Page 176 of 297 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 174 175 176 177 178 186 226 276 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2962
    Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BenjiTulia View Post
    Please increase Sparks of Eminence and Unity Accolades caps from 99.999 to 999.999 (or more).
    Isn't that a bit overkill?
    (0)

Player
    Cap literally serves no purpose. it's just an inconvenience.
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Cap serves a major purpose, from their business point of view, if one opens their mind to their realm of thought.
    You are capped out, so you need to spend more time emptying your Sparks / Unity points to exchange them for other items, to then do something else with etc...
    You need to spend time going back to what you were doing, etc. etc...
    The more time you spend doing stuff, the more you pay for your subscription, the money they make to stay in business.
    This was how they made money mostly during the time when it took FOREVER to make a Relic weapon, and why Dynamis had that "no re-entry" delay of 72hrs, to make you HAVE to wait to play more to keep paying subscription. It MADE you have to keep playing for weeks, months, Years even to complete one item.
    The more you play, the more you pay; exceedingly simple.
    For the rebuttal of "Well I don't want to have to wait that long, we should have this now blah blah...." (of which they HAVE given in to a LOT of these QoL opportunities), then the lack of patience and waiting is the player's consequence and not theirs. As we have seen repeatedly told by others before; this is their game, they can do/not do whatever they want, live with it. If someone leaves then better for the rest of us with less competition.
    It's all basic business sense. With the huge influx of returning players they have seen in the last two years, losing one or two because that play is impatient and were raised with the attitude of "I deserve everything instantly now and shouldn't have to be hampered from programming game inconveniences" is not their priority at SE atm.
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    That's a pretty cynical view of the request, but you do you, there.

Frankly, I'm in agreement that upping the cap or removing it entirely is justified. The currency is not time gated like various other activities and basically boils down to a mix of individual effort to acquire it and then the tedium of returning to an NPC to spend it. There is ultimately nothing being egregiously handed out aside from making it feasible to go a healthy play session without forcing the break. Heck, I'd be more amenable to the concern that it'd just allow botters to bot more without worry, but I've never really been a fan of shooting down a reasonable request because some people may exploit it/GMs are too lazy to the job they need to be doing.
    (1)

Player
    Or, rather than it being motivated by money, it could simply be motivated by programming constraints <,<;; They've already raised the caps for sparks/accolades once, and I vaguely remember something about this being about as high as it can go due to how it was programmed. There's lots of things like this in the game that go beyond "won't" to "can't" change, like CP/kill and eschan beads. They were both implemented w/ a specific binary value as their cap (65335). The only difference between the two is that beads has an artificial cap of 50000, while CP/kill is allowed to go all the way up. The devs are on record at one point about it being not worth the effort required to raise the bead cap because the absolute max is not that much higher than the current cap.

I genuinely doubt that sparks/accolades were implemented with greatly higher binary cap than what we are able to get right now.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Primitive
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    or maybe they could just make it so the capped sparks are worth 10x more than they are now.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyriack View Post
    or maybe they could just make it so the capped sparks are worth 10x more than they are now.
    Yeah, how about no. lol. Removing an arbitrary cap is one thing. Why not just make enemies drop 100k every time you kill something and just remove sparks alltogether.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriha View Post
    Frankly, I'm in agreement that upping the cap or removing it entirely is justified.
    This will just make the botting problem even worse, and flood the game with even more gil generated from people cheating.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    This will just make the botting problem even worse, and flood the game with even more gil generated from people cheating.
    Have you not noticed that this is clearly already the case? it can't possibly get worse lul.
    (0)

Character
    Primitive
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

yeah but

if u make it super easy to make gil the rmt would quit.
    (0)

Page 176 of 297 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 174 175 176 177 178 186 226 276 ... LastLast