Page 185 of 297 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 183 184 185 186 187 195 235 285 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2962
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    I am not saying FFXIV is a bad game. It's quite a different game. I mean I am happy SE brought us RDM they promised and made me look like a Zorro but I wasn't impressed with how they designed it to be. I understand FFXIV's battle system is very basic. All you could think of tank, dps, and healer. That's why I prefer FFXI's battle system better. It's like customizing your own job what you like it to be. RDM in FFXI will always be RDM in my heart. I play both games too and I am okay with a small free company I am in.
    It's meant to be approachable and less of a hassle to pick up and play, which is why the difficulty of the game is rooted in managing and dodging mechanics rather than elaborate inreractions between stats and effects and stuff. And this is fine, and it's fun, the real problem with it though is it means battles are only difficult until you win the first time, and then you will generally have an easy time every time after that. Battles in FFXI are usually a little less predictable so you have to be more flexible, making the challenging elements last longer. FFXI is just harder in general, but since a good chunk of that difficulty is in learning to play your job, I think that's why a lot of people had a hard time getting into it (which is too bad because of how much the game has to offer).

FFXI should definitely look at ways to improve the new user experience and hold new player's hands just a bit more at the start of the game, guiding them to the things they should do early on, and then gradually take the training wheels off and encourage people to experiment. Because as old as the game is, I routinely see people, especially FFXIV players, who are curious about this game that's still around. I'm certainly glad that they made the game a lot less of a hassle to set up at least.

Make important NPC's functions more clear- I'm not talking about quest givers, but rather vendors and other NPCs with important functions like conquest guards etc. They could use the already existing nameplate icon system for this, like the bazaar bag to indicate a vendor NPC. Is there actually any reason NPCs can't have icons by their names like PCs?
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-13-2019 at 07:36 AM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Is there actually any reason NPCs can't have icons by their names like PCs?
    Good question. PS2 limitations and I agree FFXI should look at ways to improve the new user experience. Funny is... a lack of UI and information what make the community more merry. Like you are an expert telling a newcomer don't forget to take Signet before you all leave the city. Don't know where? Come and follow me I will show you. Even if anyone doesn't enjoy what FFXI's community is then FFXIV might be a good place for them. Two different kinds of MMO work better for SE so players don't have to compare which is better. FFXI's community doesn't need to be bigger than FFXIV. Smaller community the better.

I'd imply that stuff in FFXI like mounts and such should stay FFXI-related. Every time I get on FFXI I see players love talking about stuff that exist in Vana'diel. I was kinda disappointed how FFXIV got a new vehicle mount from FFXV that has nothing to do with FFXIV at the same time I think it is cool to have four players riding on the same mount.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    Good question. PS2 limitations and I agree FFXI should look at ways to improve the new user experience. Funny is... a lack of UI and information what make the community more merry. Like you are an expert telling a newcomer don't forget to take Signet before you all leave the city. Don't know where? Come and follow me I will show you. Even if anyone doesn't enjoy what FFXI's community is then FFXIV might be a good place for them. Two different kinds of MMO work better for SE so players don't have to compare which is better. FFXI's community doesn't need to be bigger than FFXIV. Smaller community the better.

I'd imply that stuff in FFXI like mounts and such should stay FFXI-related. Every time I get on FFXI I see players love talking about stuff that exist in Vana'diel. I was kinda disappointed how FFXIV got a new vehicle mount from FFXV that has nothing to do with FFXIV at the same time I think it is cool to have four players riding on the same mount.
    It's definitely true th at the lack of information forces people to consult people around them- but people do like to figure things out themselves where they can as well and the game really doesn't make that easy. Now I'm all for leaving quests and such alone (and not marking them or putting guidance for every quest on the map). But I feel like vendors and other important NPCs that players use on a regular basis should be clearly marked. There are occasions where the game does this already (with NPCs like the A.M.A.N NPCs which makes them sound important) but it's uncommon. if every regular shop vendor had a sack by their name, there'd be no question that this is a vendor and you can sell him your prize powders or whatever other junk.

I agree though... crossover events can be fun but some of the stuff that gets added as a result can be pretty silly (the worst part about the car btw is it controls like any other mount and really doesn't drive like a car making it not real fun to use)
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-13-2019 at 01:18 PM.

Character
    Primitive
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    err i meant to say "tons of depth" not "tons of death" lol... though I guess the later can be true as well lol.

The Yukes were one of the four races in the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles series. The name I use in FFXIV and everywhere else but here is that of one of the major characters in the second game, Ring of Fates.
    the real question is when are they going to remaster crystal chronicles.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyriack View Post
    the real question is when are they going to remaster crystal chronicles.
    They're actually already doing that (though, the original one only as far as I know)
    (1)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    "tons of death"

GAME OVER!
    (0)

Character
    Lucor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    A QoL issue that I think ought to be looked into before it gets anymore out of control is the Moogle storage slips. Currently there are 28 slips, and that number will only grown as more items are released that can be stored.

With how cumbersome it has become to carry all of these slips, it would be nice if the current system could be changed, or a new system implemented that would allow us to store these items without having to carry a slip. One suggestion, if it's possible, would be to convert the slips into key items.
    (0)

Character
    Primitive
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

vile elixers

can you make vile elixir and vile elixir +1 from curio not ex so we can have more than one? really would help when solo cping at early levels.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyriack View Post
    can you make vile elixir and vile elixir +1 from curio not ex so we can have more than one? really would help when solo cping at early levels.
    That would essentially give people at all levels unlimited MP and HP restore.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    That would essentially give people at all levels unlimited MP and HP restore.
    Who cares? The only way mobs can kill anyone is death/doom/Gimmick anyway.
    (0)
    Last edited by Isola; 06-17-2019 at 11:19 AM.

Page 185 of 297 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 183 184 185 186 187 195 235 285 ... LastLast