Player

What Puppetmaster is lacking...

Pet commands! Yes, we haven't gotten a new one since LV10... All the other pet jobs have gotten useful high level pet commands or job abilities that directly augments their pet or master i.e. Steady Wing; Summoner's Avatar's favor and mana cede; Beastmaster's Spur and Run Wild... There has been a lot of talk on "stances" mentioned by many in the past, including myself, just no responses, on if and when the DEV team will adress this balance... and not to be eye for eye with other pet jobs, even though the other pet jobs got a free damage increase, while we need to grind or pay millions for attachments that may or may not be effective, but attachments aside, pet commands have, been no more useful for us than they were at level 10, and instead we are given armor to make them less of a "burden" kinda seems like #%$ backwards don't ya think?

I know the DEV team is adjusting Overdrive after almost 8 years now (??)... But it would be a good time to add new job abilities and pet commands while you're are at it to resolve Valoredge hate issues, BLM inability to compete with new adoulin gear, WHM mages wasteful curing (hoping Vivi Valve II solves this), Harlequins uselessness (give him martials arts and allow him to attack like h2h weapons), ranger frames ranged accuracy (Scope II please!!), and RDMs annoying spellcast order (give him more fast cast, lower delay between spells, and Dia III Paralyze II, Slow II, Blind II and high magic accuracy like a real RDM)

In any case, I would really like to get a recent response to at least one post in this forum of anyone's so we can get an idea of where this job is going and what the plans to take it in whichever direction SE chooses, because the lack of responses can only be interpreted as being ignored or being preoccupied with FFXIV...
    (5)
    Last edited by Nezha; 01-21-2014 at 10:28 PM.

Player
    I would say that the RDM to puppetRDM should be a little more of a proportional difference since the puppet shouldn't be as good as a real RDM would be, but should have similar states and the same basic intelligence that goes with it.

Also....Trust shouldn't be 100000000times smarting that our puppets......My puppet shouldn't be casting cure V on me when i only have 400HP missing
    (0)

Nezha, we did get Heady Artifice added .... lol. I only use that when I'm bored soloing a reive, but I would love to hear some other uses for it since PUP rarely gets invited to anything.
    Agreed with all your suggestions.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    PUP actually has lots of pet commands... most of your JAs are direct actions on your pet.
    (0)

Player
    What he means is JA's that aren't basically all the Maneuvers.

Right now without counting 1hrs or merit JA's we have: Cool down, Deus Ex Automata, Activate, Deactivate, Retrieve, Deploy. Which 2 of those are considered pet commands and BST gets a "Stay" command, which isn't too bad that we don't get it. What would be nice is if the RNG frame did an auto placement at a range not up close and personal. Doesn't have to be optimal range, just run away far enough to not be in AoE range. And that would only be if the PUP was fighting the same mob.
    (1)
    Marada- Badass Tarutaru Ginger