Character
    Elvyn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gildrein View Post
    • Overdrive will be adjusted.
      In addition to their current affects, equipped maneuvers will receive three effects.
      * Only three effects may be gained, even if multiple maneuvers of the same type are equipped.
      * This does not affect the priority queue for weapon skills used by the automaton.

• The Turbo Charge and Turbo Charge II attachments will be adjusted.
      The haste effects granted by this attachment will now be affected by the total value of magical effects rather than the total value from equipment.
    -----
    If you wish to discuss or submit feedback on this topic, please use the [dev1175] tag.
    Changes as of Feb Update! Looking forward to the change in Overdrive!
    The change to Turbo Charger Haste effect is also welcome lol.

My opinion as to the new attachments, the Vivi-Vale II I wont be getting, the increased cure Pot isn't worth it tbh. With the boost from Re-forged Artifact pants and Gloves there has never been a situation with my WHM Frame where Cure V/VI hasn't been sufficient.

I'm not 100% sure on the Turbo Charger II yet I will wait till Feb changes to the haste effect and see how I feel then.
    (0)
    :O Destiny's Child Reformed!

Greetings,

Apologies for the delay in responding to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezha View Post
    PLD actually holds mobs quite well with proper gear and attachments, but he "is" rather weak and can't hold hate with people (Master included) DDing, which is why I stressed so much enmity or a Cover attachment

With the latest enmity adjustments implemented in the February version update, automaton attachments were also included in the changes and it should now be easier to maintain enmity on a target.

-Tactical Processor II (Automatons use weapon skills more wisely (based on HP) regardless of maneuvers active, i.e. Strongest damage dealing weapon skill, unless HP is <75% then it prioritizes say Cannibal Blade & Magic Mortar)
    While there is a possibility for creating an attachment such as this that varies the automaton’s actions based on different values of enemy HP, we have to look into whether this can be done from a technical standpoint. Additionally, there are other adjustments that we would like to prioritize, so please give us a bit of time for this.
    (4)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Archedian
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    While there is a possibility for creating an attachment such as this that varies the automaton’s actions based on different values of enemy HP, we have to look into whether this can be done from a technical standpoint. Additionally, there are other adjustments that we would like to prioritize, so please give us a bit of time for this.
    There is an even simpler method. Just allow us to execute automaton weapon skills manually. You could literally put "Automaton Weapon Skills" In a menu under pet commands that we can click on when they have 100% TP similarly to how Beastmasters work. Then all our problems are solved. Automatons could still weapon skill on their own, but if we want to manipulate what they do we could use an attachment like Inhibitor to keep them from weapon skilling then just use a /pet "Cannibal Blade" <t> macro when he has 100tp.

Also this isn't an idea out of no where. Square Enix made a post that was mentioned in another thread about looking into "Manual Execution" for automaton weapon skills as well as magic.

With the latest enmity adjustments implemented in the February version update, automaton attachments were also included in the changes and it should now be easier to maintain enmity on a target.
    Another key element to generating enmity for any player, automaton, avatar, etc is being able to hit the monster. Automatons in events like Delve and A.A fights can't even hit enemies (Tojil, Difficult Mithra, Hume, Etc.). Automatons accuracy just isn't comparable to a player who can get equipment accuracy as well as buffs from COR, BRD, and GEO. Automatons need readjusted accuracy (Not just through attachments) but natural accuracy because my pet is literally useless agaist difficult A.A. Mithra even with Target Marker, Stabilizer I and II, Heat seeker, and 3 thunder maneuvers on. It's pathetic. If accuracy is fixed, PLD pet might actually be able to hold hate over other players in events where it actually counts.
    (2)
    Last edited by Shinron-PUP; 02-27-2014 at 10:57 AM.

Character
    Archedian
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Greetings,
    Sorry for the delay, but here is some information from the development team in regards to your feedback!

The maneuver duration, recast time, and overload are all balanced very subtly; through maneuvers, the automaton’s operability, as well as the frame and attachments, are largely affected. Due to this, we plan to create balance by adding and adjusting attachments and abilities without changing the operations of the base maneuvers.

In regards to abilities, we are making adjustments based on the original execution timing, however, for weapon skills we are looking into making it possible to select the execution timing manually. For magic, we believe the top priority is the revamping of recast times, so once we finalize those adjustments we plan on looking into being able to select the timing for that, as well.

We understand that there are times this is inconvenient for ranged/mage frames. We will look into increasing the distance for using Deploy.

With the current system, Scanner will detect resist rates, so by using a Scanner it should make it so your automaton does not cast this.
    However, if there is even a small chance that the monster uses magic, the automaton will start to cast silence. The chance of there being a bug related to this isn’t impossible, so we will be checking on this.

Also, if you have any feedback such as “I don’t want silence to be cast on enemies that are highly resistant to silence” (ex: Make it so it doesn’t cast silence when the resist rate is over 60%) please make sure to let us know.

We are looking into changing the automaton behavior. Since this is something that we have received a lot of feedback about we will be looking into it, but since the workings of the automaton logic are so complex it will take some time.

We understand how you feel and are looking into separating the recast timers.

While we would like to do something for this, we would first need to perform a lot of work to revamp the user interface, so this will be difficult to accomplish right away. Sorry

We plan on revamping attachment stats, so there is a possibility that we make it so that there is no consumption of maneuvers. This doesn’t mean that we will be adjusting every attachment for this, but we will be looking at each one separately. If you have any feedback please let us know!

We will be performing adjustments on attachments that need adjusting as necessary.

Planning to implement this in the form of an attachment.

We are thinking about making adjustments in the form of attachments, not on the automaton or puppetmaster side. For example, how does implementing Strobe II sound?

Currently, we are thinking more in the direction of implementing superior lubricant, such as Lubricant +3, instead of directly increasing the physical resistance.

It doesn’t crit because it is recognized as a special ability. We are looking into it.

First we will be revamping attachments that need adjustments. After that we will take a look at the balance and look into this.

We definitely understand. Since automatons are different than player characters, and it is difficult to adjust the positioning of the automaton, we are looking into easing up or even eliminating the distance factor.

We would like to look into new automaton WS ideas, however, since you can recover MP through Deactivate/Activate and by using the Mana Converter, we think it would be better to look at different effects.

The damage is calculated as a special WS, however, we will be looking into making this easier to use while making use of its special properties since we hear a lot of people saying it keeps doing zero damage…
    Read the bold in the quote.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinron-PUP View Post
    Automatons need readjusted accuracy (Not just through attachments) but natural accuracy because my pet is literally useless agaist difficult A.A. Mithra even with Target Marker, Stabilizer I and II, Heat seeker, and 3 thunder maneuvers on. It's pathetic. If accuracy is fixed, PLD pet might actually be able to hold hate over other players in events where it actually counts.
    This might actually be related to the "at most +30 accuracy on pets from gear" issue that's due to be fixed.
    (1)

Player
    I'm very appreciative that you took the time to comment on this thread, so first and foremost thank you for that! I will say that I do see some a noticable difference in my automaton's ability to maintain enmity, but hate is still lost in about 3 attack rounds consistently using all pet enmity gear current available to my job in the game: Breeder Mask set and Pet: Enmity+ Rings/Earrings from ACP Mission-line in my "Pet Provoke" set. ----[Semi-Tangent: This would be a good place to mention the lack of Puppetmaster pet enmity gear along with the need for more pet PDT/MDT/DT or Enhances "Stout Servant" effect" on relevant gear which would be quite nice on say the reforged relic Body/Legs if the DEV team hasn't already made up their minds]----- This is about half a step closer of my evil Puppetmaster agenda to see Valoredge tank viably in a party/alliance setting but that is for another post entirely. Seeing as currently due to the math behind the job, Automatons will not be very accurate on anything worth seriously discussing (i.e. AA MR on difficult), so the bigger picture I want to bring to conscious of everyone willing to read (but you especially given your influence), which fueled my mindset for the Tactical Processor II attachment in specific, and what ultimately is the "beyond" part of this thread, is that too many factors depends on the current maneuver system.

The easiest, least helpful, historical plan for dealing with most issues related to Puppetmaster has been to add more attachments, save for a few much appreciated mechanical overhauls. But with no prospect for ever increasing the number of maneuvers possible &/or decreasing the recast time of maneuvers &/or increasing elemental capacities &/or increasing the maximum number of attachments that may be equip, adding more attachments is equivalent of fixing our problem of juggling this burdensome system with only three hands... by whadyaknow giving us more to juggle... with only three hands. Fantastic!

This also begs the question why there really hasn't been any new Automaton Weaponskills? I mean honestly it cannot be that hard to make granted there are about 10 of them for every weapon, but assuming you made a Weapon Skill for every maneuver element, the system would collapse on itself. You would need two maneuvers to perform any weapon skill over another assuming you did not prefer the highest prioritized one and a revamp of the system would be absolutely necessary, putting aside the fact that they would require the use of maneuver elements most likely not meaningful to the attachments useful to the frame. Thus with every added attachment and every added weapon skill the current maneuver system becomes further burdened under the stress of its own weight (real elemental burden aside).

Now I know it would be a very tedious programming overhaul to fix this system or add a fourth maneuver and thus my proposal of Tac. Processor II, gives us one less ball to juggle in exchange for an attachment space (yay, since its already so limited) and sounds pretty feasible based on your response. Which is great! But in truth this will ease the issue without fixing the real problem: The system itself. Ultimately, completely moving to manual execution would free the maneuvers from one of the many directions it is pulled instantly improving efficiency of the system. Would playing Puppetmaster be slightly more complicated, yes most likely, but more imporantly it would be more efficient for Automaton and Master alike. I am aware some people loathe this idea, that it is against the philosophy of what an "Auto"maton is and so, we could please everyone by making two job abilities that would allow for the automaton to act more autonomously or more dependently depending on situation. Two Tulfaires with one peeble! Shweet!

I am now going on 5 paragraphs longer than what I intended this response to be, so lets say you didn't read anything I've written at all and your skimming for the thesis, the main takeaway point is you can add attachments until you are blue in the face, but because there are so many limitations: limits on elemental capacities, limits on attachments spaces, limits on numbers of maneuvers, and the fact that maneuvers are shared with weapon skill activation, attachments will continually land short of their intended mark. To begin to solve the bigger underlying issues will likely require more work than attachments can solve, although adding job abilities holds some promise there will still have to be some programming work done there, with changes they could potentially make to the automaton AI that would relieve the burden of the current maneuver system and possibly finally give us Weapon skills fitting of a Lv. 119 Automaton! By no means do I expect it in the next update, probably not even in the one after that. But if I could at least get a conversation going within the Developer sphere to at least give any of what I am trying to bring to light a closer look, I think a lot of the smaller issues that Puppetmasters have complained about since its implementation, will solve themselves as steps are taken to solve the maneuver system.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nezha; 03-01-2014 at 04:04 AM.

First off I'd like to preface this by thanking the development team for the new attachments, at the very least you have forgotten about us! I'm a bit curious about the thinking for "Vivi Valve II" though, but hoping my pet will use Cure III/IV instead of V/VIs. Turbo Charger II is definitely good since it bypasses the gear haste cap based on its description, I just hope it isn't 4 Wind capacities.

Moving forward I would like to see more "improved" attachments because new ones will be difficult given the limited attachment space and no current way to increase elemental capacities (which would make for an awesome analog to meriting to personalize our Automatons! Some examples:

-Strobe II (More enmity, lower provoke recast, or a seperate provoke altogether)

-Reactive Shield II (Spikes that give enmity and decrease hate loss when taking damage)

-Flashbulb II (Flash that greatly reduces accuracy and evasion and gives a lot of enmity)

-Tactical Processor II (Automatons use weapon skills more wisely (based on HP) regardless of maneuvers active, i.e. Strongest damage dealing weapon skill, unless HP is <75% then it prioritizes say Cannibal Blade & Magic Mortar)

-Shock Absorber II (Grants "Phalanx" effect)

- Eraser II (Grants Immunity from status effects erased for a number of times based on number of maneuvers erased)

- Scherzen II (Reduces the damage of anything that deals of 50% of the Automaton's HP)

-Damage Gauge II (Automaton prioritizes curing, decrease cure cast/recast time and *cures used based on missing hp and cure potency effects*)

-Optic Fiber II (Activates all attachments but decreases their effect (this 3 light maneuvers is the equivalent of two maneuvers of the respective elemental maneuvers, only applying to tension spring/armor plate/ etc. not Job abilty type attachments)

-Hammermill II (Increases shield bash damage and adds attack down or "drain"effect to shield bash.)

Barrier Module II (Grants "Reprisal" effect to automaton)

Other useful attachments:

-Store TP attachment (seperate from holding tp for Skillchains)

-Subtle Blow attachment

-Regain attachment

-Attachment that grants new magic/weapon skills under special conditions (Meteor/Arise)

-Auto-reraise attachment (if master dies while XX-maneuver is active the Automaton will instantly bestow Reraise on her/him)

-"Accomplice" attachment

-"Defender"/"Sentinel"/"Rampart" attachments

"Cover" attachment (Grants cover effect to master when attacking behind his automaton, while XX maneuver is active) (<-- this attachment alone would shut me up forever, kay? promise!)

-"Double Shot" attatchment

-Attachment that erases maneuvers and the master's buffs and applies a number of them to the pet based on number of maneuvers erased

-An attachment that grants "support job" of the master

The list is endless...

Moving on I would like attachments effects to be based on skill AND animator iLV. Which while we are on the topic of animators, I would like to discuss cureent findings, which should be short: All stats+89 and non-intrinsic HP and MP bonus due to iLV, and a base magic/melee/ranged attack bonus but possibly due to the extra stats and iLV. Really hoping that I am missing something or there os a bug and it isn't working as intended it, but after weeks of trying to obtain it, it feels a bit lackluster. Did someone say 4th maneuver? Nah, just the wind I guess...

In any case, I would like to see Puppetmaster become a job that can fill the role of the jobs the automatons are modeled after, not better, but at least as good especially with proper attachments, ilvl gear, mythic etc. This would give us a better role in endgame events and circumvent hrs of shouting when looking for a specific job, because one spends several times longer shouting and waiting than the event actually takes and then more time waiting for instances of battle fields to free up.... Anyways... I digress...

Would like to hear others attachment suggestions and Divinator findings! Thanks for reading!
    problem-insufficient element slots for a proper build out. based on past patterns of multi tier attachments the higher the tier the more slots it will need. if they go with your idea-and I'm not saying they shouldn't-we need something that adds 1 or 2 slots to each available element on each frame/head combo to use those higher tiers effectively.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2