Page 109 of 297 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 159 209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 2962
    Exactly, and just like with other campaigns, when they're not on, people frequently don't want to do the related content. Incursion campaign, even the exp campaign.

I get the business angle of campaigns: get hyped, the thing you wanted is finally available but it just leaves everyone who missed out behind until SE brings it 'round again. Like Sulevia's +1 after this month, or certain trusts (like good RDMs*, Ullegore, Shantotto II,).

* They did add a tutorial-method to obtain Koru-Moru.

I'd honestly just rather the old stuff be more consistently available. For instance, make high quality augments more common, as a permanent fixture of SR. I have a few max-stat pieces, a few decent, and a few that I've never seen a good version (Witching robe, lengo pants).
    (3)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 05-25-2016 at 10:19 AM.

Character
    Dashuto
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    I'd honestly just rather the old stuff be more consistently available. For instance, make high quality augments more common, as a permanent fixture of SR. I have a few max-stat pieces, a few decent, and a few that I've never seen a good version (Witching robe, lengo pants).
    If it would interest people I'd wish for it too, though due to their recent response I find it sadly unlikely.

I do find it a little odd we can buy Shantotto II with points but they claim Trusts from SR are too powerful to "be made more available". I can agree with a previous poster they aren't as strong as they seem, its just the reality has "anyway" been that people seem to run the event for August.

Rhapsody KI were known for changing a number of things in the game to become more convenient. The changes they made to Adoulin content were sort of lackluster, likely because Adoulin is the most recent expansion. Its a shame we have to rely on the creation of Vagary events or see Sinister Reign in its current state when you can go run 10 minute Assaults, re-enter Dynamis, buy 1kgil Voidwatch nerfers etc.
    (1)
    Thank you for changing Crysta payment options :3

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I think the devs just love Shantotto, and are super proud of that model that is used for her.
    (1)

Player
    The "they are too strong to be made available to more people and if we did so we would have to nerf them" is an answer to people asking for certain items to be made a little easier to get, as in Idris.
    (0)

Character
    Dashuto
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    The "they are too strong to be made available to more people and if we did so we would have to nerf them" is an answer to people asking for certain items to be made a little easier to get, as in Idris.
    Whoa, if August is as good as an Idris sounds like I need to get more serious about snagging this dude! 6 months sounds like totally nothing now

Funny, I was wondering that since I came back. The tag changes really make Mythics so much faster. It was always odd to me that Ergons don't have coalitions adjusted, it feels like a real shame.
    (0)
    Last edited by Eradius; 05-25-2016 at 09:48 PM.
    Thank you for changing Crysta payment options :3

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Eradius View Post
    Because every team I've formed, every last person is after August. In that regard, Trust:August is both the attraction of the event, and the cause of its inherent problems of "attraction".

I've formed over ten teams in the past two weeks and I made sure to ask what people were after. I even had to cancel a team after our tank got his August and bolted. While veteran players may find some use in creating macro-slots for especially high augmented versions of the gear, the reality is that almost anyone attempting SR in our current time is after August. Because of that, I also know I'm not alone in the woes of trying to run the content. Most black mages I bring are so fresh they don't have Death. Many admit they leveled the class simply to have a chance at SR and August. This is due to many teams simply not wanting to run the event without 2-3 BLM's.

It just seems to be the situation, everyone running it is after August, and they seem to stop showing up forever once they get the Trust Cipher. That is why a lot of what I try to convince is to make the other rewards equal in desirability to this Trust.

Look at it this way, if people I invited were telling me they were there for Floral hands, then we'd have people who want those also showing up. If people were telling me they were there for Samnuha, we'd have a pool of people wanting Samnuha stuff showing up.

Instead everyone just says they're there for August and "thats it". Once they get August, the event is dead to them. This means out of all the possible ways to attract a player to the event, there's only one (those who have not yet obtained August), and thats why its very difficult to get a full team. This pool of people also continues to shrink with time.
    Sounds like August needs a boost in drop-rate more than anything. I do recall the cipher being a bit too rare, but I got him before they supposedly fixed the SR "rewards".
    (0)

Character
    Fatts
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Definitely agree with the points on the campaigns. While it can be very fun to have campaigns sometimes, the direction of the game has gone a bit too far into being a "campaign-fest." This is hurtful for multiple reasons:

1. When a campaign is going on (let's say: crafting skillup bonus for everyone!), it becomes much more difficult to form parties for doing anything else, because everyone is crafting like deranged dhalmels on a full moon.

2. Stress: You have to rush to complete before the time is up. Tell your wife that you can't see her for a while because you want shining stars over your head. (..after which she will possibly provide for you)

3. The game dictates what you should really do next. I dislike this in many games, and I love FFXI because it's sandbox. I want to choose what I want to do (what's most fun for me at that moment) and when. Not because there's quadruple drop bonus for certain content that could potentially make me a gillionaire. You can't tempt me. No. Please don't.

4. It's a big thing if you miss out. The punishment can be huge! That shouldn't be the case. The game should be more focused on rewards, not punishments.

Rather than those, take a more balanced approach where there is no steep difference between having a campaign and not having it. (I'm looking at you, Capacity Points)

This would benefit the game a lot more.

My four cents. (Double cent campaign with increased frequency in player feedback)
    (6)

Missing a reward is not a punishment.

Personally, I like the campaigns.

Yes, XI is a sandbox. Sometimes it's too much of a sandbox. So much that I don't know what to do with myself.

"I can get double drops from hard mode mission battles right now" helps me be like "huh, maybe I will try that."

I hadn't tried soloing those until this event - because it seemed not worthwhile at the skill level I am at.

But then the campaign happened and I felt it was worth a shot. Now, not only do I know I can do these on my own - but I have some neat gear I got from soloing them.

That's a win for me.

If you don't need the campaign to enjoy the content you enjoy - go do it, but I am pleased with the campaigns giving me some ideas of fun ways to pass the time.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Missing a reward is not a punishment.
    It basically is. You suffer for the duration until SE decides to offer the reward again and missing some of the rewards is quite punitive.

Let's assume they had an SR campaign that dropped two pieces of gear to your personal pool, twice the chance at something good/perfect augmented. Everyone who missed this (came back to the game later) would have a more difficult time obtaining some of this gear which is still useful.

Great, we got Kupofried this month, but players who miss out have to wait til next time, making their solo-xp grind more painful.
    (3)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 05-26-2016 at 02:34 AM.

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Well with Kupofried you can predict when you get it ahead of time, since it happens on the anniversary which then also has a return home campaign so, yeah. Kinda no reason to not have it.
    (0)

Page 109 of 297 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 159 209 ... LastLast