Player

Trust in Beyond Infinity quest (and relic weapon acquisition requirements reduced)

Hells yeah, I'm soooooooo sick of being capped at lvl95 (countless shouts and Ive been asking my LS for help for over a year now, easily 25-30 different times Ive asked for help and the most I got was 1 person saying maybe he can help in a few days, which lead nowhere.) Now with Trusts I can finally do that battle and potentially win.

The 95 cap is the reason I pay the FFXI monthly fee yet I do not play FFXI anymore, I just pay for nothing. Well now it looks like sometime in February I will actually be able to play this game again.

And since I have your attention, I think it's time to cut the crap with relic weapon requirements. The challenge is upgrading the relics, getting a lvl75 weapon shouldn't be anywhere near as pain in the ass as it is. I ask for a 90% reduction in dynamis currency requirements, or at the VERY least it should cost a total of 1 of the high-tier dynamis currency (for example Aegis would cost a 10,000 byne bill piece total and all the dynamis currency cost for all upgrades to obtain the Aegis, except the final one, would be removed.)

Come on SE, make those over a decade old weapons obtainable by the casual players too, FFXIV has made relics easy to get and the world didn't explode, so I think it's safe for FFXI to follow in FFXIV's footsteps. Thanks for reading.
    (1)
    Last edited by Apie; 01-29-2014 at 12:29 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Apie View Post
    I ask for a 90% reduction in dynamis currency requirements
    You're literally talking about taking a Mythic from 18,000 currency to 1,800 currency, you're average Spark geared BST could make a relic in under a week with that reduction, on top of that you are cutting out almost half the cost involved, currency is about 80~120M worth depending on price, marrows are about 35~50M, and Plutons are 45~60M, assuming you pay the highest price for all of them its a total of roughly 210M and you're talking about cutting that down to roughly 122M.

As for the LB, you have been able to solo it for the last few months I think on basically any job/DNC if you simply farm multiple tails and throw them at him every time they wear off, using waltzes to heal yourself as soon as you use it and keeping your HP up easily.
    (0)

Player
    Well a non-casual BST might be about to get one in a week, but that's not everyone. The rest of us shouldnt be denied access to the weapons just because we cant spend all day on the game. FFXI has been all about change this last year or two, it's time to make this drastic change as well. Relics are too old to still be out of reach of everyone, not to mention that some are traditional FF weapons and it seems odd that they still want to keep traditional FF weapons out of the hands of casuals. Remember, just cause the relic weapon will be easier to get, doesn't make the upgrades any easier. There's a big difference between a lvl75 Excalibur and a lvl99 one, those who spend all day on FFXI will still have their bragging rights with their lvl99 versions.
    (1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    What about just going without a Relic weapon? The reason these are harder to get than, say, the things you buy with sparks or on the auction house is because there are supposed to be items that reward the player willing to put in the time.

Relics aren't out of reach to everyone by a long shot. I solo farmed all the currency over the course of about 5 months, as a BST, using only moderately good level 99 gear (no item levels). Anybody can do the same. To say "Well I don't have enough time" is not a valid excuse. It takes all of 2 hours a day. If you really don't have that time, use a non-relic weapon.

Your post is utterly nonsensical. It seems predicated on the idea that a relic weapon is something you must have and that is your intrinsic right.
    (5)

Player
    Let me see if I understand you, making a 10 year old weapon easy to get is nonsensical. RIGHT!!!!!! 5 months of farming for a lvl75 weapon and you call me nonsensical. lol Sounds to me like you're stuck in te past. Bet if it was up to you the level cap would have stayed at lvl75. Hahaha

In today's world, such ridiculous requirements in any game, offline or online, for something that isnt even that great when compared to new, extremely easy to get, weapons, is not a smart choice. You want to waste 5 months farming for a lvl75 weapon, go right ahead, but for the rest of us we should have to go through such nonsense just cause some people, like you, love abusive systems that were only made so ridiculously time consuming just to keep people playing. It's time to put that b.s. behind us and make FFXI an even better game.

As for not getting a relic, like I said in my other post, some are TRADITIONAL FF WEAPONS, there is no reason a tradition FF weapon should be out of reach of anyone (yes farming 5 months is out of reach, like it or not, it's a LVL75 weapon after all.) The difficulty should be in upgrading the weapon, not getting the weapon.

Also, not having enough time is a beyond valid reason, remember not all FF fans are super MMO dorks, many have lives, something not everyone seems to be able to grasp. FFXI's staff understands it, which is why everythig is being made easier and soloable (translation: much more fun) and it would be a wasted opportunity for them if they keep the relic weapons mostly inaccesible. FFXI is learning a lot from FFXIV and they are copying so much from it, let's hope they continue down the path towards a FFXI that isn't just for the lifeless.
    (1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Let me see if I understand you, making a 10 year old weapon easy to get is nonsensical. RIGHT!!!!!! 5 months of farming for a lvl75 weapon and you call me nonsensical. lol Sounds to me like you're stuck in the past. Bet if it was up to you the level cap would have stayed at lvl75. Hahaha
    The age is irrelevant. You get the relic weapon because you want it and because with the upgrade path, they become very impressive weapons. Making a weapon that you don't actually need to get, that is easy to get, is nonsensical. You want to fix what isn't broken.

In today's world, such ridiculous requirements in any game, offline or online, for something that isnt even that great when compared to new, extremely easy to get, weapons, is not a smart choice. You want to waste 5 months farming for a lvl75 weapon, go right ahead, but for the rest of us we should have to go through such nonsense just cause some people, like you, love abusive systems that were only made so ridiculously time consuming just to keep people playing. It's time to put that b.s. behind us and make FFXI an even better game.
    There's nothing abusive about it. You spread the time out over a period of months. Slide in 2 hours a day, or every other day, and you can do it casually. There were several days during the building of my Spharai in which I would log on, farm for 2 hours, then log off to spend the rest of the day doing other stuff. You make it out to be this huge thing that only some fanatic with no life and oodles of spare time can do. In fact, it's a very casual thing you can slide in to any lifestyle that has a modicum of free time.

As for not getting a relic, like I said in my other post, some are TRADITIONAL FF WEAPONS, there is no reason a tradition FF weapon should be out of reach of anyone (yes farming 5 months is out of reach, like it or not, it's a LVL75 weapon after all.) The difficulty should be in upgrading the weapon, not getting the weapon.
    First of all, what's this hogwash about them being traditional FF weapons? Relics are some sort of God-given right because of their name? How absurd is that?

Secondly, they are not out of reach of anyone. You talk about my statement of it taking 5 months to get as if we all had terminal diseases and only had 4 months to live. I'm still in my thirties and, given an average lifespan, will probably live for several more decades. In the professional world, large projects can take years and even small projects take months. That doesn't make the projects impossible to complete. It just means they take time. Time which is in abundance for most people.

Also, not having enough time is a beyond valid reason, remember not all FF fans are super MMO dorks, many have lives, something not everyone seems to be able to grasp. FFXI's staff understands it, which is why everythig is being made easier and soloable (translation: much more fun) and it would be a wasted opportunity for them if they keep the relic weapons mostly inaccesible. FFXI is learning a lot from FFXIV and they are copying so much from it, let's hope they continue down the path towards a FFXI that isn't just for the lifeless.
    So because people can't carve out an hour or two every day to get an OPTIONAL piece of equipment, we should make it easier?

There are a few options here:

1) Carve out 2 hours a day over the course of about 150 days. They do not have to be consecutive.
    2) Go without a relic weapon and just use something else. Instead of Spharai, use Eminent Baghnaks which take a few hours to get.

The relic system isn't broken. You are. Because you have it in your mind that a relic is something you must have and the idea of NOT having one is unacceptable to you. I want to hear one good reason why "save time by just not getting a relic weapon" is unacceptable to you. All you've come up with is "it should be easy because it's an old weapon" and "it should be easy because of the weapon's name".
    (8)
    Last edited by Zarchery; 01-29-2014 at 11:22 PM.

@OP

1) About Genkai: I agree, and I've said it myself since it was implemented, that the last Genkai should have been a solo fight of epic proportions rather than the extreme disappointment it was (and still is to this day).

This needs to be changed as soon as possible, because while Maat's fight is famously (and infamously) regarded as a defining moment in everyone's XI career the last genkai was so bad it's at best an annoyance people wanted to forget as soon as they were done with it. So SE, if you are reading, please turn it into a (replayable) solo fight already, there's just no need for that cheap roadblock anymore.

2) About relics: I completely disagree. Once you hit 99 and if you level THF you'll see getting the base lvl 75 relic can take 6 months or much less if you level 99THF and farm smart. And that's with you farming all the currency by yourself with no help and no currency buying.

Also, these weapons are meant to be the ultimate weapons and not for everyone. So if you are unable (or unwilling) to spend 2 hours a day farming currency for months, even after they increased the lvl cap and added weakness targeting bonuses to boost drop rates then these weapons are simply not for you. And besides, if that's the case for all intents and purposes Spark weapons will be way more than enough for you because they are so easy to obtain while being very powerful.
    (3)

It only took me six months to farm my currency for Mandau because I did it like, one every two weeks cause i got bored. You could farm up a relic in under a month if you put any real amount of effort into it.

Anyway... I'm going to be honest here, I think the initial requirements for Relics and Mythics should be lowered a bit, nowhere near 90%, not even in the same zip code, but a bit. The hardest part of a relic comes with the 95>99 Trial, and the 99>119 Trials, the early stages could stand to be loosened up, but not by much. It wouldn't cheapen the idea of a relic since getting a 99 Version, let alone 119 is still a phenomenal undertaking. I mean, I'll flat out say the OP sounds like a 12 year old new age gamer who thinks everything should specifically wipe their ass for them because its too much of a chore to do it themselves, much like many people these days... but I can get behind the idea of initial relic requirements being toned down, since the weapons themselves are now useless unless 119, so the 75 versions should be considered an unfinished product, and adjusted accordingly.

I'm saying like take off a few hundreds from stage 2/3/4, stage 1 is fine), overall maybe a 20% Decrease would be acceptable, nothing more. We won't get it and I agree the system itself is not broken and easily accomplished, but it wouldn't break the world if Relics and Mythics had their aquisition adjusted.

Oh, and the Voidwatch related Empyrean stages need to be significantly nerfed... especially the 1500 Heavy Metal plates stage, I'd say if anything that needs to be cut to about 150 Heavy Metal plates. I know a lot of empyrean owners will rage and flare their loins at the thought of people acquiring an Empyrean with less effort than them, but lets be completely serious, the 1,500 Metal plates were designed and implemented with Voidwatch being the center of attention, now adays 1,500 Heavy Metal plates is a ridiculously absurd amount considering voidwatch is almost, if not completely dead outside of a few soloers.
    (4)

I'm only fighting Voidwatch (solo) because I'm unlocking Chant du Zorro. Otherwise I wouldn't have even done those basic fights at all. XD
    (1)

Character
    Aezelas
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    [...] and Ive been asking my LS for help for over a year now, easily 25-30 different times Ive asked for help and the most I got was 1 person saying maybe he can help in a few days [...]
    Change LS.
    (3)