Character
    Ninjaii
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Black screen (downloading Data)

When i zone to any areas in audlian and some other places i get the downloading data, then after 2 minutes i get disconnected from game. Last i heard anything about this it was server side when will this isue get fix is anyone else haveing this problam.
    (0)

Character
    Loire
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    have you changed any dat. files, could be a corrupt file causing the problem.
    (0)

Character
    Ninjaii
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    nothigng has changed i even deleted game reinstalled and still doing the same thing
    (0)

Character
    Loire
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    hmm that's odd then, what system do you play on? I found I had more issues on the ps2 with new expansions, also have you checked files on your POL, also could be drivers, had a buddy whose game would do the same thing right after selecting his character and just updated his video card driver and redownloaded DirectX, I'm not an expert on this so I'm just throwing out suggestions
    (0)

Character
    Ninjaii
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    i will try that its weird cause it will do it one day then the next day i will have no probs from it and now its doing it in more zones then last week its so random. i was told its on the server side nothign i can do till they upgrade there servers.
    (0)

Character
    Ninjaii
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    well its happening at this moment trying to do tojil i go in dc we leave dc go back in dc 5 minutes till the game dcs me form game this is getting old
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Teegrins, Ninjaii!

I'm no expert either, but to me, that seems like a connection issue more than anything else. It is not that I can outright rule out driver issues, however, but I would definitely guess a connection issue first, similar to what you seem to have been told.

If it was an issue with the server itself, though, everyone connecting to the particular server should be able to experience the problem. That said, we all connect to the servers via more or less different routes, and similarly, different areas in the game are often (always?) located on a different server machine, hence one can have issues with one area while there is none with another one.

So, some things to try out/check:
    Firewall/malware.
    Check that the ports FFXI uses are not blocked, and try to make sure that there is no malware conducting ill deeds.
    Re-set the modem/router box.
    This may also re-set the IP address of the machine, depending on the set-up. Also contact your Internet Service Provider to inquire if they can see any issues on the way to the server(s).

Since the problem may arise on the way to the server, instead of at the server or at your locale (hardware issues for example), there's little that can be done in such a situation other than contacting the ISP, or perhaps forcing a different route. I do hope it's only a temporary issue that will 'solve itself' soon enough.

See RAIST's and SE_James's posts here for some numbers and more ideas:

Good luck!
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Gameesh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'm glad there's a topic about this on the forums since I was about to go mad. For the past 3 days I have been experiencing slow d/c's during zones when using waypoints, homepoint warps and repatriation from FoV books. Every time it happened I got kicked back to POL, with a message saying 1160: network busy or try again. I was able to log back in on the first two days but now I just can't anymore. Everytime I try, POL gets stuck on the first step after filling in my SE password. I can't even do an information check in POL. I did a file check and everything was fine. There are no corrupted files and I didn't change any internet settings. Everything else besides FF11 works just fine still. I really don't know what's going on or if I should do anything other then wait and hope Square can fix this somehow soon. I'll be watching this topic closely.
    (0)

the "network busy" message is very familiar, yes. It was what I got as well. However, the network was never busy when i stayed out of that particular zone, and no other internet thingies were affected
    (0)