Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I agree with Larry 100%. I would gladly utilize 20 more my for another minute or so.
    (1)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Gah, on phone. 20 mp.
    (1)

i think a fair compromise here would be to cut the base recast of diffusion, and making sure it works with most if not all spells.

putting it around 2 minutes would allow you to full time 1 buff without letting you keep a second going. (it would also be a lot less time spent casting compare to single targeting on say, 3 other ppl)

i actually feel like i suggested something similar to this for RDM all so long ago... deja vu...
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

Blue mage was designed with the concept of possessing magic that can be used to enhance yourself to be more proficient in battle, which is why there are a lot of self-target enhancement spells when it comes to blue magic.

In the future there is definitely a possibility that blue magic spells that can be cast on others are implemented, but fundamentally the enhancing blue magic spells will predominantly be self-target.
    Thank you for the answer, it's really appreciated. From your answer am I correct in understanding the development team sees Blue mage as primarily a DD? Otherwise restricting us to self buffs mostly wouldn't make sense.

Given that the development team seems to see blue mage as a DD, would you please consider what Larry said as well:

"I wish the duration of many of our self target spells was longer - constantly keeping up these buffs lowers our total DPS and makes many of them not worth while. Battery charge is in the right ballpark for duration."

I don't use most of our buffs because my already lower than other job damage output is made even lower, especially with how long cast times are on many spells. If Blue Mage is supposed to be a DD rather than a support job, it seems like it would make sense to increase duration of buffs to make us a more effective DD.

Things like feather barrier are almost never useful because they don't last long enough to be worth the loss of swings/MP. 30 seconds is just not long enough to be a useful buff. Given the vision of the job, would it be possible to consider increasing the duration of buffs to be at least 1 minute?

As I am sure you can understand, by the time we even buff up with a few of these spells, many of them would have worn off before a battle even starts. It makes them really pointless. Given the vast gap in DPS between a BLU and other damage dealing jobs such as DRG, MNK, and SAM, we could use a little help.

Also perhaps consider allowing us to use diffusion more often? It would be nice if we could keep at least 1 buff on our party members full time.
    (4)
    Last edited by Olor; 02-01-2014 at 07:33 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I am completely ok with self target buffs for the most part on BLU. Diffusion definitely needs to be lowered in recast. Blue magic buffs need an increase in duration. (I just noticed not long ago they ninja buffed the duration of Cocoon/Harden Shell). It can be an increase in MP or better yet, make Blue Magic Skill extend the duration of buffs similar to how Summoning Magic works on Blood Pact: Wards.
    (2)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I also wouldn't mind if every spell cast by another mage didn't overwrite our buffs, like cureskin to our magic barrier. Another annoyance is a 3 min haste over my diffused 7.5 min haste. Idk why others cast refresh on me right after I diffuse battery charge, from 8 minutes to 3. Bleh
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Tennotsukai View Post
    I also wouldn't mind if every spell cast by another mage didn't overwrite our buffs, like cureskin to our magic barrier. Another annoyance is a 3 min haste over my diffused 7.5 min haste. Idk why others cast refresh on me right after I diffuse battery charge, from 8 minutes to 3. Bleh
    You're a little off on timing - I think our haste is only 5 minutes, but yeah, this also annoys me... right after I use my 10 minute ability to cast a 5 minute haste on everyone, people start overwriting it with their 2 minute hastes... grrrrr
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Haste is 5 minute duration but with Mirage Charuqs +2 Augmented and Diffusion. It adds up to +25% duration on buffs that can be diffused.
    (0)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Not to mention grapevine cape
    (0)

Character
    Kafrein
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Yeah I mean, I have no issue with the amount of self-target buffs we have it's more that you kind of have to spend ages casting them and they don't last very long. Although I still don't get why Animating Wail was made self target, it just seems unnecessary.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast