Thread: A new race

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blah View Post
    And there it is, not likely because if all the work involved not good for the storyline blah blah whatever. I ask you this then: will this be their same excuse in FFXIV, or in the DragonQuest game or the EverQuest game they have out? "Sorry folks we stupidly didn't consider that fans might want a new race and didn't account for it all while making the game so SCREW YOU YOU WON'T GET ANY EVER" Everyone else makes room in their mmo games why not you SE?
    The issue is that new race may work better in other MMO, not FFXI. Are you going to start a new character just for new race? I won't. And personally I don't really care about new race, new job would be cool though. Sure they can offer their 1 time race change service or something, but it's not really game changing tbh.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    The issue is that new race may work better in other MMO, not FFXI. Are you going to start a new character just for new race? I won\\'t. And personally I don\\'t really care about new race, new job would be cool though. Sure they can offer their 1 time race change service or something, but it\\'s not really game changing tbh.
    That doesn't quite make sense, it's a game, adding new races along with the new expansions added is Suppose to be fun and exciting, and what I am trying to get SE to do is start considering it if not for this game then at least their others after all except for maybe EverQuest all their other mmos should be able to get at least one other race before the end of the game...unlike this one...eleven years and every proposal for one shot down.
    (0)

Bc like I said before, I suggested it a loooong time ago when they actually could have done it and it would have been a great addition and people wouldn't have looked at is as more work to do but they instead well ignored and now here we are...arguing over the magnitude what it would take to do it.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    And there it is, not likely because if all the work involved not good for the storyline blah blah whatever. I ask you this then: will this be their same excuse in FFXIV, or in the DragonQuest game or the EverQuest game they have out? "Sorry folks we stupidly didn't consider that fans might want a new race and didn't account for it all while making the game so SCREW YOU YOU WON'T GET ANY EVER" Everyone else makes room in their mmo games why not you SE?
    I feel like you're taking my thoughts out of context. I am noting that I don't see it likely, but I WOULD be interested in seeing a new race.

It is fair to note though, that TONS of elements of the lore and storylines of the game are heavily centered around there being the 5 enlightened races. Even some entire areas of the game are designed around the fact that there are 5 playable races. This is something they could just explain away, sure. but it is something to think about.
    (1)

Which begs the question why would they make an mmorpg that way? I can understand a single player game being made that way but a mmorpg? Any1 ever ask them that? I know this was their 1st but to make kind of a huge oversight like that is well stupid and I truly hope they don't keep.making it just because this game happened to be successful despite of it. Like if they were to come out with a ffxi-2 or ffxii-2. You guys do realize every game 10 and over got a sequel except those 2 right?
    (0)

OMG I know this is completely off topic but what if they do it for Elder scrolls online as well? They've never added any new races to their game either, daaaang they might just not make any new ones at all...that would be messed up.
    (0)

Player
    Which begs the question why would they make an mmorpg that way? I can understand a single player game being made that way but a mmorpg? Any1 ever ask them that? I know this was their 1st but to make kind of a huge oversight like that is well stupid and I truly hope they don't keep.making it just because this game happened to be successful despite of it. Like if they were to come out with a ffxi-2 or ffxii-2. You guys do realize every game 10 and over got a sequel except those 2 right?
    FFXI got a sequel in the form of expansions and FFXIV in a way, FFXII had handheld sequels I believe.
    (0)

Character
    Tohihroyu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Why so upset? this game is pretty old and there loads of f2p games that have a multitude of race options. I like this one cause it was not the usual choice of Elvish, Human & Dwarf 2 others got added though animal like and human traits they are still diffrent (Galka being large ursrane and sort of lizard like with the tail and mithra being feline)

Playing as a beastman would be interesting if it was a sort of branch off from Monstroity, I wonder if you play as a Tonberry would all the hate you gathered as a normal player count towards your "Everyone's Grudge" damage? and could you play as the further outland beastmen? (Yagudo from the far east and the far south in the mithra homeland for example)

Besides the hope for male mithra, I'd be happy if seekers added some male mithra npc's or let us see Lehkoh again which could maybe give us a chance to visit the mithran homeland along with other places that even after seekers are still not open (Far east, far south, present Graberg, present fort KN, present Vunkarl Inlet and so on-- I'd say far north but I get the feeling we might be able to go there soon enough) according to some flavor text the mithra homeland has deer like fauna so new monsters too. (maybe for MON too IF we ever go to the far south)
    (1)

9. 01-25-2014 04:25 PM

Alright alright alright I feel too many are pooping on the idea so how about instead we all post ideas on how it can be done without blowing up the storyline or the game. I'll go 1st....hmmmm how about maybe an "evil" race of our choosing, like an evil galka with the attributes of a tarutaru or maybe a mithra with the attributes of an Elvaan and just write a sad cast off story for them? Altana WAS going to have six but this race tried to kill the other fi- wait that isn't sad that's horrible but you get the idea.
    (0)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Alright alright alright I feel too many are pooping on the idea so how about instead we all post ideas on how it can be done without blowing up the storyline or the game. I'll go 1st....hmmmm how about maybe an "evil" race of our choosing, like an evil galka with the attributes of a tarutaru or maybe a mithra with the attributes of an Elvaan and just write a sad cast off story for them? Altana WAS going to have six but this race tried to kill the other fi- wait that isn't sad that's horrible but you get the idea.
    how about just "no" and let the Devs put their efforts rather into the SoA expansion and content, I dont care for new races, I'd rather have new content then waste Dev time on that ¬.¬. As said, FFXI is a really old game and putting a new race into it is not as easy as in other MMOs, just by the fact how its built (just from the armor and weapon point of view etc).
    (4)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast