Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    Which~ is what I said.By which I meant exactly what you just said, following that I said...By this I meant that for instance, and I know this is now how the code would look really but bare with me my dumbed down example, if the code for Hagondes were 2113XXXX, the first X being the PDT augment while the second is determining what the extra augment is, and the third/fourth Xs are the potency of the augment. So lets say that extra augment 0 is nothing, 1 is Fast Cast, 2 is Enmity-, 3 is MAB, 4 is MAcc, 5 is Pet MAB, and 6 is Avatar Perp. Now lets also say that Hagondes +1 will be 2119XXXX with the same idea behind the Xs. All they would have to do to transfer your augments for a 4 PDT 25 MAB Hagondes Coat to a Hagondes Coat +1 would be for the game to look at your Coat, see that its code is 21134325 and give you a Hagondes Coat +1 with a code of 21194325, thus, you are given a Coat with the same augment without any problems.

I fail to see why if they are distinct items in their own right that SE can not simply pair up the numbers, codes, whatever, with one another so that when upgrading an augmented piece you receive an augmented piece in return.
    The problem with that is they don't just have to program the output, they have to do the inputs too. Right now, you trade them a Hagondes coat. It's just a base hagondes coat, even if it has augments, and you keep them, it's giving you back a different coat with the same stats. There's just the one base coat, and 9999 coats that can come out. That way the NPC you trade it to only has to recognize the one Hagondes Coat.

If you wanted to keep your augments, they'd need to make 9999 inputs, each of which has 9999 outputs. The NPC would have to be programmed to accept 9999 different items for trade, rather than 1. They'd have to program in 21130001, and all the different augments you can end up with 21190000->21199999. Then 21130002 and all of 21190000 -> 2119999 it can become. Then 21130003 and all of it's, etc. Not gonna happen, because they save time by just wiping augments and using the unaugmented coat as the base, so they only need to keep track of one input, since there's so damned many outputs to keep track of.
    (0)

Player
    If it were the way you are saying it then it makes little sense they would have the ability for you to trade an Augmented Hagondes Coat in and still choose to keep those augments rather than your new augments due to the fact that when trading it in you are saying it only sees a Hagondes Coat, not an Augmented Hagondes Coat, at which point when entering the conversation it should not recognize the augments that were already present. If it is its own distinct item once augmented it stands to reason when you trade the item it does not see a Hagondes Coat, but rather it sees an Augmented Hagondes Coat with its specific augments, meaning if it has to have multiple inputs for each augment combination then it would make sense that in order to even allow you to keep your current augments it would have to do the same, so it knows what to give you back in the event you choose to keep your current ones.

If when trading the coat it can see the augments already present it would seem that it is getting all of that data included into the conversation as well, at which point you can conclude that either they need not make an input for each of the subsequent outputs in the way you describe or that they already have for the current version of the system.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2