Page 111 of 296 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2954
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    Yeah, except that FFXI was always a game that emphasised the importance of levelling multiple jobs, multiple weapons, multiple skills.

It is not hard to switch to WAR/thf or MNK/thf for Abyssea farming. Its not really hard to have about eight level 1~30 proc weapons in your moghouse, that you can use for farming Red staggers.
    I can use those inventory slots for other things, lol.

And yeah, you wanna equip a weak weapon so you don't do an 8k retribution, which means your trusts are suddenly 99-0 and taking a lot of damage.

I didn't terribly mind abyssea when abyssea was relevant but it's not even fun to be there anymore. We're naturally attack-capped against everything in there in our 119 gear, don't even get the momentary laugh of a huge ws.
    (1)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    I can use those inventory slots for other things, lol.

And yeah, you wanna equip a weak weapon so you don't do an 8k retribution, which means your trusts are suddenly 99-0 and taking a lot of damage.
    I solo farmed five Empys for myself, before Trusts were allowed, and it was easy. So I don't see the problem of having your Trusts drop from 119.

I didn't terribly mind abyssea when abyssea was relevant
    Lol, Abyssea is still "relevant" if you want an Empy. If you don't want an Empy, don't farm Abyssea. Sinister Reign and other endgame content is not "relevant" either, because I don't want gear from it. Content only becomes relevant when you want some loot from it, and if you want loot from content that requires procs, you should go on a proc job and bring a handful of low level proc weapons.
    (0)

I feel like you're trying to be difficult. I didn't mind abyssea when abyssea was challenging content that the majority participated in on a daily basis. Now it's a pain to lug out weapons and try to not kill the boss.
    (1)

4. 05-26-2016 07:56 AM

Character
    Dashuto
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    A lot of people here seem to argue for "but its actually not so bad to do" on various things. Is this not the Quality of Life thread where we identify small inconvenient stuff that the devs could feel is easily improved?

I think we should remember to keep that in mind.

I don't find it inconvenient to deal with Aby but I was always very used to it. Yet I can completely understand peoples irritation with it especially if they're very new with a job or two or very old with inventory issues.
    (1)
    Thank you for changing Crysta payment options :3

Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I'm really not trying to be difficult, I think you are a nice guy and I often LIKE your posts and find myself nodding along with you in agreement.
    I like you too. Fitting that we know each other only as characters, because I find you to be quite the colorful character. You enjoy parts of this game that I barely pay attention to. I'm not degrading you for that, I think it's neat.

I've never been an adventurer, I'm a conqueror, but I always liked the adventurers I've met.00

This is just another "make the game easier" discussion, I personally feel that they made Aby ridiculously easy already, and your suggestion of 100% automatic KIs would make the whole process mindless and way too easy for a Legendary Weapon process.

On killing proc mobs before you can proc them, just use a WHM trust only, no DD trusts. Use TP atmas, no attack atmas, defensive armor sets and level 1-30 weapons. I did this on my WAR, and the mobs never died before I could proc them.
    Oh I know, turn from the boss and wait for TP to build, but to me that's very very mindless. To me, that is the very opposite of fun.

Some people enjoy Aby Procs. It is like a Puzzle Game, like trying out various keys in a lock to see which fits. I consider the Aby Proc system to be an achievement that SE should be proud of. It is a small but fun challenge, which can be overcome by timing the WS just right, being aware of the mobs TP patterns etc. There is skill involved.
    I don't mind complex systems when there's other stuff going on but in abyssea, in our 119 gear, even without atmas, it's basically like having atma. We hit so much harder and our gear gives enough that's about equal to cruor buffs. Searching for a proc the other night on a zone boss for a friend, I did a 5k Fast Blade.

And please, pretty please, don't suggest that I carry around a set of 99-0 armor, lol^^.
    (1)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Well what I was going for was not it's not so bad, but more, it's actually stupid easy.
    (0)

8. 05-26-2016 09:48 AM

Character
    Saruhiko
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Oh, yes, I could absolutely do for faster adventurer keen senses. I never seem to get them in time, especially when I'm going for blue procs.
    (1)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    San d'Oria, Windurst, Bastok: Rank 10
    ZM:O CoP:O AU:O ACP:O
    Italian Dragoon FTW! <3 Azure 4Ever. (Roleplayer)

Character
    Leocon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    This isn't so much a QoL suggestion as more a basic common sense suggestion.

When talking to Temptrix and verifying which NMs you've killed for Aeonic Weapon progression, there's no obvious method of closing the menu. No "Cancel/I'm done" option. The only options are "Show me what I've killed" and "I'd like to give up entirely" The latter of which cancels the quest all together. Even using the ESC key doesn't close the menus. The only way to close the menus is to click on one of the enemies listed under "Show me what I've killed." That is absolute garbage.

I would just like to point out how unbelievably asinine that menu layout is. And what's worse, it caused one of my friends to cancel her weapon because she couldn't find any way to close the menu, even when trying to just ESC out of it. She clicked the only option that seemed to suggest "cancel" which was the "I'd like to give up entirely." Yes there were several warnings asking for confirmation, but the fact that the menu can't be closed with ESC when the majority of menus in this game can, and there was no obvious "cancel/leave" option in the menu, she went the only option that seemed HALFWAY logical.

50k beads and progress already made were thrown away by terrible menu design. I have to say this is the most disappointed I've ever been in the design of this game, and it's due to a damn poorly laid out menu.
    (12)
    Last edited by Leocon; 05-26-2016 at 11:28 PM.

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Leocon View Post

When talking to Temptrix and verifying which NMs you've killed for Aeonic Weapon progression, there's no obvious method of closing the menu. No "Cancel/I'm done" option. The only options are "Show me what I've killed" and "I'd like to give up entirely" The latter of which cancels the quest all together. Even using the ESC key doesn't close the menus. The only way to close the menus is to click on one of the enemies listed under "Show me what I've killed." That is absolute garbage.

I would just like to point out how unbelievably asinine that menu layout is. And what's worse, it caused one of my friends to cancel her weapon because she couldn't find any way to close the menu, even when trying to just ESC out of it. She clicked the only option that seemed to suggest "cancel" which was the "I'd like to give up entirely." Yes there were several warnings asking for confirmation, but the fact that the menu can't be closed with ESC when the majority of menus in this game can, and there was no obvious "cancel/leave" option in the menu, she went the only option that seemed HALFWAY logical.

50k beads and progress already made were thrown away by terrible menu design. I have to say this is the most disappointed I've ever been in the design of this game, and it's due to a damn poorly laid out menu.
    That is just terrible, I feel so sorry for your friend.

It is ridiculous that they offer a "cancel everything" option at the Trade NPC anyway. There should be a new NPC in Jeuno, next to the "Erase AF Memories" NPC, who you should have to visit and specify that you want to quit your weapon progress.

It is the same problem with Magian Moogles, if you are making an Empy and you are at 1499/1500 HMP, they will throw away 1499 Heavy Metal Plates if you are chatting about weapon progress and hit "cancel this stage."

Yes there is a minor Failsafe security lock "are you sure" but this totally ignores the fact that farming lots of items makes a person very tired, and a lot of people go to trade items and check progress at the end of a run, before bedtime, when they are sleepy.

There should not be a "cancel all progress" option available at the NPC where you trade items for progress. It should be in a separate area where you would only go to if you really wanted to cancel your progress.

The lack of a ESC / back option is just terrible, and this needs to be fixed as a priority. I would also urge SE to remove the "cancel all progress" option from Trade NPCs, and create a new NPC in a completely separate area where you can go to cancel progress on any current Trials.
    (2)

Character
    Helldemon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Leocon View Post

I think I would have crashed my game at that point. That sucks though for your friend, I think the NPC in port jeuno for JSE weapons/119 II/III REMA upgrades is similar. I remember getting a little worried when I couldn't esc out of the convo and I don't think I saw an obvious "I'm done option" until I clicked on looking at weapons or something.
    (0)

Page 111 of 296 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 211 ... LastLast