Character
    Larien
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Returnee [Sylph Server]

Decided to come back to FFXI for the first time in roughly 4 years (Last played till Aug 31st 2010, due to money issues) and looking to get some advice on how to get back into the swing of things after being in XIV for a while. I'm currently capped at 80, since the last I played was right before the cap 85 increase.

I figure I should start like so:

1) Refamiliarize self with controls. I'm finding running around (Keep trying to use 14's controls <.<) to be a pain so I feel like a newbie lol.

2) Get cap to 85 unlocked, along with new stuff (Seekers expansion area for jobs...)

3) Find way to make money since all my stuff is so outdated it is pretty much worthless...

4) Lost from there..... XD

-Penello [Fairy] / Larien [Sylph merger] of LostParadise
    (0)

Do 2 of the time limited record of eminence each day and you can exchange the vouchers for Plutons, which on my server sell for about 200k each. XI and XIV's controller layout can be set nearly the same, except there's no Jump. Level cap is easy since it's all crests, seals, and merit points up to 95, then last one is a boss fight you can solo with multiple of the items that stun him.

Most gear you would be wearing now isn't bought, it's rare/ex from Adoulin content, or is purchasable with points from records of eminence. Level 117 gear for every job is nearly free from it.
    (0)

Character
    Larien
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    Do 2 of the time limited record of eminence

Thanks for the info, though I am curious - where do I find the time-limited Records? I've only found the general stuff.
    (0)

They are in Records of Eminence Active Quests. That Challenege Accepted alert that appears above your character like Level Up does indicates you have one active. They are added to the active ones automatically if you are logged in during the 3 specific time periods (2 hours each) during the day. One of the recent dev notes says the schedule. The first time you complete it during the time period (or afterward before a new one starts), results in a Copper AMAN Voucher. Two of those can be exchanged for one Pluton.

http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Records_of_Eminence

Times Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
    5:00 a.m. - 7:00 a.m. (JST)
    8:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. (GMT) Vanquish plantoids Vanquish lizards Vanquish vermin Receive seals Gain experience Vanquish aquans Vanquish beasts
    12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. (JST)
    3:00 a.m. - 5:00 a.m. (GMT) Vanquish vermin Receive seals Gain experience Vanquish aquans Vanquish beasts Vanquish plantoids Vanquish lizards
    8:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. (JST)
    11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. (GMT) Gain experience Vanquish aquans Vanquish beasts Vanquish plantoids Vanquish lizards Vanquish vermin Receive seals
    (0)