Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: A new race

Hybrid View

A new race

It is about time we saw a new race in this game. Just about every other game has done it (yes I know, copying others isn't always good but still) I can't believe SE isn't even considering it. It could have been done when they added the Whitegate expansion and even sneaked in when they added the areas in the past. I really don't understand why it wasn't done with the Adoulin expansion. Come on guys 11 years I am sure SOMEone can come up with say, a bunny race (already have a template for that) or a canine race. Or to be completely different a peacock or fox race. At least think about it
    (0)

Bump bump bump
    (0)

Character
    Tohihroyu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I rather male mithra & female galka becoming playable (well male mithra would be more likely, female Galka would be like female roegadyn anyway just add a tail) but thats IMO
    (2)

But that's kinda why I didn't suggest that, because I figured people would just complain about it being like FFXIV. Besides I was hoping for an all new race...Or at least one not already on FFXIV
    (0)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I'm not as interested in playing as an adventurer as a new race as much as I would be playing as a beastman and seeing an alternate storyline (perhaps monstrosity will integrate this when beastmen are available to play).

I'd love to do a short questline as a Qiqirn or Goblin, especially if it had monstrosity related rewards.
    (4)

PS2 would require a new DAT for every peice of armor for every face for a new race. That's a lot more data to thurst into memory. Also, the storyline clearly states that there are 5 races because of the 5 tears of Altana. We know the layout of the world, even if we haven't been able to see it all yet, and we know where everyone comes from. Mithra are from the southern island continent. Orcs and some viking-type culture (probably Elvaan) are from the Northern continent. West and East are now mapped out, though far East is not accessible. There's no room in the lore for a new race, and no room in the design.

Monstrosity is going to be the closest we get, as monster appearance doesn't change with equipment/instincts.
    (8)

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    If they did that, I think they would have to offer a 1-time race change for all current members. I'm happy with my mithra, but would a new race be something I would have picked 5 years ago when I started playing? They did it at the FF14 relaunch (which I was happy with), but I don't know if it would work with a game as old as this one.
    (1)

excuses and more excuses

Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    PS2 would require a new DAT for ever2peice of armor for every face for a new race. That\\\\'s a lot more data to thurst into memory. Also, the storyline clearly states that there are 5 races because of the 5 tears of Altana. We know the layout of the world, even if we haven\\\\'t been able to see it all yet, and we know where everyone comes from. Mithra are from the southern island continent. Orcs and some viking-type culture (probably Elvaan) are from the Northern continent. West and East are now mapped out, though far East is not accessible. There\\\\'s no room in the lore for a new race, and no room in the design.

Monstrosity is going to be the closest we get, as monster appearance doesn\\\\'t change with equipment/instincts.
    See that\\'s exactly the kind of thing I expect one of the developers to say, technical issues would prevent it and that a new race doesn\\'t "fit" into the geography of the storyline. BUT I say if they changed so much of the game already there\\'s certainly a way for them to squeeze in a new race. And trying to use the PS2 as a crutch is a cop out if it really holds the game back that much then the monthly updates should be making them all completely fritz out....and if your PS2s ARE fritzing out then it\\'s by far too late to try to stop the train now.
    (0)

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Blah View Post
    See that\\'s exactly the kind of thing I expect one of the developers to say, technical issues would prevent it and that a new race doesn\\'t "fit" into the geography of the storyline. BUT I say if they changed so much of the game already there\\'s certainly a way for them to squeeze in a new race. And trying to use the PS2 as a crutch is a cop out if it really holds the game back that much then the monthly updates should be making them all completely fritz out....and if your PS2s ARE fritzing out then it\\'s by far too late to try to stop the train now.
    We say that cause there is very limited funds for FFXI so people would rather have new content then another race. All the money spent on a new race would be better spent on fresh new content. Now it's not just the PS2 that they would have to go though and make new dats for each piece of of gear in the game but the 360 and PC, again to much dev time and money for a game short on both. The beastmen ideas mention up above would be a more interesting idea and would get me interested in monstrosity.

FFXI is still making money cause it's been payed off for so long but to keep getting new content with a smaller player base they have to keep cost down and a new race isn't something that would be worth the effort and to not have it blow up in their face would have to offer a race change which would add more cost to a risky gamble.
    (0)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    I'd rather have a damn face change system....
    (2)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast