Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Agree with the basic premise. Either lower the requirements, or add some sort of minimum guaranteed drop rate. When you go to Salvage, you know you'll get at least 1 Alexandrite per Archaic Gears mob, and at least 50 more for the HQ boss.

I'd be fine with 1500 if it meant:
    Fighting Morta/Uptala/Qilin/Aelo/Bismark/Ig-Alima/Rex guaranteed at least 1 plate per pop with capped red, with the chance to get a pouch.
    And if Provinence watcher also guaranteed a pouch direct drop, and chance for 2 more in treasure pool.
    (3)

Character
    Seigyoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Not to mention, why were HMPs not included in the drop pool for Jeuno T4-6...

They've made great efforts to make it so you can do VW w/o 18 people, but haven't remotely changed the drop rates that were somewhat erroneously based on the assumption of 18 treasure pools. This makes for a supply disaster even if you are swimming in gil. ;_;
    (2)
    Don't wish. Don't start.

Character
    Tumz
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Alex is 30k HMP is 1500... both are ridiculous numbers with under 1% of the population actually achieving this. It stupid, and everyone in this industry points and laughs when they hear how dumb it is to accumulate this much. I'd say reduce it, but they've heard that for years with no signs of doing it. Just shave a 0 off the number 3000 Alexandrites, and 150 HMPs... Its still a crap ton and it will take you a good month to achieve that many. 1 month of work for 1 weapon seems fair. Lol, but SE really doesn't have any common sense. I mean they outdated R/M/E at Adoulin expansion launch to something that takes a couple days to get, and then after losing more than half their player base they implemented the R/M/E patch. Due to this fact alone, I don't anyone that makes decisions at SE HQ actually plays this game... lol!
    (1)

Character
    Aarahs
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    No one is forcing you to make an empy or mythic 119. For those of you that wish to, what's stopping you from teaming up with others on your servers and killing Qilin? People are completing those weapons nowadays, so don't say it can't be done.
    (3)
    Salaheem's Sentinels routinely monitors the content of messages sent and received via its linkshell for the purposes of ensuring compliance with its policies and procedures. Employees must never send or store messages or attachments that acknowledge the return of the Black Coffin, or defame the name of Naja Salaheem or the Empress. Messages of this nature sent in or out of the Aht Urhgan linkshell may be intercepted and stopped by highly trained Immortals. If you have received this message by mistake, please advise the sender immediately and destroy this message.

Quote Originally Posted by Aarahs View Post
    No one is forcing you to make an empy or mythic 119. For those of you that wish to, what's stopping you from teaming up with others on your servers and killing Qilin? People are completing those weapons nowadays, so don't say it can't be done.
    I will not say its impossible, but its silly to downright stupid to actually believe 1500 is a reasonable number for HMP In todays age where Voidwatch is well, dead. The number was clearly designed with the event being popular, and with that no longer being the case, it should be reevaluated.

As far as finding people to repeatedly do Qilin or something, It won't be impossible, but it will be incredibly difficult to get a schedule that works for all of those people, cover as many procs as possible, or so forth... and while not,a gain, impossible, its far from what was likely intended when they both introduced HMP and, for the first time in Empyrean weapons progress, made them purchasable through bazaars, clearly meaning they were meant to be sold/bought to supplement acquisition, similar to Relic currency and Alexandrite.

Reasonable enough when everyone was doing voidwatch and HMP were abundant, but now on Asura, theres less than about 500 Heavy Metal Plates in peoples bazaar. You couldn't even finish 1/3rd of a Lv.95 Empyrean with the entire supply of on-sale HMP on Asura right now. It time to realize that 1,500 needs to be reevaluated to coincide with the death of Voidwatch as an event. Theres a fine line between making things easier to pander to the lazy, and reasonably adjusting something that is clearly far to difficult than it was originally intended.

Now, this doesn't have to mean reducing the required HMP, the idea that at least 1 HMP was guaranteed per High-tier VW battle, and a large chance at pouches for Provenance watcher would make the trial a bit more bareable. But with the current drops rates and state of VW, something needs adjusting.
    (6)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 02-04-2014 at 09:29 AM.

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    I mean yeah so log as the HMP's were a guaranteed drop for AT LEAST 1, with 18 people in 100 runs that's 1800. Imagine how easy that'd be for some people who want to do their empy weapons, as opposed to forking over 100,000-200,000 Gil for every HMP.
    (0)

Character
    Sapphire
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I'd rather see the drop rates increased, and SE increase the ease of capping alignments so more people can do higher tiers easier with very low numbers of people.

SE's traditional plan is to nerf difficulty on things and make them eventually soloable. Historically SE avoids dropping the number of items needed to build base weapons because that can create alot of bad blood with the playerbase who already made their weapons with the old requirements.

I liked their past action of adding new content that added more of a rare material needed (alexandrite) to Neo-Nyzul and Salvage II.
    That is the kind of direction i'd like to see them go to increase the supply of metal/dross/cinder. If that means adding those items to new bcnms, or make a dyna/salvage style event that people can do for empy mats, or even going into older content like WoE and adding them to the chest loot table, that's a much better way of handling the demand.

I would actually like to see the XP reward boosted on Qilin/Uptala/Aello so its the same as Morta at least as a quickfix, it may get some metal out there for people.
    The main reason I think this is needed, is that i've gotten people together for uptala runs before, but the main complaint was that the xp isnt as good as morta (lots of people again are only doing this for merits for AA/DM where they can make better gil)
    (2)

Character
    Tumz
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Totally fine with a drop rate adjustment! leave the 1500 and 30k Alex, but max the events drop more. I like that, Gives me tons of options. More in Supply = lower bazaar price. So if I get tired of VW, I can go farm Dyna, or Salvage, or whatever for gil, and buy what I need. Makes perfect sense!

Btw, I am impressed with the increased frequency of the updates, and have to say it has kept me subscribed. Now if you all could do this small drop rate tweak, your player base will love you!
    (2)

Character
    Presidentobama
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Please don't increase or decrease the HMP rate from VW.

First, you can buy the weakness items for less crour then the HNM itself takes to kill. Second it will crash like plutons, or any delve, or 119 item has. And why should they increase the drop rate on monsters who are so weak now? I mean we walk around with lvl 119 weapons and you want an increase in drops? SE will add these items to a different event, or perhaps have a guarantee drop of some item that lets you pop the same HNM but a much higher level what is garenteed to drop a pouch. That alone would equal out the fact the weakness items are dirt cheap and it would get people interested. They could add new armor and weapons to these high NMS as well while they do it.

At the moment empy and Mythic are pretty much equal to make 99. Please leave it that way. Some of us worked hard for ours. As it is most Empys suck.

I mean I can unlick a WoE weapon and use it with my relic or mythic and it still will do pretty much the same dmg as a 99 - 119 empy. Empys got the shaft so let them be rare. Empys can't use a mythic or relic weapon skill if they take it to 119.
    (0)

Character
    Himingbjorg
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimjongil View Post
    Please don't increase or decrease the HMP rate from VW.

First, you can buy the weakness items for less crour then the HNM itself takes to kill. Second it will crash like plutons, or any delve, or 119 item has. And why should they increase the drop rate on monsters who are so weak now? I mean we walk around with lvl 119 weapons and you want an increase in drops? SE will add these items to a different event, or perhaps have a guarantee drop of some item that lets you pop the same HNM but a much higher level what is garenteed to drop a pouch. That alone would equal out the fact the weakness items are dirt cheap and it would get people interested. They could add new armor and weapons to these high NMS as well while they do it.

At the moment empy and Mythic are pretty much equal to make 99. Please leave it that way. Some of us worked hard for ours. As it is most Empys suck.

I mean I can unlick a WoE weapon and use it with my relic or mythic and it still will do pretty much the same dmg as a 99 - 119 empy. Empys got the shaft so let them be rare. Empys can't use a mythic or relic weapon skill if they take it to 119.
    So to be clear from your comment you would also like to see an increase in HMP availability just not a direct decrease in the required amount?. What I would also like to point out from your comment is that you think empyrean 99 and mythic 99 are equal to make, YET you think "For the most part empyreans suck". Now why would somebody put forth the effort it would take to make an mythic for something that sucks?.

Basically this all comes down to an effort VS reward ratio, at this time that ratio is nowhere near proper.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast