Character
    Alzula
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdryik View Post
    Drop from NM's:
    There's no need to farm them anymore, Valkurm Emperor, Leaping Lizzy, Mee Deggi, etc... as we level very fast, they become useless really fast...
    So the idea here, is to make thoses drop items 100% !
    Obtaining stuff for free is already set in the Records of Eminence, but what if... i want to upgrade myself a little bit while leveling ? i'd like to farm some NM but to bad, they dont drop fairly well...
    Make it 100% could give me a purpose of farming thoses NM while i am leveling, slowing down just a little bit, but not so much my exp, discovering more zones, challenging more Notorious Monster Alone (With my Trust xD).
    Anyway, thoses items become garbage once you hit a certain level, so why not ?

Shadow Lord:
    I was trying to solo it at my level 60 (still with my Trust), it's a really easy fight, until... he get imune to physical damage...
    Nowaday there's not much people that need this fight, and i dont want to disturb anyone with that while i can fight it... alone !!
    So i did it, and i won ! it was close tho because of.... the imunity lasting for 5 minutes...
    I have trust, but, my Mages trust are kind enough to use all of their MP during the magic imunity (nuke and heal), leaving me and my other physical fellow trust waiting for 5 minutes until we can hit again.
    The Idea here, would be to lower the immune timer, to 1 minutes ? maybe less ? (i did had time to take a cup of coffee during that immune time, and at the second phase, 2 of my trust were dead, because, you know thoses healer, were out of mana very quickly.

Trust and Ranged Job:
    It's a pain as playing ranged job to play with trust...
    They are waiting until i'm close enough to hit with my dagger to engage.
    Can't there be a rule that if i'm close enough to hit with my bow/gun, that Trust will still engage ? (5-7~ Fts).
    I would like there to be some reason why drops from old school NM arent 100%

as far as shadow lord. there are several mage trusts you can get that would have broken the shield. However the 2 which arent time sensative require rank 6 which you get for beating shadow lord. so yeah its a bit silly there isnt at least 1 mage you can get without login points/limited time events/rank 6 or higher.
    (0)

Character
    Maestrel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    They couldn't broke the shield, as they are using all their mana during the magical immune, being left to 0MP no refresh or whatsoever, healing the tank in the meantime or themselves.
    As for NM drop 100% it should lower the price tag of non rare/ex items or sellable items into the AH, but... maybe not a 100% but an higher rate. A Newcomer (does that exist anymore?) will never buy thoses at AH as there isn't plenty and very expensive.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    My LS and Friendlist in FFXI is steadily filling up with returning players who have quit FFXIV. So I do not hate FFXIV at all, it is a great advertisement for FFXI.
    They will be on and off, much like me. The first patch after the expansion took an EXTREMELY long time to come out and greatly contributed to players becoming restless. I've been doing it too, and to be perfectly honest having two MMOs to bounce between has worked wonders to keep either one from getting too stale. Before FFXIV came out, oddly enough I spent a considerable amount of time playing MapleStory (lol).

People play FFXIV and they start to miss FFXI, and they return to FFXI
    Some people do, and I'm one of them. But the fact does remain that XIV isn't really advertising XI, as it has a much larger population. The reason you see what you're seeing is XIV has a lot of players that came from XI- they're predisposed to coming back because, well, you can never really quit FFXI, it will only quit you. : P

FFXI grows on you if you play it long enough, and no matter how good or bad any other game is, once you play it, it becomes a part of you. And the current team, small as it may be, has done a suprising amount with the resources available to them. It's like the little MMO that could
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-16-2016 at 04:50 AM.

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    FFXI grows on you if you play it long enough, and no matter how good or bad any other game is, once you play it, it becomes a part of you.
    Just like cancer, even when you get it removed, and irradiated, it still comes back.
    (1)
    Last edited by Vae; 02-16-2016 at 04:54 AM.

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    And for every person who quits who has two accounts full of characters you need four returning players with single character accounts to keep the same revenue.

Driving off people who've been willing to fork over ~60 to ~120 dollars a month on your game for years won't be offset by people who dip back in for a month or two at 1/4th or less that amount of money, then quit again.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdryik View Post
    They couldn't broke the shield, as they are using all their mana during the magical immune, being left to 0MP no refresh or whatsoever, healing the tank in the meantime or themselves.
    Shantotoo II is very mp efficient. There are also trusts with refresh
    (0)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Shantotoo II is very mp efficient. There are also trusts with refresh
    Yeah, it's too bad those aren't available you have to play with the crappy ones until the good ones magically (literally) become available.
    (0)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    Yeah, it's too bad those aren't available you have to play with the crappy ones until the good ones magically (literally) become available.
    It's almost as if people are incapable of getting into the shoes of (other) players.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    That or maybe I don't know exactly when he started back up again? Just returned is hard to judge especially after listing having done and tried a few things. So I figured at least a few weeks. But excuse me for trying to be helpful

Shantotto II was from a campaign a couple of months back so seemed like a distinct possibility. Though sounds like not

Sylvie (UC) is available from the start and can refresh

Apururu (UC)- will devotion your mages when they get low.

Domina is available right now from log in campaign. She mixes it up with melee and magic so that might work.

All last month there was an alter ego extravaganza so could pick up Koru or Joachim if you picked them up.
    (0)
    Last edited by dasva; 02-17-2016 at 06:18 AM.

Character
    Maestrel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I did came back a week ago. the only available trust were thoses that come with the login campagn that actually occurs.
    Anyway, i managed to deal with the fight still, so it was no big deal as an old player.
    I did had Joachim tho, but, he was so... useless while leveling i didn't thought about him !
    thanks tho for the answers !! it was nice getting some more advice.
    As for now i've hit Lv.73, and i've encounter no trouble yet, trying my hands on CoP/Zilart/Aht Urghan/etc... with my fellow trust.
    (if you could see me right now, i've got Chrome with nearly 30 tabs open to keep on tracks on everything that is new to me...).
    (0)

Page 92 of 297 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 192 ... LastLast