Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post
    Yikes, that's precisely what I hate about WoW clones nowadays.

But on the bright side you'll probably love XIV.
    Do you enjoy the hours of running between the cutscenes? What makes the intermediary part so appealing?

This is an honest question. I do not understand why people will argue that content like that should remain. It's just not fun, and the people that argue it agree that it's not fun, yet for some reason think it should still exist in a game.

No one wants to give me a straight answer; they always dodge and then tell me I'm just whining, or I should just do it, or something else (aka they just troll me).
    (2)
    Last edited by Crevox; 03-04-2014 at 03:37 PM.

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    Do you enjoy the hours of running between the cutscenes? What makes the intermediary part so appealing?

This is an honest question. I do not understand why people will argue that content like that should remain. It's just not fun, and the people that argue it agree that it's not fun, yet for some reason think it should still exist in a game.
    Do you just not conceive of the idea that people have different personalities than you and aren't nearly as wound up about all this? You have been whining about this CONSTANTLY for weeks. You didn't like the game, so you burnt out and quit after 2 months, and it looks like you're on target to spend at least twice that long complaining about it. You go on and on about how the game needs to change to attract new players. It's such an egotistical position. Like new players are some precious commodity that the game needs to survive, and that the developers should bend over backwards to attract and accommodate. For what? So that they can attract more impatient, whiny neurotics like you who burn out and quit after a few months? Sounds like a real money maker.

You can't figure out how to do something. We tell you there's multiple resources out there that tells you exactly what to do, you say "But I don't wanna use that!!".

You say you don't understand what the game jargon means. We tell you that you can ask someone, but you say "I don't wanna do that!".

You say you don't want to do missions as a prerequisite to do certain fights. We tell you that the prerequisites are easy and you can just not do the fights if you don't want to do the prerequisites. You say "I don't wanna do that!"

You want the entire game to bend to your whims because you couldn't accomplish your every goal in 2 months of play. You have no patience, and you're so self absorbed that you think you're some precious commodity the developers should dote over.

SE has already given us so much to attract and retain new players. Incredibly easy XP at all levels. Great gear that you can get with almost no effort via Records of Eminence. Multiple easy revenue streams for earning gil. Reductions in fame requirements for important quests like Gobbiebag. Alternative ways to complete gobbiebag. The list goes on. But no matter how much they give, someone always wants more. And they always think they deserve it because "SE needs to attract new players".

There always have been and always will be players who just don't like this game. SE accepts that this is not for everyone. It's just that certain players can't accept that.
    (9)
    Last edited by Zarchery; 03-04-2014 at 01:34 PM.

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    So let me say something about "new players" versus "old players".

I have played off and on since July 2004. I am by all accounts, an old player. I know the game pretty well and can answer a lot of questions. But I was once a new player too. And I asked questions. And I got answers. But I also TRIED. Back in 2004 when I wanted to get through Bastok missions, I went to Allakazham and read up mission descriptions and what I had to do. I soloed what I could and got help when I needed help to kill something. Some of today's players would just start out at rank 1 and ask "Hey how do I get to rank 10?"

Look, I accept that the game doesn't give you much information in game to figure stuff out. And I think there's room for improvement there. But the resources to find these things out are out there, free of charge.

I'll help if it sounds like someone has put in some effort and got a little lost. But thing is... I did research online to find things out. If you won't, you're insulting me by saying your time is more valuable than mine.

Besides that, there's just the aspect of the VOLUME of help required. I'm in a pretty big linkshell, and several times a day someone comes asking for help. And it's usually not something quick. Usually it's something that's gonna take 30 minutes minimum, sometimes a few hours. But I pay my dues too. I want to play the game to accomplish my goals too. I can't always drop everything to help someone, particularly if that help is something they could do on their own with a little reading and research.

I'm just sick of this "us versus them" mentality that some players have. That veteran players have a duty to drop what they're doing at any time and help someone in need. I once helped a guy do the level 60 limit break quest, which BTW is entirely soloable because there is no combat involved. He wasted a ton of my time because he didn't have the waypoint warps, or any of the recall telepoints, or even a chocobo license. It pissed me off because I felt taken advantage of by a guy who just was not willing to put in any effort.

But here's another point that nobody else has brought up. With the updates coming out every 1 or 2 months, we're all "new players" at some point. A few weeks ago, Outer Ra'kaznar was introduced. Every single player was on equal footing that day. Some pioneers figured out how to get there. I'm not really sure how the first players figure this stuff out. That knowledge was posted on web sites and wikis and passed around. I had to ask people how to get there. I got lost in Ra'Kaznar for a while trying to find the Colonization Reives and had to ask a guy who had got there a day before me how to get to the lower level. He sent me a link to a marked up map on the Internet that someone else had made. I was a new player. We all were. But by God we worked together and figured it out. And we made the knowledge available. What I could have done, if I'd had the piss poor attitude of some new players, is stomp and say "IT'S NOT FAIR!!!! I CAN'T FIND MY WAY AROUND OUTER RAKAZNAR!!! I QUIT!!!"
    (10)

Player
    More assumptions and labeling out of you, as always. It's the same every time you post, Zarchery. You don't read what anyone says and just say whatever you want to say, and believe whatever you want to believe.

You shouldn't be on a forum if you don't want to discuss things and just want to talk talk talk talk talk.

After this being like the tenth time this has happened with you, I'm putting you on ignore now.
    (0)
    Last edited by Crevox; 03-04-2014 at 03:13 PM.

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

No one wants to give me a straight answer; they always dodge and then tell me I'm just whining, or I should just do it, or something else (aka they just troll me).
    What I like is exploring the world. Traveling to the next area and admiring the scenery is a huge draw for me. Finding the stuff that make the zone unique has me stopping and taking screenshots (or going back later in specific gear to take a sweet picture). Before abyssea, there were mobs that just weren't common and may have only existed in 1 or 2 zones. You fight it see what it fights like, see if it drops anything you could use. Before it became a jugmaster, this is how you could find a nice solo area for leveling bst. Tabbing around, I might find a ??? on the ground. If nothing happens, I'll check a wiki to see what it is for. If it happens to be something for a quest I have flagged along the way, I might eat dirt. (Thank you Temple of Ugly, for wiping me and 2 friends thanks to my insatiable curiosity).

I've got a majority of my jobs at 99, but most of those were done solo. Yes, I've done the abyssea (70+ only) parties, I've done a few Crawlers Nest parties, but most of the time it was me and my fellow. If you search a zone on the way to a CS, I'm that one guy hanging out there. Killing pots and diremites in Pso'Xja because I like the architecture of the place. Fighting malboros and hippogryffs in Riverne thanks to the floating rocks in the background. Training mobs in Movapalos because they always manage to see me when I'm in battle with one.

For you the running between cutscenes is a roadblock. For me, it is opening up possibilities of stuff to do in the future.
    (6)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Xantavia View Post
    What I like is exploring the world. Traveling to the next area and admiring the scenery is a huge draw for me. Finding the stuff that make the zone unique has me stopping and taking screenshots (or going back later in specific gear to take a sweet picture). Before abyssea, there were mobs that just weren't common and may have only existed in 1 or 2 zones. You fight it see what it fights like, see if it drops anything you could use. Before it became a jugmaster, this is how you could find a nice solo area for leveling bst. Tabbing around, I might find a ??? on the ground. If nothing happens, I'll check a wiki to see what it is for. If it happens to be something for a quest I have flagged along the way, I might eat dirt. (Thank you Temple of Ugly, for wiping me and 2 friends thanks to my insatiable curiosity).

I've got a majority of my jobs at 99, but most of those were done solo. Yes, I've done the abyssea (70+ only) parties, I've done a few Crawlers Nest parties, but most of the time it was me and my fellow. If you search a zone on the way to a CS, I'm that one guy hanging out there. Killing pots and diremites in Pso'Xja because I like the architecture of the place. Fighting malboros and hippogryffs in Riverne thanks to the floating rocks in the background. Training mobs in Movapalos because they always manage to see me when I'm in battle with one.

For you the running between cutscenes is a roadblock. For me, it is opening up possibilities of stuff to do in the future.
    This is a good, reasonable response, thank you.

The question I have then is... if you enjoy it, and you do this stuff anyways, do you really need a set of missions like CoP to direct you to do it? I suppose for you it's a case of either "I don't mind it because of this" or "I would be doing this anyways, and now I can do both at the same time."

I guess you could say it's also potentially just giving you a sense of direction when performing such tasks?
    (2)
    Last edited by Crevox; 03-04-2014 at 05:08 PM.

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    You could say it is a sense of direction, forcing me to get out of my comfort zones early on. Its a different game now than when I started, but I can see the missions serving the same sort of purpose experience parties used too pre-sync. Being forced to move camp was my introduction to many places on the initial climb to 75. Traveling to the dunes starting at windurst, running as party to qufim island for the first time. I had never actually visited bastok until a party decided to head for korraloka tunnel. I was given directions to Garlaige citadel by a party waiting for me, and my ls pointed me in the direction of getting keys for Kazham parties. Aht Urghan I was a bit more independent, fumbling my way around solo as a 30mnk on my quest to unlock blu, but imp and troll parties helped in getting staging points for AF.

With the leveling nowadays consisting of gusgen mines (maybe) and abyssea leeching, I think it can only benefit players to travel all over the world SE has created. They may just discover there is more to the world than just a handful of endgame areas.
    (3)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    For me, travel is part of the immersion and scale of the world. Being able to teleport anywhere from anywhere like in XIV truly makes the game feel like...a game, a theme park. I kinda like the scale in an RPG. It's part of the reason why I also liked things like flight paths in WoW- just watching your character swoop across areas you've already explored on feet in the air...really cool feeling for me.
    (4)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    After this being like the tenth time this has happened with you, I'm putting you on ignore now.
    I highly doubt you have that kind of restraint. If you did, you wouldn't be complaining so much about a game you're allegedly finished with.

You may not realize this, but you're hardly unique. Malcontents like you have been ragequitting, saying "I'm done with this game", posting endlessly in forums about all the faults with the game and how it needs to adjust to your liking or die, for the past 10 years.
    (4)
    Last edited by Zarchery; 03-04-2014 at 09:30 PM.

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    This game has lots of balance and progression issues, don't let the trolls tell you different. They're probably all one fat jackass in his basement.

(0)
    The Original Blue Mage

Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast