Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Dinh
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    It is more of a status thing, but if you are a career MNK then it is almost a necessity. Don't confuse this with a casual game, if you do not have the time to figure out a way to get it, then you pretty much aren't.

That being said, has anyone noticed that the Key Item "Monarch Beard" is actually a Wyrm Beard?
    (0)

Character
    Kyte
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I do think they should change the drop rate in the KSNM, though. It should be no worse than 30% (ideally 100%).
    (0)

Character
    Barber
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    The bottom line is it is quite difficult to get the items now for the wrong reasons. The fights are easy. Assembling people (even 3-5) for the fights is not. The reason is that the egg/beard/tongue are the ONLY items worth anything that drop off kings or the KS version of kings. You aren't going to be able to buy them since EVERY camper is there for those items now. There is zero incentive for non monks to help. And with a 15% drop rate if everyone is forced to use their own seals since EVERYONE doing the ks fight will be lotting bb items (because the other items are worthless) you are looking at 2100ish kindred seals to complete a black belt.

The best alternative is just to make a better belt. Haste 10%, Str 7, SB 5, Store TP 5 (or something like that). 12% haste is overkill with the current ideal gear so a 10% haste belt with better peripheral stats would fit the bill. Put it in WOE or somewhere else that is challenging. But be sure you give other jobs incentive to do the BC or it will be difficult for the wrong reasons instead of the right reasons.
    (0)

Turtle is easy and soloable. get a th6 and have him solo it and pray you get drop. LOL i have done it a bunch. If they add another belt like that. An upgrade to BB to a +1 would be a nice addition for those mnks who already have.
    (0)

Character
    Barber
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    From the JP forums, I reckon we will get this at some point today:

Thanks for posting!

Black Belt for the mitigation plan does not get. This is due to release due to the relative level cap, because it is a relief to some extent at present.

It seems that it is considering equipment higher than the black belt, when it appeared, could have some kind of adjustment is made.

Sounds like they are keeping things as is. So I'll be one of those gimps who has Vere and rocks the brown belt. Oh well, its only 1-2% haste depending on other gear. I just not about to camp against 4 other groups to have a 25% chance at claiming then a 10% chance at getting 1/3 of a black belt. That's a 2.5% chance per night of being 1/3rd of the way done. So on average about 100 days of camping to get it done, most of those coming when people are at work or asleep. Not happening. Not when people can do 1-2 more emps in the same amount of time.
    (0)

Character
    Cero
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Asking for the best (non weapon) melee item that exists in the game to be handed out without much effort is a little bit too much. KS99 fights are not difficult by any means. A decent MNK and RDM can handily duo the KS99 Behemoth. The Fafnir one is a bit difficult, perhaps, but I did it with only 6 people at 75 cap so it's really not that bad. The turtle one may require some Black Mage friends, but is otherwise easy as long as you don't screw it up. If so many people are interested in these items then you shouldn't have any problems getting shout groups to go.
    (0)

Character
    Barber
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    Of course they are not difficult. But on average you will spend 2100 Kindred Seals to complete a black belt. With everyone leveling in abyssea now Kindred Seals practically don't exist. Go ahead and farm up 2100 seals and say the path the BB is 'easy'. The only way to do it is to leech off someone else's seals or to camp. And like I said earlier, 100 days of camping (not counting hq claims) just isn't worth it when you can get 1-2 emps during that same span.
    (0)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    You don't even need KS.

/shout for KSNM. invite people who aren't after black belt items.

You don't need your own seals to organize a group.
    (0)

This assuming these random people you shouted for have an interest in doing the same KSNM you wish to do, and have an interest in something other than BB items, which if that's even the case they won't be doing the BB KSNM's anyway since there's not much else value in them.
    (0)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\
    Make a wish, I promise nothing bad will happen.

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Untrue. I see people shouting for wyrm and turtle quite frequently in the past couple of weeks. I went to the turtle and got myself a pair of striders.

And the pt filled up rather quickly as well. The guy shouted for maybe 20 mins?

Before inviting someone just ask whether or not they need BB item. If they do, then get someone else.

Though, you do increase your chances w/ your own seals since you get to do more runs at once, but having your own seals are in no way shape or form required.
    (0)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast