Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Character
    Barber
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Henihhi View Post
    I really don't get all these "hand me free gears please SE" threads. MNKs have been getting black belts for years, it is a reward for putting time and effort into achieving it. Just because a ton of people decided to leech their mnks to 90 in abyssea doesnt mean SE should change what it takes to get a superior piece outside of abyssea.
    The difference is that for 5 years Black Belt items were one of the least wanted items from mobs that everyone did everyday. Lets face it, after 3 or 4 Wyrm Beards a linkshell was generally done with them but continued to camp fan/nid every day for the other gear. This allowed BB items to continue to flow into the system, many times to people who had no intention (at the time) of leveling monk.

Fast forward to a time where that other gear is worthless. Now the ONLY reason to camp them is for the BB items. That means 1) You won't be buying them anymore. Period. 2) Your linkshell won't be camping anymore. Period. In that regard BB items have gotten much more difficult to obtain despite the level cap increase. You can't get one as a 'side benefit' of camping kings because nobody does it.

BB items are in a rather unique position at the moment. It is, no doubt, the most highly desired item from the days of the 75 cap but the events to obtain them hold no rewards for anyone other than monk. Kings don't drop good gear anymore (other than 2 d. rings a year). KS99's use triggers that players don't renew anymore (kindred seals don't drop in abyssea and farming 99 of them would take 10ish hours minimum). It is in that regard very similar to the PUP attachments found in the ashu talif. Sure the event is easier because of the cap, but who (other than the person who needs the bb item/attachment) wants to do it? Nobody. Not when you can make more gil selling razed ruins or minikin. Not when instead of 20 KS fights you could have done 50 Amuns.
    (0)

Character
    Cero
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I solo'd Nidhogg the other day. The mob was up unclaimed when I got there. BB items aren't hard to get.
    (0)

Character
    Henihhi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    I solo'd Nidhogg the other day. The mob was up unclaimed when I got there. BB items aren't hard to get.
    Exactly- people just dont want to camp or compete because SE has been handing out gear like crazy. And it's not like theres even much competition now compared to when it was 75 cap. Yes it is still one the most sought after pre- abyssea pieces. You know what that means? It requires some effort and time to get it. Here's a novel idea, while camping the turtle, farm some seals between windows. Or, if you're really lazy go to abyssea, farm gold chests, make gil and buy it. You dont need an entire ls to camp kings anymore and the lses that still bother to camp them often do sell the bb items, thats why they camp them. If someone chooses to do 50 amuns instead of trying for their BB, they shouldn't be whining they don't have a BB. It's their choice whether to put the effort in or not.
    (0)
    A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts. Here is a game most of you can handle.

http://www.notdoppler.com/superpressspacetowinactionrpg2009.php

Character
    Martinius
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Henihhi View Post
    I really don't get all these "hand me free gears please SE" threads. MNKs have been getting black belts for years, it is a reward for putting time and effort into achieving it. Just because a ton of people decided to leech their mnks to 90 in abyssea doesnt mean SE should change what it takes to get a superior piece outside of abyssea.
    quoted for great truth.
    (0)

Character
    Henihhi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    Lol thank you martinius. This whole "gimme gimme" attitude of ffxi lately has just blown my mind. Wonder how many mnks here dont know how to gear swap etc as has been proposed in general forums? I have seen mnks solo turtle at 75 and if you are crying about it at 90 you are just sad and need to lvl a different job. Every job forum i see is nothing but whining to se to give them more drops or JAs. Get over it learn your job and you wouldn't be whining here for freebies. Black belt is not hard to get, was never hard . quit your whining and do the quest like thousands before you. Or be gimp and use twilight LOL cuz you have brews and apparently thats the only way this "new breed" can kill anything even with atmas
    (0)
    A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts. Here is a game most of you can handle.

http://www.notdoppler.com/superpressspacetowinactionrpg2009.php

Character
    Corwin
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    I went 0/0 to 3/3 within a week of camping Kings. Turtle and Behemoth are a joke to solo. Fafhogg and other HQs you can easily duo/trio with a mediocre group. 75% of the time I was camping without competition.

And I'm under 100 Guard. Crazy that such a terribad MNK is able to get a BB!

And following Cream's advice I went from chump to champ within a few weeks. I've crushed most of Abyssea while afk. I've straight tanked Jormy like a boss. I've tanked Dyna blindfolded. Hell I even climbed Parradamo Tor without breaking a sweat. All this and more can be you today if you heed the wisdom that Cream Soda puts down.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
    I went 0/0 to 3/3 within a week of camping Kings. Turtle and Behemoth are a joke to solo. Fafhogg and other HQs you can easily duo/trio with a mediocre group. 75% of the time I was camping without competition.

And I'm under 100 Guard. Crazy that such a terribad MNK is able to get a BB!

And following Cream's advice I went from chump to champ within a few weeks. I've crushed most of Abyssea while afk. I've straight tanked Jormy like a boss. I've tanked Dyna blindfolded. Hell I even climbed Parradamo Tor without breaking a sweat. All this and more can be you today if you heed the wisdom that Cream Soda puts down.
    ...lol!

What server are you on? I'm gonna come get my black belt.

But guys... It's not beating the NM's/HNM's thats troubling everyone, it's getting the claim, and being awake when the mob pops.

I'm on Lakshmi server, I have my Tongue, but have never been able to claim Fafnir/Nidhogg due to competition from a well known LS on the server that uses a claim bot in order to establish the claim on any NM. (This was proven as one of the LS members actually warped into the Behemoth pop zone and got claim, GM as normal, can never prove anything).

This LS camps Fafnir/Nidhogg everyday, they charge people gil to get a BB item, god knows what they do with the gil.

As for Adamantoise/Aspidochelon, I've been awake around it's pop times about 5 times in the past 3 months, purely due to server maintenence, and then as always, it dips into late PST time-zone, early JP time-zone, hows anyone around the GMT time zone ever meant to get that?

So yeah, i've completely given up trying to compete w/ cheats and people in the wrong timzone, I'm farming KS, and it's taking forever, but at least it's possible.
    (0)
    Guarding 207 - Goldsmithing 30 - Cooking 30 - Smithing 30

Maybe it's time to stop killing mandy's...

Character
    Corwin
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Well, at worst it'd be 3M for a beard. I can make that much in six days of moderate fishing. 2-4 days of selling pop items. Less than a day selling Abyssea gear. Egg is whacking Adamantoise for the off-chance of a drop while waiting for Aspid.

All it takes is a little motivation. Being awake for five pops out of 90 and QQing over some botshell selling drops doesn't show much of it.
    (0)

Character
    Greever
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Musahashi View Post
    ...lol!

What server are you on? I'm gonna come get my black belt.

But guys... It's not beating the NM's/HNM's thats troubling everyone, it's getting the claim, and being awake when the mob pops.

I'm on Lakshmi server, I have my Tongue, but have never been able to claim Fafnir/Nidhogg due to competition from a well known LS on the server that uses a claim bot in order to establish the claim on any NM. (This was proven as one of the LS members actually warped into the Behemoth pop zone and got claim, GM as normal, can never prove anything).

This LS camps Fafnir/Nidhogg everyday, they charge people gil to get a BB item, god knows what they do with the gil.

As for Adamantoise/Aspidochelon, I've been awake around it's pop times about 5 times in the past 3 months, purely due to server maintenence, and then as always, it dips into late PST time-zone, early JP time-zone, hows anyone around the GMT time zone ever meant to get that?
    So yeah, i've completely given up trying to compete w/ cheats and people in the wrong timzone, I'm farming KS, and it's taking forever, but at least it's possible.
    U dont own an alarm clock? lol. Just set the time for about 30 min before window opens, wake up, claim/track ToD when it dies, go back to sleep.

U have to be willing to do w/e it takes to get a BB. Took me about 3 months to get mine. camping nid/faff was out of the question for me. So what did i do? researched the KS99, built a full fire resist set for pld and took some friends to get the beard. Tounge, camped and did the KS99 for. Egg same as tounge.

BB is not for the faint of heart. even back before the level uncap, it took alot of effort to obtain if u werent in an HNM LS. Here's an option for the KS99, offer to pay ppl for their orb. 100k per orb, if egg drops on ur orb 500k. easy, simple. Or if you have ToD hire merc's. 100k if no drop, 500k if it dose.

There are ways around anything. U just have to be willing to do what it takes.
    (0)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7