Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Can the devs please also reduce the number of voidwatch proc spells for blu now? There is NEVER a second blu in voidwatch now, and even though I fill every slot with procs I can't hit them all. I hate feeling useless/like a failure when a proc is really needed and I can't provide it because it is on a long timer to swap.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Seig
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by evanwimbish View Post
    The 3 new blu magic spells SUCK for the July VU and here is why

One is a 4 hit physical magic most likely for 6 points with dome stupid job trait like clear mind

One is an AOE wind which we have like 3 AOE winds already, I'm already doing 4k Dmg with 3-5 second recast on tempest.... Why not give us Ice AOE, or dark...

And the third version of haste for blu....
    Going to mess up dual weild 3 , unless this spell adds dual weild for 6 points which would also suck and really only help out with animating wail or mortal rays 5 point cost... If it does not add dual weild,and something stupid like "auto refresh" then eeeeewwww

I very much hope the 3 new spells come in with 3 brand new job traits, as well as MORE BLUE SPELL SLOTS... If not then why introduce 3 pointless blue magics and not fix things like "water bomb was broken 2 months ago and now I can't silence tier III eft morimar with it",or ,please eliminate the 1 minute timer Inbetween equipping blue magic because zoning to get my spells on shouldn't be the only other way to do it..
    So I know I am late to this thread. Mainly because I have been playing the game and/or at work. But on a day off, now we have maintenance. Anyway, Reading through a lot of your posts, I really disagree with a lot of what you say. And Your attitude toward a lot of things is really depressing. For instance, in this post, you are already bashing new spells before they are implemented. You asked for more spells, SE gives you the plan of more spells and you bash them literally the day they are announced. Wait until they are put in, then try them out, then give feedback. Stop being so damn negative. And to be clear, they stated that Erratic flutter would increase attack speed. Haste in general increases not just attack speed, but timers as well. Meaning animating wail and Erratic Flutter will probably stack, making it not a third version of haste.

As far as your comparison to rdm goes, by the way I really don't care for how you mention your experience of leveling 2 blus and 2 rdms, because experience does not always make you good. And this is my reasoning for why. You say that rdm has actually got stuff, but please I would love to hear how many event you have been able to attend on rdm. Rdm may have got updates but none of them have put them in the event picture. That is until next update hopefully. Blu on the other hand, I have been to countless events on blu, making myself useful in the new higher tier battle fields, some delve and so on. And all of those events, whether I have been blu, whm, war, or drk, I have never seen a single rdm. The main problem I have with your post, is you make it sound like blu sucks. And it really doesn't suck at all. It may not be the best, but it certainly is not the worst.

I refuse to go further into this mainly because demonjustin already has made those points and I don't want to be redundant. Right now, all I ask from you is to at least give the spells a chance to be implemented before you bash them. And dammit stop being so negative towards blu, because I have done things to make my blu work, and if you try, I am sure you can to.
    (1)
    Last edited by mattkoko; 06-24-2014 at 03:55 AM.

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I hope they fix some of our broken spells this upcoming update. I'm very excited about our new spells though
    (0)

Character
    Encore
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Animating Wail also reads, "Increases Attack Speed". I'm hopeful Erratic Flutter is simply and nothing more than Haste II for BLUs. No comment on Dual Wield trait, but it would be logical for them to add that trait and give it a 6 point set cost. I'm sure my opinion is likely not the most popular but realistically I can't be too off.
    (2)

Ummm the new haste is def not going to stack with the old haste..
    My blue has +300 magic attack bonus... And 3000--6000 cdc....
    My blu/sch does 2100-2700 thunder 1
    I've given blu all my attention and I am amazing at blu.... People ask me how to use blu on my server all the time when they see me in action... I solo outer raka skirmish with my blu for profit.. Mattkoko I think you might want to give blue a try and fully test things before you try to leave a "know it all" statement such as that.

Firstly I highly doubt they will let hastes stack, it would ruin the game mechanics.
    Secondly, this post was made to improve bugs which have been created out of no where,and then never fixed. I am definitely not going to just sit here and pay money to watch something break and then not have a repair man fix it, with little to no explanation. (Such as blue magic spells) and then when they say something like "we want your feedback" DUH Im going to leave Some feedback!

Again the 3 new blue spells are remixes of stuff we currently have better versions of.
    Yeah the idea of new blue magic is drool worthy, but think of the down the road effects.
    As I said my tempest upheval does 6000 damage on certain skirmishes and enemies weak to it, no I don't think a lower or equal version of it is necessary

I can get haste 2 from a redmage

And if I spam 2---3 k /sch nukes as blu then why waste the MP on physical blue magic? Until they give blu physical magic higher attack values like before vs all these super high HP enemies, then what's the point of spamming blue physical magic unless ur enfeebling with delta or barbed or SL....

Wear x2 seekers of adoulin clubs with magic attack + and magic hammer over fills my MP, so I am not turning this into an MP argument however I would still like to see more blue slots, a more diverse elemental blue magic AOE selection , and a spell that actually would deal Dmg with physical blu magic, hits 4 times is going to be like all the others that do it currently.
    (1)

Character
    Kheper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 1
    I liked that they added new spells that grant traits by setting just 1 spell. But, none of those spells or the traits were really worth sacrificing spells from our old sets to get them. :/ Still, just the fact they were willing to go in that direction was a good sign.

I'm really hoping one of our new spells will grant Dual Wield or Double Attack with just 1 spell, thereby freeing up some points and a spell slot. That would be awesome. So the first spell grants the trait, the second enhances it to the next tier (as if you had set 3), and so on, granting TA with just 3 spells and DW III with 5.

Or they could be REALLY generous and give us spells that grant DW III or TA with just one and at a spell cost bargain. That would be really nice of them. They're not gonna do it, though. Cuz, you know, giving BLU easy access to traits without jamming our spell lists with useless crap would destroy the "balance" of the game and suddenly make us ridiculously overpowered, amirite?
    (1)

Character
    Seig
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by evanwimbish View Post
    Ummm the new haste is def not going to stack with the old haste..
    My blue has +300 magic attack bonus... And 3000--6000 cdc....
    My blu/sch does 2100-2700 thunder 1
    I've given blu all my attention and I am amazing at blu.... People ask me how to use blu on my server all the time when they see me in action... I solo outer raka skirmish with my blu for profit.. Mattkoko I think you might want to give blue a try and fully test things before you try to leave a "know it all" statement such as that.

Firstly I highly doubt they will let hastes stack, it would ruin the game mechanics.
    Secondly, this post was made to improve bugs which have been created out of no where,and then never fixed. I am definitely not going to just sit here and pay money to watch something break and then not have a repair man fix it, with little to no explanation. (Such as blue magic spells) and then when they say something like "we want your feedback" DUH Im going to leave Some feedback!

Again the 3 new blue spells are remixes of stuff we currently have better versions of.
    Yeah the idea of new blue magic is drool worthy, but think of the down the road effects.
    As I said my tempest upheval does 6000 damage on certain skirmishes and enemies weak to it, no I don't think a lower or equal version of it is necessary

I can get haste 2 from a redmage

And if I spam 2---3 k /sch nukes as blu then why waste the MP on physical blue magic? Until they give blu physical magic higher attack values like before vs all these super high HP enemies, then what's the point of spamming blue physical magic unless ur enfeebling with delta or barbed or SL....

Wear x2 seekers of adoulin clubs with magic attack + and magic hammer over fills my MP, so I am not turning this into an MP argument however I would still like to see more blue slots, a more diverse elemental blue magic AOE selection , and a spell that actually would deal Dmg with physical blu magic, hits 4 times is going to be like all the others that do it currently.
    My reply was hardly a know it all reply. I am just saying that you bash things before it gets implemented. I never said you were a bad blu. But you are making it sound like a shit job. And I have tried blu thank you very much. I have been playing it for 8 years. It was my second 75 after drk. But You are crazy if you are saying that rem is better off right now, because right now, if a rdm is in any of the big events, all it is is a flat tire. bed can haste, refresh and give acc. rdm can do some of that but not enough to replace a brd. And rem can't heal very well when there best spell is cure IV. Rdm can cast para and slow but most big bosses either resist that, or the whm can take care of that. So yeah, rdm has got stuff, but it is still lacking a lot in endgame no matter how you try to spin it. Blu on the other hand has been able to find places in endgame content. I know I have anyway. I am a great blu too. The fact that you tell me to go test it out insults me. And the fact that you say you can do all of that stuff proves my point that blu is hardly lacking like you claim it is. If you want to see a know it all comment. Look at yours. Because you apparently know that the new blu spells are going to suck before they are implemented. So you saying I sound like a know it all is pretty hypocritical.

Now aside from that, I will give you that the new wind spell may be a little redundant, but you also don't know if they are going to be adding more spells soonish. I highly doubt this is all we are getting. As far as physical spells go, it is kind of hard to not make similar physical spells. I honestly would love it if they made another high dmg single hit physical blu spell soon because blu/thf is still one of my favorites. Anyway, now we get to the one that increases attack speed. Again, you or me do not know how that spells is going to work, so therefore we cannot make a judgement on it.

See my problem with you is that you are leaving all this negative stuff about blu. Poor blu, blu never gets anything. You say you do all of that stuff with blu and that you are an amazing blu and i can only take your word for it. And I have no right to judge one way or another since I don't know you. But how you worded a lot of your posts through out this thread just made you sound like a crybaby that complains about everything before they even try it. Maybe you didn't mean to sound like it, but that's what I took from them.
    (2)

You don't have to take my word for anything. This post was made to correct the current issues with blue mage. Current issue; the new spells being released for blu are subpar in comparison to other enemy weaponskills, remixing stuff we already have access to is not great, we still have time to give them suggestions such as blue magic with regain or absorb TP, or enhancing magic blue spells with longer durations. I never crybaby, I always fully explain where I'm coming from, identify the issue, and then present solutions. All you did was read a preexisting forum and then complain... aside from being an instigator, fully explain why you don't understand someone else's idea instead of into turning it into something completely different. 20+ people agree with my original blue mage post which was "blue mage needs some revamps", and speaking as a veteran blue mage I totally would welcome a more diverse spell selection versus revamping preexisting ideas. Also, the only reason I brought Red Mage up in my earlier posts is because I equally devote my time to both and enjoy playing both jobs, the job Red Mage is very close to the Job Blue mage so it was the easiest comparison I could make versus another job. Any further comments create another thread on why you disagree with player ideas however, keep this post for suggestive blue mage ideas, or your own spin on the version update, but it really does not interest me to bicker with a complete stranger over my ideas, because then that would turn me into a "cry baby" versus sticking to the fact of these new blue magic spells aren't very progressive with the job.
    (1)

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixtythree View Post
    You could always sub /NIN and get Dual Wield 3; save yourself like 15 or so points and a handful of slots. What is it exactly that you get from /DNC or /RDM that a decent healing job in your party can't supply in an organized endgame activity?

I'm genuinely looking forward to Erratic Flutter and the 4-hit spell. Not all spells were created equally, BLU has specific spells that move the job forward and I'm hopeful that 2 out of 3 of these spells will be worth casting.
    Wow you are pretty far out the loop huh. Going nin, dnc, or rdm to any group content is waste of space and nins DW3 doesn't come close to giving up all the goodies /war gives or the magical dmg output of /sch spells. Going /dnc is only good for dyna procing, and using the freed up points and slots for TH. I agree the new spells are vomit worthy and I highly doubt we will get a full version of haste II if Erratic Flutter is indeed supposed to be our version . If by some chance we do get a full on version of haste II then what good would it really do outside of solo. Instead of introducing new spells I would be happier if they fix how our current phy spells worked against high level enemies, increased the duration of our buffs, and fix the spells broken since forever.
    (2)

yeah I am happy we are at least getting (hopefully) haste II

but I really want to see all BLU spells fixed and increased in power so that I can make interesting decisions about what to set. Right now most stuff is just garbage so I'd be dumb to set it ever.
    (2)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast