Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Bard

  1. #11
    Player Dragoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    1,481
    Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 66
    Quote Originally Posted by L0IRE View Post
    Man your on people about their thread placement, but your right about the ps2, and sadly, that ps2 is hindering everyone else, the game could be and have so much more if it weren't for the ps2 holding the game back, they need to drop it.
    Indeed.


    Apologies, if it seems like I'm repeating it a lot, because I am; it's not to nag, but to help!

    Using the appropriate section can be rather vital for one's voice to be heard, or read in this case. ^^


    (Thankies to the one who moved the thread.)
    (0)
    Kind Regards,
    ~ The Noob Unlimited ~



    Sore wa sore, kore wa kore.

  2. #12
    Player Blah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragomair View Post
    I agree.
    I haven't payed much attention to the current emotes for BRD though.

    String:
    Just strum the instrument repeatedly?
    Wind:
    Blow into the instrument while moving the hand?
    I didn't notice it at first either until I started playing Bard. With the wind instruments your character holds all of the instruments to the side and blows into it like a flute, piccolo or recorder (and it sounds like a flute too). With string your character just whips out a harp and strums on it and since they're all harps there's no way to tell if it would be the same if it was say a lute or banjo. But since most of the wind instruments are horns (especially as you get higher) you can clearly see your character holding a horn off to the side and NOT blowing into the hole or at least I can I don't know about any1 else.
    (0)

  3. #13
    Community Rep Hvinire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    27
    We spoke to Director Ito who brought up a couple points on bard songs. Since song graphics, animation and music need to be executed quickly it would require constant use of memory, which is difficult to add on top of what already exists with the current system.
    (2)
    Robert "Hvinire" Peeler - Community Team

  4. #14
    Player Blah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    427
    Ah I knew it, and shall we be blaming the ol' system for no new categories of instruments as well?
    (0)

  5. #15
    Player Blah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by Blah View Post
    I didn't notice it at first either until I started playing Bard. With the wind instruments your character holds all of the instruments to the side and blows into it like a flute, piccolo or recorder (and it sounds like a flute too). With string your character just whips out a harp and strums on it and since they're all harps there's no way to tell if it would be the same if it was say a lute or banjo. But since most of the wind instruments are horns (especially as you get higher) you can clearly see your character holding a horn off to the side and NOT blowing into the hole or at least I can I don't know about any1 else.
    Ah sorry not a recorder, they are actually played more like a horn...shame on you bards for not catching that mistake.
    (0)

  6. #16
    Player Blah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    427
    Bump kick bump
    (0)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragomair View Post
    I agree.
    I haven't payed much attention to the current emotes for BRD though.

    String:
    Just strum the instrument repeatedly?
    Wind:
    Blow into the instrument while moving the hand?
    and sing too apparently. ever try to sing while playing any type of wind instrument? that is TALENT my friend!
    (0)

  8. #18
    Player Blah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    and sing too apparently. ever try to sing while playing any type of wind instrument? that is TALENT my friend!
    That IS kinda strange, they do let singing skills go up even when you're playing your instruments as if you are singing...but you're not lol
    (0)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2