Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Divinator, the New Attachments, and Beyond!

First off I'd like to preface this by thanking the development team for the new attachments, at the very least you have forgotten about us! I'm a bit curious about the thinking for "Vivi Valve II" though, but hoping my pet will use Cure III/IV instead of V/VIs. Turbo Charger II is definitely good since it bypasses the gear haste cap based on its description, I just hope it isn't 4 Wind capacities.

Moving forward I would like to see more "improved" attachments because new ones will be difficult given the limited attachment space and no current way to increase elemental capacities (which would make for an awesome analog to meriting to personalize our Automatons! Some examples:

-Strobe II (More enmity, lower provoke recast, or a seperate provoke altogether)

-Reactive Shield II (Spikes that give enmity and decrease hate loss when taking damage)

-Flashbulb II (Flash that greatly reduces accuracy and evasion and gives a lot of enmity)

-Tactical Processor II (Automatons use weapon skills more wisely (based on HP) regardless of maneuvers active, i.e. Strongest damage dealing weapon skill, unless HP is <75% then it prioritizes say Cannibal Blade & Magic Mortar)

-Shock Absorber II (Grants "Phalanx" effect)

- Eraser II (Grants Immunity from status effects erased for a number of times based on number of maneuvers erased)

- Scherzen II (Reduces the damage of anything that deals of 50% of the Automaton's HP)

-Damage Gauge II (Automaton prioritizes curing, decrease cure cast/recast time and *cures used based on missing hp and cure potency effects*)

-Optic Fiber II (Activates all attachments but decreases their effect (this 3 light maneuvers is the equivalent of two maneuvers of the respective elemental maneuvers, only applying to tension spring/armor plate/ etc. not Job abilty type attachments)

-Hammermill II (Increases shield bash damage and adds attack down or "drain"effect to shield bash.)

Barrier Module II (Grants "Reprisal" effect to automaton)

Other useful attachments:

-Store TP attachment (seperate from holding tp for Skillchains)

-Subtle Blow attachment

-Regain attachment

-Attachment that grants new magic/weapon skills under special conditions (Meteor/Arise)

-Auto-reraise attachment (if master dies while XX-maneuver is active the Automaton will instantly bestow Reraise on her/him)

-"Accomplice" attachment

-"Defender"/"Sentinel"/"Rampart" attachments

"Cover" attachment (Grants cover effect to master when attacking behind his automaton, while XX maneuver is active) (<-- this attachment alone would shut me up forever, kay? promise!)

-"Double Shot" attatchment

-Attachment that erases maneuvers and the master's buffs and applies a number of them to the pet based on number of maneuvers erased

-An attachment that grants "support job" of the master

The list is endless...

Moving on I would like attachments effects to be based on skill AND animator iLV. Which while we are on the topic of animators, I would like to discuss cureent findings, which should be short: All stats+89 and non-intrinsic HP and MP bonus due to iLV, and a base magic/melee/ranged attack bonus but possibly due to the extra stats and iLV. Really hoping that I am missing something or there os a bug and it isn't working as intended it, but after weeks of trying to obtain it, it feels a bit lackluster. Did someone say 4th maneuver? Nah, just the wind I guess...

In any case, I would like to see Puppetmaster become a job that can fill the role of the jobs the automatons are modeled after, not better, but at least as good especially with proper attachments, ilvl gear, mythic etc. This would give us a better role in endgame events and circumvent hrs of shouting when looking for a specific job, because one spends several times longer shouting and waiting than the event actually takes and then more time waiting for instances of battle fields to free up.... Anyways... I digress...

Would like to hear others attachment suggestions and Divinator findings! Thanks for reading!
    (0)
    Last edited by Nezha; 01-21-2014 at 04:05 AM.

Character
    Darkcloudx
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I just wish they said where the two attachments come from
    (1)

Player
    Sooooooo lemme get this straight DRG BST and SMR get higher Dmg output, we get haste and cure pot? >_> anyone else feel screwd here?? with all the adoulin content our BLM are now a joke in compasen, valor edge cant really do great dmg or take alot hits, kinda saddend by this i hope they do more next update. at least there given us something *shrug*
    (0)

Player
    I was planning to suggest a Magic Damage+ attachment so our BLM could compete, but to compare with Stone I spamming a tier V nuke would have to be doing over 10,000. PLD actually holds mobs quite well with proper gear and attachments, but he "is" rather weak and can't hold hate with people (Master included) DDing, which is why I stressed so much enmity or a Cover attachment, again this would be amazing... Think of the things you could do, sub jobs you could use, this would virtually eliminate hate issues with one attachment between Master and Automaton and allow us to front line tank via dealing damage and keeping hate on the master... But enmity will still need to be addressed for party and alliance situations. Don't under estimate that haste attachment, which may be a misnomer, If it bypasses gear haste cap, and has values similar to the previous Turbo Charger, this would potentially double pet DPS which as far as hate keeping goes would be excellent! As for the Cure Pot. i believe it is more for MP conservation (not that we really need it) but the pet will start casting lower tier cures which saves mp, but curing just as much as Cure V/VI. The thing I felt most shafted about is that all the other pet jobs got a free strength increase and yet again the most disliked job in the game needs to find a way to get what it needs from the hardest content... great!
    (0)
    Last edited by Nezha; 01-21-2014 at 09:36 PM.

Character
    Darkcloudx
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Vivi-Valve II [ALCHEMY 102~103, Iatrochemistry] Fire Crystal, Mythril Sheet, Glass Fiber, Light Bead, Vanir Battery
    Turbo Charger II [ALCHEMY 102~103, Iatrochemistry] Fire Crystal, Mythril Sheet, Glass Fiber, Glass Sheet, Scroll of Haste, Mega Fan, Vanir Battery
    Vanir battery drops from the new fights they added, as for which one I'm not sure.
    (0)

Player
    Well the verdicts out on Turbo Charger II, it DOES count toward gear haste and thus caps at 25%. So either this isn't working as intended or is another fumble on SEs part... But more working being done... Keep you guys updated!

Disclaimer: tested based solely on automaton animations between attacks on all 4 frames
    (0)
    Last edited by Nezha; 01-22-2014 at 11:39 AM.

Player
    I want to say I am wrong and that I see increased attack speed but really getting nothing here when applying chargers over armor... Had high hopes for but i dont see anything substantial
    (0)

Player
    The Vanir Batteries drop from the two new 20 Merit BCs... One set makes 3 attachments so, if I get a hold of another battery, ill be giving out free attachments to PUPs on my server by request.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nezha; 02-28-2014 at 12:32 AM.

Player
    Vivi Valve II: 1 Light: ~20%, 2 Light: ~35%, 3 Light: ~50% and it is 3 Light capacities.
    For perspective: Vivi Valve I: 1 Light: ~15%, 2 Light: ~30%, 3 Light: ~45% and it is 2 Light Capacities.

Turbo Charger II: 0 Wind: 10%, 1 Wind: 20%, 2 Wind: 25% (Capped), 3 Wind: 25%(Capped)
    For perspective:Turbo Charger I: 0 Wind: 5%, 1 Wind: 15%, 2 Wind: 20%, 3 Wind: 25% (Capped)

I personally, don't think they are worth the gil/effort, but may allow you to change some gear sets around at best. Good? Bad? I'd like to hear opinions below.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nezha; 01-27-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Character
    Tetsujin
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nezha View Post
    Vivi Valve II: 1 Light: ~20%, 2 Light: ~35%, 3 Light: ~50% and it is 3 Light capacities.
    For perspective: Vivi Valve I: 1 Light: ~15%, 2 Light: ~30%, 3 Light: ~45% and it is 2 Light Capacities.

Turbo Charger II: 0 Wind: 10%, 1 Wind: 20%, 2 Wind: 25% (Capped), 3 Wind: 25%(Capped)
    For perspective:Turbo Charger I: 0 Wind: 5%, 1 Wind: 15%, 2 Wind: 20%, 3 Wind: 25% (Capped)

I personally, don't think they are worth the gil/effort, but may allow you to change some gear sets around at best. Good? Bad? I'd like to hear opinions below.
    I suppose it's good for people who worry about their DPS dropping whenever they pop a maneuver. Whether someone has one attachment or both on, the bonuses are pretty substantial since it allows you to only require one (or two) maneuvers where you previously needed three. I'm sure once people get to crafting these twelve at a time it'll be worth it.

These aren't my top choices for new attachments but they're still good. I should point out that Haste doesn't mean as much for our Ranged frames given our non-critting, long delay, "TP Move" crossbow bolt. It's still great for TP generation, but I'd like to see more focus on the actual ranged weapon.

Side note: It's important to point out that Cure potency has a cap at 50%.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast