Character
    Figgs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Should there be a merge? (server)

Ive been back on FFXI for two weeks now on Bismarck, JP peak prime time we have maybe 1,100 total people logged in *account for mules, bazaars and the like, the there is maybe 600-700 actually playing?

I came back in March for the SoA launch and left for FFXIV beta and just those few months ago Jeuno was a shout city for exp parties voidwatch and etc peaking at NA and JP times at like 1,800 to 2,000 on a really busy day. There was allways a GoV pt in Gusgen, one that never seemed to die in bostesomething...oblotherthing, and more often then not one in CN, and aby all ways had a party in at least one.

Now it just feels barren except for the random person and their alter egos doing GoV....no shouts...no parties...The other day I stumbled apon Cassie and Malborger within an hour of each other just hanging out..which was awesome but also sad in a way. I know that we will never go back to 2004-2006 when Dunes had the entry way lined with lowbies LFG and each zone had groups doing something at all times. We all know the sun is slowly setting on Vana'diel, even with all the amazing content the devs are giving us the player base will slowly whittle away but why still have 16ish servers if the population is getting so low?

TLDR: Wouldnt it be nice to have full servers again? new people to meet?
    (1)
    Back home in FFXI where I belong

Character
    Obysuca
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I came back a couple days ago too since about a month ish after SoA (left because everyone was still only doing aby crap and I was trying to do SoA stuff lol), there's about 600-900 people on Siren. Jeuno seems dead, same for Adoulin and I've probably seen maybe 3-4 shouts the whole day (not counting the same person shouting). It was kind of surprising to see Jeuno go from packed when SoA came out, to a ghost town, reminds me of when ToAU came out lol Which kind of sucks now that I'm back and trying to catch up and get all the new areas, when no one is doing the reives, some are soloable, but the ones in the way to get the climbing KI are impossible solo considering all the mobs are all clustered up so it's impossible not to get 7-9 on you hitting for almost 250 :/
    (1)

Character
    Dragomair
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    A merge would be good and bad.
    It'd help with delve, AA, and really any other group event but it'd be a lot harder for the NMs and other things that are easier with less people overcamping.
    (0)

Player
    It would hurt AA. There's not enough battlefields as is. As far as Delve goes, you'll just have twice as many people not doing it.

You know, guys, the handful of you wanting this won't get it by beating the horse into a pulpy mess. It'll come when it's time for it.
    (3)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I think mergers for the low population servers would be a great idea.
    But SE needs to address the content issues that would come along with more people.
    Who knows, this new producer seems to have a good vision for the game imo.
    Even if they didn't merge servers per say but offered people on low population servers a free server transfer that would be cool too, or maybe let people from high population servers move to low population servers for free. ^_^
    (1)