Character
    Rakshaka
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

[dev1179] Various Restrictions Will Be Eased in the Coming Version Update

As part of this update, please remove the salvage restriction in Zhayolm Remnants that requires you to fully unlock 3 people in order to spawn the 5th floor north frog NM. Salvage was previously modified to be entered by a solo person. It only makes sense that there should no longer be restrictions in salvage that require at least 3 people.
    (2)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Don't forgot to include about the lamp's in Nyzel Isle or some times salvage when a person enters solo and the lamps are requiring more then one person to do them but you entered solo versed for time to complete them solo in there lamps mechanics.
    (2)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 02-11-2014 at 10:18 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Love the idea about the door in Sacrarium - that's been a long time coming, just as it took forever for there to be a Key Item replacement for the Delkfutt Key. I especially like the fact you have to trade both keys. A convenience for those that've cleared CoP, and a task for those who need to. Good job!

Personally, I have mixed feelings about this:
    The amount of fame required to undertake certain quests in the Kingdom of San d'Oria, the Republic of Bastok, the Federation of Windurst, the Grand Duchy of Jeuno, Selbina, Mhaura, the Tenshodo, and other areas that require fame rank will be reduced.
    I'm a big fan of story content and having certain events and quests being tied to your fame in various nations forces the player to experience quests whose stories would be completely missed in most modern players' mad rush to endgame. Some of those drop gear, maps, etc. I'd hate for people to miss out on content that's entertaining, even amusing. Some story content encourages a player to enjoy/endure other aspects of the game, like crafting (Power Bow comes to mind) - one could argue this is as the dev's intended it (originally) and you'd be correct.

On the other hand, I can see where the dev's are whacking FFXI with the easy-mode bat - case in point, RoE skill books. Really? Not being able to participate in endgame due to pathetic skill is the penalty one must pay for taking the fast track for experience, along with any social ramifications that follow. But I digress <sips some tea; calms down>. This will simply make that easier.

I suppose the silver lining will be the real reason they're easing the fame restriction - so it'll be simpler to bust out inventory expansion quests (Safe, Gobbiebag, etc). This'll be a boon for people with mules for gear/crafting/whatever.

TL;DR - I like the idea of expanding my mules' inventory but dislike the fact this'll create even more ignorance of content that's entertaining and encouraging.

We'll see how it pans out once it's implemented. With regard to the crafting angle, on my server I've seen an increase of shouts for lower level crafters - a good indicator that crafting's basically dead unless you're 100+ and making reforge craft items.
    (1)
    Man will occasionally stumble over the Truth, but most times he will pick himself up and carry on... - Winston Churchill

Character
    Seigyoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    In terms of fame it likely is an issue of avoiding have to spam quests as much. Take Norg fame. Sure you can and SHOULD do all the Norg/Tenshodo quests. But to rank up high enough, you're still likely going to be spamming zinc ore and Yagudo necklaces, which is less about lore and story and more about UGH farming unstackable items that have to be turned in a specific number at time.
    (5)
    Don't wish. Don't start.

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    In terms of fame it likely is an issue of avoiding have to spam quests as much. Take Norg fame. Sure you can and SHOULD do all the Norg/Tenshodo quests. But to rank up high enough, you're still likely going to be spamming zinc ore and Yagudo necklaces, which is less about lore and story and more about UGH farming unstackable items that have to be turned in a specific number at a time.
    ^Yeah^ and Just to add to it. You have to waist more time gathering a specifiv number of times as well. Honestly... I just want them to find a way to make all ore's that are like zinc ore's stackable into which by doing it, they would make mining ore's a less of a tedious task and it also would make mining ore's that much more enjoyable and Yes Omg!<-{Oh My Gosh!} fun.
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 02-11-2014 at 10:39 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Jonesy
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

on the subject of "restrictions" how about finally getting rid of the 6 line macro system, the majority of the player base now uses windower with thier scripts and spellcast so this doesnt affect them but for us that play legit the 6 line restriction is way outdated and super restrictive. ahhhh pipe dream....
    (1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesyutd View Post
    on the subject of "restrictions" how about finally getting rid of the 6 line macro system, the majority of the player base now uses windower with thier scripts and spellcast so this doesnt affect them but for us that play legit the 6 line restriction is way outdated and super restrictive. ahhhh pipe dream....
    A "majority of the player base"? Where did you get such information?

The subject of extending the 6 line macro thing was brought up a few years ago, but I think they said that it wouldn't be possible without a pretty major overhaul.
    (0)