Character
    Windwhispering
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Magian Trials Upgrade

<Excuse me> ,

after making it possible for R/E/M holders to upgrade their weapons, i feel like all those hard hours of work for my Magian staves neglected. SO here is my question; Are there any plans on making extra trials to upgrade the staves to 119 as well?

I own all Avatar perp- and almost every Element+6 Affinity staves and you would make every person happy if you could kindly reward us with upgrades as well.

Thanks in advance

a still playing loyal 11 year-long-finalfantasy XI player
    (4)

Player
    You... you want to lose 21 inventory slots? Right now you have an atinian staff, an uffrat +1 and a Balsam staff, and in 3 slots do better than what those 24 other staves gave. Why would you... why would you even ask this?
    (0)

Player
    I would be fine with the Magian Staves being updated, so long as at the same time they make it possible to fuse the ones for each element into a single staff. You have all 8 Magic Damage staves? Well now you have the fusion of them all, 1 spot, Magic Affinity +6 for all elements, and they can even make them the best staves again for all I care with some Magic Damage and some MAB to go along with it, but, in return, give BLM & SCH Mythics Magic Affinity +6~7 as well so they are still on top forever.
    (1)

Character
    Twille
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Magian Trial staves are dead, let them stay that way.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Twille View Post
    Magian Trial staves are dead, let them stay that way.
    Not all of them, not entirely. Recast staves are still needed, particularly the Stun Staff is used heavily still, recast staves in general still have a use overall, nuking staves are still the best for T4~5 nukes in optimum gear, beating out even the Mythic, any SMN without a Nirvana still needs the staves for -perp cost. They aren't quite so dead, they just aren't item leveled, thats all.
    (0)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Think it's actually harder to not cap -prep.
    (0)

Player
    Hard? No, but when the next best you can get is -5 so far as I know and those staves are -8, big difference, especially when you look at the Refresh gear you might potentially be able to get in your set with that extra 3 perp not being needed, which makes you overall more powerful in the end due to not only mitigating your MP cost but recovering MP even. I mean yeah its not much but then you can argue that 2 extra seconds on stun isn't much or that a few extra seconds on Haste hardly matter, that T4~5 Nukes are rarely used anymore so they don't matter, the list goes on. They have a use, they just aren't nearly as important as they once were.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    Not all of them, not entirely. Recast staves are still needed, particularly the Stun Staff is used heavily still, recast staves in general still have a use overall, nuking staves are still the best for T4~5 nukes in optimum gear, beating out even the Mythic, any SMN without a Nirvana still needs the staves for -perp cost. They aren't quite so dead, they just aren't item leveled, thats all.
    All of the magian staves are dead. You cannot land any spells without the item level magic accuracy skill, so even though the magians put out about 20 more damage on Tier V nukes than an atinian, they will be resisted almost every single time. Same thing for the recast staves. Unless you're talking about level 99 content, the magians are dead, and on level 99 content, a melee job will do everything twice as well as any mage. Hell, a mage hitting things with their item level staves will beat the magians.

Not even the avatar staves are useful, since you can easily cap perpetuation in 4 slots on gear they'd be equipping anyway, even without the perp cost-.
    (0)

Player
    Nuking staves are only good for pre-Adoulin, yes, but Recast Staves are still used by SCHs for Stun all over, and the only other reason for them is buffs like Haste, Refresh, or other long recast spells that Magic Accuracy is not all to important for, I mean, I can even see using it for Dispel on Kurma for instance. As for the Perp Cost, you are telling me you can cap Perp Cost reduction with 4 slots and not exclude any potential Refresh gear you could have otherwise used?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    Nuking staves are only good for pre-Adoulin, yes, but Recast Staves are still used by SCHs for Stun all over, and the only other reason for them is buffs like Haste, Refresh, or other long recast spells that Magic Accuracy is not all to important for, I mean, I can even see using it for Dispel on Kurma for instance. As for the Perp Cost, you are telling me you can cap Perp Cost reduction with 4 slots and not exclude any potential Refresh gear you could have otherwise used?
    Stun and dispel are also resisted with the magians. Kurma sometimes resists dispel even WITH the magic accuracy skill+ on item level staves. If your entire argument is using staves for Haste recast- (then you really need a better party because you should never be hasting more than 2 people, but that's neither here, nor there.) then they don't need to be updated to 119, do they?

And yes, Evoker's ring, Convoker's feet, Uffrat+1, Callers+2 or hagondes body. And Who even fucking knows what relic+3, Uffrat +2, or Hagondes +1 will bring.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast