Page 44 of 297 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 144 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    You can play this game without gear swapping. You just won't be as effective as the players that do. You won't be helpless either, as long as your set is good. If you're okay with that, good.

I don't do much gear swapping myself. I could never really garner enough interest to figure it out. I have a Chakra set that I'm pretty proud of, but oddly that's like the one thing most Monks don't care enough to gear swap for. I also have a Cursna set for my WHM. But I get by. I seem to accomplish the goals I set out to accomplish, and I have fun.
    (3)

Character
    Elizara
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    (I'll move this to a sep thread if ppl think it'll be noticed better)

There exists since CoP a solo ENM that (rare drop) drops a special piece of R/EX gear for every job until ToAU. It's called Pulling The Strings, 60 cap.

...Unfortunately it has been long forgotten. I'd like to see Dancer, SCH, GEO, and RUN added to it, it's just a itchy thing that I can't beat it on GEO just to say I did! I used it to practice cure timing on whm back in the day (WHM was the first job I beat Maat with, I did it the Maat Mashee method, Repose didn't exist back then) and it's a crying shame it's been forgotten so darn long.
    (0)

I really need to get a new sig..

Elizara of Quetz, formerly of Midgard
    99WHM/BLM/SMN/THF/BST

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizara View Post
    (I'll move this to a sep thread if ppl think it'll be noticed better)

There exists since CoP a solo ENM that (rare drop) drops a special piece of R/EX gear for every job until ToAU. It's called Pulling The Strings, 60 cap.

...Unfortunately it has been long forgotten. I'd like to see Dancer, SCH, GEO, and RUN added to it, it's just a itchy thing that I can't beat it on GEO just to say I did! I used it to practice cure timing on whm back in the day (WHM was the first job I beat Maat with, I did it the Maat Mashee method, Repose didn't exist back then) and it's a crying shame it's been forgotten so darn long.
    I have remembered about that old battlefield from time to time and in the recent times of remembering without trying it out yet is that I have been wondering it's now possible to call forth trusts upon entering it?
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Elizara
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    With the solo ENM, prolly not, it was designed to be soloed before trusts existed (I can find my vids of Pulling the Strings if you're curious for whm, blm, smn, and thf) but the other ENM in the area, prolly.

Also btw, as for another suggestion; I'd like to see the controller support updated for the PC version of this game a tad if that's at all possible. For years, people have been complaining about the triggers on Xbox 360 controllers not working without some serious monkey business/using unofficial drivers. And now..There's a homebrew wrapper for the Dual Shock 3 that uses the Xbox 360 drivers..that works beautifully except for one slight problem. The L2/R2 buttons are not recognized in FFXI because it is xinput, not directinput like FFXI likes, which means one has to use xpadder to yoink them back. (I assume that's the root of the Xbox 360 trigger problems too). Could that be fixed, please?
    (2)

I really need to get a new sig..

Elizara of Quetz, formerly of Midgard
    99WHM/BLM/SMN/THF/BST

Character
    Venomous
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Ancient Currency Trader

Someone probably suggested this already, but how about an ancient currency trader in Jeuno...?
    (2)

Character
    Rifaran
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    we should be able to /shout, /yell, /say and access the menu while we are dead just as you can in FFXIV

also we should be able to see a list of EVERYONE in the linkshell and who joined and who left, just as we can do so in FFXIV.
    (3)

Character
    Paugue
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizara View Post
    With the solo ENM, prolly not, it was designed to be soloed before trusts existed (I can find my vids of Pulling the Strings if you're curious for whm, blm, smn, and thf) but the other ENM in the area, prolly.

Also btw, as for another suggestion; I'd like to see the controller support updated for the PC version of this game a tad if that's at all possible. For years, people have been complaining about the triggers on Xbox 360 controllers not working without some serious monkey business/using unofficial drivers. And now..There's a homebrew wrapper for the Dual Shock 3 that uses the Xbox 360 drivers..that works beautifully except for one slight problem. The L2/R2 buttons are not recognized in FFXI because it is xinput, not directinput like FFXI likes, which means one has to use xpadder to yoink them back. (I assume that's the root of the Xbox 360 trigger problems too). Could that be fixed, please?
    I too would like better controller support. I found out that x360wc drivers for the Wireless xbox 360 receiver can work well for configuring FFXI, but those break how the controller works in other programs, such as Awesomenauts and Steam Big Picture mode. So if we could get xinput support that would be fantastic.
    (0)

Character
    Athen
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Game Devs:

Are there any plans on making mythic building while solo any easier? I appreciate the solo entry for assaults and nyzul, but an area of frustration is Einherjar. Are there plans on allowing Einherjar to be accessed solo? Also, would there be a way to have players buy one key item (similar to the prismatic hourglass) so as to not keep spending 60,000 gil per entry?

Hopefully this will be seen. I appreciate the more-solo-friendly direction the game is going, since it let's me work on goals that have been on my radar for years without having to recruit extra bodies for minimum entry requirements.
    (4)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Athen View Post
    Game Devs:

Are there any plans on making mythic building while solo any easier? I appreciate the solo entry for assaults and nyzul, but an area of frustration is Einherjar. Are there plans on allowing Einherjar to be accessed solo? Also, would there be a way to have players buy one key item (similar to the prismatic hourglass) so as to not keep spending 60,000 gil per entry?

Hopefully this will be seen. I appreciate the more-solo-friendly direction the game is going, since it let's me work on goals that have been on my radar for years without having to recruit extra bodies for minimum entry requirements.
    Last I heard they said no to any changes to einherjar.
    (0)

All right I'll go ahead and make the suggestion, we should be allowed to equip stuff from not only our item & wardrobe storage but our mog satchel, sack, and case. I understand if it can't be done without having it equip from the storage and safe but at least try to since you guys have to push back increasing the macros for it. And maybe increase the regular macros if you would.
    (5)
    Last edited by Blah; 09-06-2014 at 07:55 AM. Reason: misspell
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Page 44 of 297 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 144 ... LastLast