Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Whogie
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Completely forgot about that! Never mind then.
    (1)

Hello, everyone!

A bit ago Producer Matsui commented that we will be making adjustments to campaign and I have some follow-up information to share about this.

In the March version update we will be making the below adjustments:
    • Skill-ups
      It will now be possible to increase your skills when you possess allied tags and attack campaign monsters and fortifications.

• Adjustments to the rise and fall of area influence
      We will be raising the amount area influence is increased when the allied forces win a campaign battle. Additionally, we'll be lowering the amount area influence is decreased when the allied forces lose a campaign battle.

Through the above changes it will become easier to maintain area influence and it should also make it easier to avoid battles from occurring in the nations.
    (29)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

That is great news, Camate.

Another thing that could increase campaign participation is if a few new items were buyable with allied notes. There is still a *tiny* amount of items left in campaign that are situationally useful today, but who knows for how long? I'm not asking for items that rival ilv 119 gear, but a few accessories that can be situationally useful for a lot of the various jobs would be nice.

I might not be entirely correct in this assessment, but it is my impression that campaign-fans often have different priorities and desires than most of the game's player. Wouldn't it then be suitable to add some campaign gear that could give jobs rare and unusual boosts? Items that could be desirable for something that isn't the job's primary role for bleeding-edge content, but that still are really good gear pieces for other playstyles?

A lot of campaign fans have more AN than they know what to do it. Adding some gear with unusual (but good) stats that is of ilv 109-117 strength and costs perhaps 5-10 times as much AN as the currently most expensive AN gear would give something for those people to spend their AN on, and also create a desire to earn even more AN. Of course, there's nothing wrong with also adding gear with more normal stats, but I feel that these might be ignored by players if they enhance jobs in a way that is close to the same way as the Adoulin gear currently does. After all, if you need to go out of the way to get gear that is basically just like SoA gear, except a bit weaker, why would you want to bother unless you already are a diehard Campaign fan? If Campaign offers unique and unusual gear, it won't directly compete with the combat events you find in SoA (and the new high-level battlefields) when it comes to gear.

While on the topic of adding new gear to spend old combat-currency on, I also think you could do the same with IS and CP gear too. I have nothing to spend my several hundred thousand conquest points on, and I certainly wouldn't mind if some new items were added, at perhaps 150-300k CP per piece.
    (4)

Character
    Kriegsgott
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello, everyone!

A bit ago Producer Matsui commented that we will be making adjustments to campaign and I have some follow-up information to share about this.

In the March version update we will be making the below adjustments:
    • Skill-ups
      It will now be possible to increase your skills when you possess allied tags and attack campaign monsters and fortifications.

• Adjustments to the rise and fall of area influence
      We will be raising the amount area influence is increased when the allied forces win a campaign battle. Additionally, we'll be lowering the amount area influence is decreased when the allied forces lose a campaign battle.

Through the above changes it will become easier to maintain area influence and it should also make it easier to avoid battles from occurring in the nations.
    sounds good any plans on Campaign OPs too ?
    (1)

5. 02-28-2014 06:44 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    In the March version update we will be making the below adjustments....
    So awesome, thank you, thank you thank you. I like campaign, now I will have more reason to do it.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

All I can say is: about fragglen' time!

Only been waiting for... what, more than 5 years, perhaps.

Don't you dare stop there, though! More is to be done with it yet.

(Not going to link to the few other campaign-related topics around here this time... oopsies!)
    (1)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 02-28-2014 at 04:02 PM.
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Kaiichi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Awesome... Now how to revive Garrison?
    (2)
    Warning: You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be misunderstood, misworded, misquoted, and then used against you. For this is the law of the interwebs.

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    I want to see some Campaign-related Records of Eminence objectives!
    (3)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Take the level caps off? Fling more mobs at us? Kind of like skirmish in Yorcia on higher tiers.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Mnejing View Post
    I want to see some Campaign-related Records of Eminence objectives!
    This! Yes please. Also I second the request for new items to be obtainable through campaign. I agree they shouldn't be top tier - but it really wouldn't hurt to have some interesting level 114-116 items be obtainable through AN, IS, and CP
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast