Character
    Calipso
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Removal of 6 person Einherjar requirement.

I know that a few people (including myself) have brought this up before. First off, the 3 person limit was reduced on Salvage and it had a huge impact on the game - at least on Odin, it helped to revitalize the Alexandrite market. At one point late last year people were paying up to 20k each (seriously!), and now they are selling for 9-11k. It's amazing, and has made it so much easier to gather the Alex required, so thanks for that.

Einherjar is an older part of the game, and as such there's barely any interest in it. Most people are bored and done with Odin II. Abjurations are outdated, and there's not really any gil to be made from boxes. Because of this, it can be really difficult to find 6 people to meet the entry/stay requirements. Unfortunately, Einherjar is still a very much required part of the game for anyone who wishes to make a Mythic.

To give a little perspective, if you're starting off at zero Therion Ichor (with the end goal of needing 100 for the eyepatch), you'll need to do 53 T3 Einherjar wings.

Speaking as someone who's completed one mythic and is 5-6 days away from completing a second, Einherjar has been one of the biggest wrench in the gears in the mythic process.

It can be incredibly time consuming and painful to try to find six people to make a group. I've seen groups floundering for people for hours before giving up. Of course, there is the option to enter with less than 6, but with the high risk of not completing the chamber and not getting full points (and even if you do win, you don't get a chest).

So please, please consider lowering the person requirement on Einherjar, if not entirely to at least to 3 people.

Thanks for reading!
    (19)
    Playing since 2004: ★☆ GreenGrumpyShieldBardClub ☆★ Lv119: Carnwenhan, Yagrush(X2), Vajra, Glanzfaust, Kannagi, Mandau, Spharai, Mjollnir, Yoichi. Lv 99: Gjallarhorn (X2), Daurdabla.

Character
    Sapphire
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Have you tried shouting for people?
    We do shouts on our server and get 6-12+ people easily for T2/T3/Odin Pug runs. Its been getting increasingly easy to find people that want to go on a regular basis.
    (0)

Character
    Calipso
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I'm aware how shouts work; thanks. I've also made server posts on forums and have tried to keep in contact with other people making Mythics and sending them /tells before I go. Just because something is a certain way on your server certainly doesn't signify that it's going to be similar on any other server. Just out of curiousity, how many of those people are from actual shouts and not mules/lsmates? How long do you generally spend shouting?

I'm not really posting this for myself, I have one more Ein to do and I'll be done my second mythic and I don't really have interest in doing another. Between myself and my boyfriend, we have 4 characters, and another ls member who needs ichor and usually comes along on a daily basis. Even with 5, it can take 20+ min of shouting to find one more to fill the group, but it's usually not that bad. It's just annoying. The most people I have ever had in a group was 9, and that's including mine and my boyfriends 4 characters. However, there were a few times near the end of my Carnwenhan when I had shouted for 30 minutes or more and not found anyone, so just ended up going in with our 4 characters and doing the best we could.

I'm bringing this up for two main reasons - a) aside from my own personal experiences, there's a few people on Odin I've noticed who are doing Ein for whatever reason, and I guess they don't have mules or much ls support because I've seen them shouting for 1-3+ hours at a time to fill a group. b) I really don't know the logistics with requiring 6 people in the first place for ein, but it's just plain silly that we have to try to get 6 people for 7 year old content that's solo-able or duo-able with the right jobs. I'd also like to point out, again, that this isn't a one time thing. Starting over from zero, it requires 53 T3's to get 100,000 ichor. Fifty-three. Assuming you had done some Odins in the past like most people and were at a moderate 50,000~ ichor, that's still 25+ runs you need to do.

There was never a number requirement for Dynamis, even though the original limit was what.. 64 or 72 people? There was no number requirement for Limbus, no number requirements for bcnms, and the 3 person requirement from Salvage and Assaults has been removed. The natural progression of most mmos is to ease the requirements of older content (or get rid of them entirely) so it's easier for players to catch up and do current/relevant content.
    (2)
    Last edited by Calipso; 02-02-2014 at 11:23 AM.
    Playing since 2004: ★☆ GreenGrumpyShieldBardClub ☆★ Lv119: Carnwenhan, Yagrush(X2), Vajra, Glanzfaust, Kannagi, Mandau, Spharai, Mjollnir, Yoichi. Lv 99: Gjallarhorn (X2), Daurdabla.

If you have BLU or a similar AOE damaging job you can pretty much solo a chamber. I've two boxed a T3 before with BLU pretty easily.
    (1)

Character
    Ramsaybolton
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 49
    I also agree with the OP on this, but I also believe that battles such as Targeting the Captain should have their requirement abolished also. Much of the older content on this game is soloable so why not let up on the constraints.
    (3)

Character
    Jemn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 0
    Hopefully with the Trust system added in, they will branch out from simply having them be used as leveling tools. Another option would be to allow you to summon your Trust NPC's inside more areas. I know they said they are looking into it.
    (0)