Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Figgs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Just a thought from a returning player

I know this has probably been brought up a ton in the past but, seeing as how FFXI is 11 years old and for instance ive had my character since 2004 it would be nice if we could receive in the mail a bottle a fantasia like players in FFXIV have.

It could breathe at least a little breath of fresh air into people whom have grown bored with looking at the same toon all of this years....*mainly when they wish they picked the blonde one* and save for swapping the .dat file.

just a thought while I download the 28,368 update files....
    (5)
    Back home in FFXI where I belong

Character
    Miahla
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Good idea. I just resubbed and am waiting for the update to complete. I would love to re-roll my main character whilst keeping levels etc. or even just change hairstyle.
    (1)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    Just changing the hairstyle would be marvelous, I support this, even if it was a pay to use system
    (3)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Hairstyle changes make sense, you could even have an NPC hairdressing-shop where you go and get it, as a once per character / per year option.

I do not agree with what some people have said over the years about race-change options though. I feel that would harm the RPG integrity of the game, where you are a living person who was born a certain race and goes through life in the normal way after that. But hairstyle changes make sense 100%.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I do not agree with what some people have said over the years about race-change options though. I feel that would harm the RPG integrity of the game, where you are a living person who was born a certain race and goes through life in the normal way after that.
    Well, so far as I understand Monstrosity is basically us removing our souls from our bodies and inhabiting monsters, if that's accurate then a race change option really wouldn't be that outlandish.
    (2)

Character
    Spelljr
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Its kinda weird that a 11 years old game game don't have those basic features yet, no new races as well.
    (0)

7. 01-26-2014 09:56 PM

Character
    Figgs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I would also be fine with just changing my hair as others have suggested.....which is a service in FFXIV.......cant be that hard to place an npc in town that will do this

oh and another idea.....give me a search feature for my inventory ;_;......stop the endless where the heck did I put this searches
    (3)
    Back home in FFXI where I belong

Hairstyles are locked to face in FFXI. You get two colors for each of the 8 faces. They could let you change a face, but as you don't have the variability of facial settings that you do in FFXIV, due to FFXI having to fit in 128 MB of RAM on PS2, and every one of the 16 face/color combinations for each race having a separate DAT file for every piece of head armor, they won't be adding different hairstyles. Having only 16 choices for face for each race and gender means they don't expcet people to change their mind often. I suppose they could do it, but new hairstyles aren't going to happen because of the limitations of the engine.

FFXIV puts gear over your character model, it doesn't replace body components, so facial details don't require thousands of DATs per armor piece because of the various face combinations. FFXI would have to be reprogrammed to work the same way, and they have shown refusal to reprogram the game for a newer console release, or even a newer DirectX standard.
    (1)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    If you changed gender or race your RSE set you got from the quests would become useless. I would be for the face hairstyle change npc. Oh yeah forgot about all of the event armor items would be unwearable if you changed genders too. Course it would then give you a reason to redo them.
    (1)

Then add a RSE-swapper NPC. I bring this up every time someone says "but but but rse and stuff".
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast