Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

About that turtle...

Drop rate on that egg, OMG! I can't believe it's still camped as much as it is, and it's so unfair having to put up with entire linkshells that come out just to overkill it. I wish more people would be helpful and do the KS99

Sometimes having a linkshell is so useless... Diabolos needs a group to band together and spam that KS99!!
    (0)

Requires about 4~6 people to do the actual fight. Two DD for skillchain, one healer, two blms should do the trick at 90. Initiative! Or save up 2m and buy it from the LS that keep killing.
    (0)

They don't want to sell it, since everyone and their mothers are leveling monk just for abyssea they have no qualms with just farming up black belts for everyone, even those that don't even play monk. Diabolos is filled with them, and it's sad. And not having a linkshell that's worth a damn to go and do it is somewhat annoying.
    (0)

That really blows but your only other alternative is to join a linkshell or start shout groups. Do you not have any friends that can help you out? Try to shout then, not hard to do your orb your drop when its only 5 people. Will take maybe 2 hours max to complete.
    (0)

Character
    Kioen
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Back when I did HNM actively still I was starting to get asked, "Hey Kyo, wanna go level MNK? No one wants these BB items."

I'm sure there are Linkshells out there like that. Just have to find them!
    (0)
    KyoNet - FFXI Blog & SE Community Site

It seems as though with the rise in the Monk job, it would be appropriate to present the idea to the development staff in even more ways to acquire the necessary items for the black belt quest.

Perhaps they could take existing Notorious Monsters that aren't camped anymore and add a blackbelt item to their agenda.

For example, Vrtra. No one even thinks about this wyrm anymore, but I bet people would if a Wyrm beard was among the drop pool. =)
    (0)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Usukane View Post
    It seems as though with the rise in the Monk job, it would be appropriate to present the idea to the development staff in even more ways to acquire the necessary items for the black belt quest.

Perhaps they could take existing Notorious Monsters that aren't camped anymore and add a blackbelt item to their agenda.

For example, Vrtra. No one even thinks about this wyrm anymore, but I bet people would if a Wyrm beard was among the drop pool. =)
    That'd be more of a taunt than anything else, lol. Even at today's standards, I don't see the majority of the player base being able to defeat Vrtra.

That being said, I think this is a wonderful idea, as it would provide me many lulz.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Usukane View Post
    I agree with this. Or even, what's the difference between an Adamantoise Egg and a Chukwa's Egg? How is the NPC really supposed to know the difference? :P

There could be a lot of ways to make black belt more accessible to the ever growing monk population, yet still a challenge to obtain. Or at least reduce the timer on these NMs so they are spawning more than once an Earth day.
    (0)

9. 03-09-2011 12:23 AM

the point of bb is not making accessible to every1, if u rly want one u need to camp/shout/beg/save for it.
    (0)

Even the KS99 doesn't like to drop the egg. We need to force it to mate...
    (0)
    And remember kids, being selfish is a virtue.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast