their own Afterglow.
    Oh, I was unaware that afterglow was a sphere effect. In that case, yeah that may be unfair.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Oh, I was unaware that afterglow was a sphere effect. In that case, yeah that may be unfair.
    Yep, they basically are just that. They only give the bonus effects to those around you, not the one who uses the WS, they get Aftermath as normal basically. Afterglow also doesn't apply to party members who already have an Aftermath active, so if someone has a level 119 Mythic and you have a 119 Afterglow Relic, you're not giving them anything unless their Aftermath is down at the time. All in all, Afterglow is very lackluster because of these things, but the fact it works like that is why it becomes somewhat questionable for pet jobs, as it would be a bit unfair for pet jobs to benefit while others can not.
    (1)

Player
    Yep, they basically are just that. They only give the bonus effects to those around you, not the one who uses the WS, they get Aftermath as normal basically. Afterglow also doesn't apply to party members who already have an Aftermath active, so if someone has a level 119 Mythic and you have a 119 Afterglow Relic, you're not giving them anything unless their Aftermath is down at the time. All in all, Afterglow is very lackluster because of these things, but the fact it works like that is why it becomes somewhat questionable for pet jobs, as it would be a bit unfair for pet jobs to benefit while others can not.
    We're talking about an effect that costs 2 BILLION GIL and gives 5 party members Accuracy +15. Afterglow should be turned in a more worthwhile goal.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast