Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'm not sure how to reply to this. Um...Just reevaluate all our physical spells so that way ya'll can fix our broken spells.
    (1)

Character
    Mystouille
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

I have a couple more things to share regarding blue mage.

The need for accuracy and magic accuracy at the same time[/B]
    We understand that when fighting high level monsters there are quite severe equipment requirements when trying to land the additional effects from physical blue magic spells as you need to have both physical accuracy and magical accuracy. The development team is currently looking into adjustments for this.

However, battle balance-wise these stats are extremely important, so in the event we were to add both of these stats to a few pieces of equipment, it would cause them to become extremely strong which would then in turn reduce your choices for gear selection. Due to this, we’ll be looking into other ways of bolstering magical accuracy for blue mage other than equipment.

You admit that we have to struggle to land our damages and effects... but giving us the right combination is too overpowered ... and drive us to restrict our choices ...i'm sorry to say that but this is what defines the METAGAME , and the problem is that FFXI got one just like every other one MMORPG.
    If you want to be the best you often have to get the best items in slots (and of course master your job) , being "versatile" / "exotic" / "original" often drives you away from the top even for gifted players .

Other Ways to Bolster Macc for BLU other than stuff let me guess
    -JOB points : want to solve your issues little BLU ? grind more and more and more ..
    -Food : Sacrifice your atk /acc / def bonus for Macc ...
    -Job ability : Everyone else will cry
    - revamp convergence or merits : no way ... too old mechanism...
    - Another spell ? : even more pressure when setting spells .. (remember 20 spells max)
    - other jobs : Ok cool we will become even more dependent (remember camate : "you BLU can be awesome when overbuffed = you need other people to get stronger)

To be honest the only way to bolster our Macc would to to couple it with the "blue physical potency" merit trait but it would "reduce our choice for merit selection"
    the dev team will never accept that , won't they ?

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    • Newer spells and Burst Affinity
      We’ve been seeing requests to make it so the magic-based blue magic spells introduced post-Adoulin can be used with Burst Affinity. The spells added after Adoulin have a lot of power on their own, and in exchange for setting their base power very high, we’ve made it so status modifiers cannot be applied. Due to this, when using these spells with Burst Affinity their power does not increase.

However, due to the overall adjustments made to weapon skills in the June version update, we expect there to be more opportunities for skill chains, so we would like to look into revamping the status modifiers.
    Mmm the dev team set their base power so high that a blm can outdamage those spell with a single Tier II spell ... (note i'm glad we can equip the hagondes gear ... at last we can rival with their Stone I)

Moreover one of the updates totally broke our added effect on older spells

To resume we have new "nerfed" spells with nifty effects !... which don't power-up with BA
    and old spells with broken added effects ... which works with BA

You are right ... Due to the june version update , there will be more opportunities for skillchains ... but you know what we will probably be a part of them because : TADA magical based weaponskill HURTS HARDER than our spells !!!! and icing on the cake it's way more MP efficient ; faster to cast (and charge since TP generation is rather quick now) , and easier to land ! (oh and no need to be a BLU to use them)

I wish good luck to the dev team to make our Blu magic² spells sexier than they currently are . and i just want to remind that we don't ask to pwn everyone , we just ask to have a chance against other "standard picks"
    (4)
    Last edited by Mystouille; 07-11-2014 at 05:52 PM.

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I guess I must be ignorant to how BLU spells work. I thought the accuracy and potency of your physical spells were determined by the same stats that determined your melee accuracy and potency. This is why physical blu spells suck when I am mainhanding a club, rather than a sword. So any time I have eaten sushi, it has had no impact at all on my spells? WHY? That's just dumb, and it would definitely not make BLU overpowered to change this. We would still be one of the weakest DD.
    (1)

Character
    Larrymc
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramzi View Post
    I guess I must be ignorant to how BLU spells work. I thought the accuracy and potency of your physical spells were determined by the same stats that determined your melee accuracy and potency. This is why physical blu spells suck when I am mainhanding a club, rather than a sword. So any time I have eaten sushi, it has had no impact at all on my spells? WHY? That's just dumb, and it would definitely not make BLU overpowered to change this. We would still be one of the weakest DD.
    There are two parts to physical blue spells with an added effect, like sudden lunge for example which has a stun effect.
    You are correct that the accuracy of the blue spell, whether it will even land at all or not (or all hits of it if it is multi-hit), is determined by the accuracy of your main weapon and stats.
    However, the added effect, which is magical, is determined by magic accuracy, not physical accuracy. So blue need high magic accuracy and high physical accuracy simultaneously to land the physical damage and also get the added effect.
    (2)
    Last edited by larrymc; 07-15-2014 at 01:21 AM.

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

jUST A Cool thought on info posted on another blue mage thread about blu magic stats!

So I found mavericks postings on the blue magic description for two particular job traits and maybe a few others to be pretty cool and too interesting not to post here for your insights on it here as well. Here is the link and tell me what you think about it under this thread after reading through it as well.

{click on the word link to get there if you didn't know, just in case!}

So I'm taking this script of a paragraph from my monstrosity post simply because I wanted to bring all those who play blues attention to how I view blue and bring into focus slightly with this post:

Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle under Monstrosity Feedback Thread View Post
    Simply put its it's viewed by the dev team as another type of ballista/brenner system instead its potential to be another jobs added player based system which is why I bet there is no party based system included into monstrosity as of yet in a weird way. The idea back when they had added newer jobs through expansion packs and added on scenario add-on packs was that these jobs were going to be called advanced jobs to the jobs all ready into the game but I found this not be so true with the exception of blue mage's versatility to incorporate all types of jobs in the game into its job system in various ways taken away from each job. now blu in my opinion was the only true advanced jobs they came out with playing.
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 07-16-2014 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Doubled up on words of the same type!
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

My wonder if this the teams plans to fix some of the older spells problems!?

Originally thought of posting this under the logical thread name of Broken/Useless BLU magic but I decided on that It could still fit best here and so it is: I wonder to fix the older spells if there plans are to add new permanent job point/merit job ability traits to fix the issue of the older spells before Adoulins expansion pact exited or not? What do you guys think of this or do you guys feel this be a route the team would take to boost older spells and event as a fix for some of the older blue mage spells we have in our use but may not using because of there less effectiveness except maybe in some cases to set job abilities??

Love to hear back and i'll be waiting to see some of your replies just as much!!
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    They've already replied back concerning old spells. There will be no fixes, they'll simply be adding new spells that are designed to replace old spells. Not that this will cover the whole ecosystem in a timely manner, or allow you to have access to quite the breadth of useful spells that you could have, but it is what it is.
    (0)
    7/10/14

Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Just a reply to Malither's knock down on my post, or K.O. on my post. ;-) LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    They've already replied back concerning old spells. There will be no fixes, they'll simply be adding new spells that are designed to replace old spells. Not that this will cover the whole ecosystem in a timely manner, or allow you to have access to quite the breadth of useful spells that you could have, but it is what it is.
    Yes, I saw this in another blue-mage thread somewhere but it wasn't posted by Calmate this time with the announcement after writing about it in my post. Mainly now all they need to add to make newer spells even more awesome is a feature called unlearn older spell or at least give us blues delete old spell feature simply because there replacing them with newer spells and folks now taking up blue will have to and should avoid learning the older spell's simply because newer spell's will be better then the older spells to have them all replaced over time with job traits included to each spell alone. ;-)

Just as the dev team see's it as without no compensation for those of us who took the time so long ago to learn the becoming worthless older spell's. Now all a blue needs to do is bam there blue to 99 and only then they should be learning just the newer replaced spell's. just how I see they are basically laughing at us older blues from a far into those who did learn those now stupid old spell's before Adoulin's added on expansion. Please at least give us a spell removal feature for your added new spell's coming in feature, Thanks dev. team.

Edit: Look for reason of my edit section for the notes!!
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 07-28-2014 at 12:06 PM. Reason: I've now included the simplest easiest jump link route to the other thread I mentioned in my Post!!

Dude, you just love to see your own typing, don't you? And then to plug your own threads wherever possible...
    (5)

Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Dude, you just love to see your own typing, don't you? And then to plug your own threads wherever possible...
    ??O.o....So Are you asking me to please leave the FFXI forums Then??
    (0)

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast