Character
    Rumblepakk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Eminent Pole or Balsam staff?

Balsam = 120 Pet MAB

Eminent = 108 Pet MAB and Latent effect: 114 Pet MAB, so technically when you add your MAB together its 222 Pet MAB.

They say the latent effect is that YOUR TP HAS TO BE UNDER 100%, which means all you have to do is summon and use the BP with the staff equiped. If you happen to be meleeing and got your TP to 100 then just used a WS to get rid of it first.

Did they fix the bug with eminent pole and hagondes gear?

Also, would hagondes feet that comes with +25 pet MAB along with an augment of +23 pet mab, be better than convokers pigaches +1 for Merit BPs?

Which staff would be better now?
    (0)

Character
    Herby
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The Latent effect does not add to the existing MAB on the pole it actually overwrites: meaning as long as you'Re under 100% TP you're getting 114MAB out of it and while over 100% you're getting 108MAB, so balsam will always be better and yeah they fixed the bug with hagondes+eminent. As for your last question: 45 petMAB should be better than 5-6% BP damage for merit pacts.

Hope i could help
    (2)

Character
    Annalise
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Herby is quite correct. Balsam is better but eminent is far cheaper. The hagondes augment you have, for all intents and purposes, will always beat the 119 feet for magical blood pacts.

And if you're ever not sure… Avatars at 99 had 40 MAB innately. This may be higher now with the newer ammo but… I am not entirely sure. I should actually be able to calculate that, so I guess it is something I will have to do… Anyways… If you know how magic damage works (see bgwiki article "calculating magic damage) you can add together all of your Magic attack Bonus. If you're adding more, You can divide your new amount by the old amount to see how much it will increase damage. Let's say with Staff, traits, and other gear you have +200 MAB on your avatar not using Hagondes Feet. Adding in your +48 on the feet will increase damage by 16% compared to what you are already doing (3.48/3.00). That will definitely beat out the new feet for Magical pacts.

An easier way would be to Bloodpact with and without the shoes on rabbits in Ronfaure and see what % the damage increase is. If it's more than 6% then it wins.

Really… you need (x+0.48)/X=1.06 where x is 8… or 800 MAB base MAB for adding in 48 MAB in shoes to equal the 6% increase from feet.
    (0)