Player

Thank you SE! 10-year Beastmaster Veteran here. 1 request.

I just wanted to thank everyone at SE for the amazing updates that have been coming forth in the past year. They've made the game an incredibly satisfying experience for me personally and I just can't see myself playing any other game. I've been playing FFXI since NA Beta. (See attached screenshot) and I have played Beastmaster for nearly 90% of that time.

Now, on to my reason for posting. I just have one request:

Tell me the level cap of all my jug pets or give me the stats of my pets. For any situation, this will help me make the best jug pet choice possible.

Why? Simple. When Charm was prevalent, I looked for Even Match pets and always knew I was getting the best pet for the amount of time I could utilize it. However, today, I have to rely on random testing from various players to understand what level my jug pet actually is. Unfortunately, that is not very accurate. I think that other pet jobs (SMN/DRG/PUP) have a better understanding of what level their pet is, while Beastmasters have to deal with an ambiguous 'jug pet cap', even with an iLevel weapon equipped.

Can you please clarify this for us? Thank you again for all your hard work!
    (10)

Character
    Darwena
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Bump bump bump
    (0)

If it bleeds, I can kill it.
    If it doesn't bleeds...
    I can probably kill it too.

Character
    Mustybadger
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 30
    /checkparam <t> on your pet will give you ACC/ATT/EVA/DEF stats for your pet.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustybadger View Post
    /checkparam <t> on your pet will give you ACC/ATT/EVA/DEF stats for your pet.
    Thank you Musty. However, my reason for posting is that our pets have always been rated by their levels. (A player + Even Match Charmed Pet almost always beats a Tough mob, for example). Something more concrete, like item-level on a jug pet, would let me know exactly what max-level pet I'm getting before I buy/use it. The /checkparam is a step in the right direction for all jobs. I'd like to see more information added there as well.
    (0)